Modeltrainman

Toy Story 2019

I don't agree that these minifigures are bad. They're just a different style. More traditional LEGO which is good enough for me. I think they've been going back towards traditional LEGO more and more and we'll see less custom molds.

I might be getting some of these minifigures. I'm not that big into Toy Story but I appreciate it (just like how I'm not big into Disney but have the Disney figs on display).

You know, I think I personally prefer this style. My Lego world is very minifig centric. This wave of sets won't be that good for representing the world of toys, but it would be great for my minifigs. I particularly like the RV Park. The RV itself looks passable, with ample room for upstairs accommodation (if it doesn't have any, I'll make sure to add it). The entrance barrier and the cabin front reminds me of some real lakeside resorts I visited in the 90s. It could also be a good destination for the five camping vehicles I currently own (three City, one classic town, and one MOC).

I can understand the disappointment about the less accurate minifigures, but I think they will be good for character cameos and customisation in a minifig world. I wonder if the 2010 line wasn't quite as successful as hoped, making it harder to justify the cost of special moulds. If so, I'm glad they at least greenlighted the LGM and Rex.

However, it might be more likely that Lego have figured out they cannot compete with the authentic toys still sold by Disney. Fact is, Lego is a very different system of play to that portrayed in Toy Story. That's why it's barely featured in that franchise, and its own tie-in movies were completely different. Still, I would love to see some living Lego in the new one.

It could certainly be worse. When the first movie came out in 1995, there were no Lego sets!

16 hours ago, BrickG said:

I don't agree that these minifigures are bad. They're just a different style. More traditional LEGO which is good enough for me. I think they've been going back towards traditional LEGO more and more and we'll see less custom molds.

As on another topic, this sentiment deserves another round of applause. :smug:

Audience Clapping Gif

So this doesn’t really prove anything but an image of the new Woody minifigure riding Bullseye ‘leaked’, it looks to be the same mold so there’s no telling if it’s new or old, however it is one of those images surrounded by other new figs being sold, so it’s entirely possible that Bullseye’s coming in the new sets! Yay!!  :grin: :laugh:

On a separate note it may just be the angle but Bulleye looks to be scaled to big compared to this shorter version of Woody.

12 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

So this doesn’t really prove anything but an image of the new Woody minifigure riding Bullseye ‘leaked’, it looks to be the same mold so there’s no telling if it’s new or old, however it is one of those images surrounded by other new figs being sold, so it’s entirely possible that Bullseye’s coming in the new sets! Yay!!  :grin: :laugh:

On a separate note it may just be the angle but Bulleye looks to be scaled to big compared to this shorter version of Woody.

I think it should be fine. In the films, Woody and Bullseye are about the same height, with Jessie being a tad shorter. Bullseye is a bit taller than the standard minifig, but hopefully Woody and Jessie's hats will give them an extra push to be close enough. Also, you could put a plate in Bullseye's saddle to give his rider extra height. I suppose we'll have to wait until the sets come out to know for sure though.

37 minutes ago, Ultron said:

So is there just some other set that we haven't seen yet?

There's two unrevealed sets: 10767 {Show by Caboom Duke} and 10768 {Adventures of Buzz and Bo Peep on Playground}.

13 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'm surprised that no one's said anything about the new doctor-looking fig that leaked. 

That’s Duke Caboom, a daredevil stuntman action figure voiced by Keanu Reeves :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That’s Duke Caboom, a daredevil stuntman action figure voiced by Keanu Reeve :wink:

Heh, I like how clean-cut his torso design is, as it somewhat reminds me of prints used for Town figures from the '90s. :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

Omg, at 1:37 its the toy soldier from an early Pixar short!!

I am still not sold on Bo. Sounds like she has a new voice actress, but given Annie Potts' voice has become quite gravelly it's not surprising.

Edited by sunhuntin

On 3/19/2019 at 4:39 PM, sunhuntin said:

Omg, at 1:37 its the toy soldier from an early Pixar short!!

I am still not sold on Bo. Sounds like she has a new voice actress, but given Annie Potts' voice has become quite gravelly it's not surprising.

It's still Annie Potts. I recognized her voice immediately, especially on the line, "No time to explain."

It's fun that Laurie Metcalf is in it as well, since she plays Annie Potts' daughter, sort of. :)

Duke Caboom's Show leaked . . . to be honest? I am looking at this set and thinking "why does this exist?"

As for getting it . . eh. If it's cheap enough and Duke Caboom turns out to be a good character, then maybe. But definitely only if I have leftover cash sometime.

It's not bad, but doesn't interest me since Woody's already in the cheapest set and it doesn't really have anything else interesting.

I have to say I'm very disappointed with the decision to make the Toy Story sets 4+. This wave is very lackluster in contrast to the fantastic 2010 sets, which I still have built.

15 hours ago, x105Black said:

I love the new maple leaf piece!

What new piece? the part on the front of the bike is a printed 2x2 round tile.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

What new piece? the part on the front of the bike is a printed 2x2 round tile.

Right, but with a maple leaf print.  So that's new, anyways.

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

Right, but with a maple leaf print.  So that's new, anyways.

That's not new, right? We definitely have seen that before. 

I'm 99% sure that it's a regular shield piece. That's why when it leaked people were saying Captain Canada. 

10 hours ago, JadedSpade_ said:

That's not new, right? We definitely have seen that before. 

Well I guess I missed it.

On 2/26/2019 at 10:37 AM, Bornin1980something said:

I wonder if the 2010 line wasn't quite as successful as hoped, making it harder to justify the cost of special moulds. If so, I'm glad they at least greenlighted the LGM and Rex.

Perhaps. I would have thought, though, that they’d just use the old molds, as they’ve done for Buzz (aside from his 2010 head), the Pizza Planet alien(s), and Rex. If anything, it seems to me like going to more traditional minifigures might actually be more expensive than reusing the special 2010 arm, leg, and head molds, since this means they had to create new molds for Woody’s and Jessie’s hats, and so on.

Moreover, I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing the longer arms and legs brought back, not just for Toy Story but for a number of themes. A while back I saw a custom Chewbacca someone had done using the longer Toy Story arms and legs painted brown, and though I personally am more of a purist when it comes to minifigures, I found it remarkably effective.

That said, I think I’ll still get these sets, and combine them with the 2010 line, the Disney Minifigures, and my modest MOCing skills for my personal ideal LEGO representation of this franchise.