Modeltrainman

Toy Story 2019

Well, the last set for the theme leaked. A playground with Buzz, Bo Peep and the yellow doll whose name I don't know. It's actually pretty cute, and that doll minifig is tempting . . I might get it. I do have some empty park space in my layout . . if it's priced reasonably, then hmm. :)

The last two sets are fairly decent. It is a shame that characters like Hamm and Bullseye don’t show up although maybe they don’t appear in the scenes in which the sets are based? 

On 3/28/2019 at 12:06 AM, BigGuy4U said:

I have to say I'm very disappointed with the decision to make the Toy Story sets 4+. This wave is very lackluster in contrast to the fantastic 2010 sets, which I still have built.

I agree and actually I don’t mind having one or two 4+ sets. I just wish the WHOLE wave wasn’t compromised of them. I prefer the way the upcoming Batman wave has been handled. Two 4+ sets and the remaining 4 sets being regular scale.

This wave is such a disappointment. I really wished the Bo Beep was the classic version but it's just another repeat. I think I might just bricklink the figures because I really don't feel like buying all these sets for a few figures. Still thinking about using the Bo Beep hair and cane (I think) on a minidoll but I don't know if there are any minidollvparts I could use to make her. Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

all the sets are terrible in my opinion and wont sell very well at all I envy everyone who has the older toy story lego sets

I have them (everything but a couple DUPLO sets, two of the four polybags, and the extended line stuff), but honestly I still want these. That said, I do agree the 2010 line is a better representation of the overall franchise (up to that point, of course) than these are to the franchise as it stands now.

Of course, we’re looking at these through adult eyes, and it may well be that this year’s revival offerings really are better for the audience LEGO is trying to reach. But I do have to say I’m glad I have the sets from nine years ago.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

^^ I can do without the forkie Minifig, but I actually really like the Jessie and Rex minifigs. I think I will end up buying the set. 

2 hours ago, JadedSpade_ said:

^^ I can do without the forkie Minifig, but I actually really like the Jessie and Rex minifigs. I think I will end up buying the set. 

...and here's his review of 10767:

I like the Toy Story 4 range, not as much as the 2010 sets though, but that was clear from the get-go simply on the virtue of the latter not being 4+ sets :grin: Too bad there‘s still no way for TLG to release figures based on Mr Potato Head and Slinky Dog :hmpf_bad: I wonder if Hasbro (and whoever owns the rights to Slinky) don‘t want to grant their „competitor“ a license or if TLG isn‘t ready to pay the asking price (competitor in quotes since Kre-o is dead from what I can gather). Guess we‘ll never know...

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I like the Toy Story 4 range, not as much as the 2010 sets though, but that was clear from the get-go simply on the virtue of the latter not being 4+ sets :grin: Too bad there‘s still no way for TLG to release figures based on Mr Potato Head and Slinky Dog :hmpf_bad: I wonder if Hasbro (and whoever owns the rights to Slinky) don‘t want to grant their „competitor“ a license or if TLG isn‘t ready to pay the asking price (competitor in quotes since Kre-o is dead from what I can gather). Guess we‘ll never know...

Knowing we'll probably never get Mr. Potato Head kills me, especially since the Scurriers from Nexo Knights would be a near-perfect mold for him.