Modeltrainman

Toy Story 2019

Just now, saysonder said:

Woody looks good. Hopefully he isn’t too awkward standing next to Buzz. Should’ve used the midi Harry Potter legs for Buzz like I said (speaking of, have those appeared anywhere else since the Wizarding World CMF? Seems like a waste if they fall into obscurity like Woody’s legs) I already have Woody and Buzz from last go around, and the Buzz CMF fig, but I still want these :grin_wub:

Let’s hope Hamm and Rex show up again, I didn’t own them yet, alongside a standard head Jessie. Don’t really expect to see the others pop up, unless Bullseye’s mood still is in production. 

They are used for the upcoming Padme in the Star Wars Summer Sets

Just now, saysonder said:

Woody looks good. Hopefully he isn’t too awkward standing next to Buzz. Should’ve used the midi Harry Potter legs for Buzz like I said (speaking of, have those appeared anywhere else since the Wizarding World CMF? Seems like a waste if they fall into obscurity like Woody’s legs) I already have Woody and Buzz from last go around, and the Buzz CMF fig, but I still want these :grin_wub:

Let’s hope Hamm and Rex show up again, I didn’t own them yet, alongside a standard head Jessie. Don’t really expect to see the others pop up, unless Bullseye’s mood still is in production. 

Well, they did dig up the old Buzz molds 6 years later for the Disney CMF, so it's not entirely out of the question to bring back the others.

I thought this was the 25$ set so i got a little too excited, 50$ cad is pretty steep for that... i actually love the regular minifigs but i understand why others prefer the special pieces 

Regular limbs on Woody is annoying since the character is clearly taller than the others and we know the longer arms/legs molds do exist. 

I hope they will release more detailed pics soon

After looking forward to this for so long I am seriously disappointed. These could have been great but they are so far off of the already long standing “toy story LEGO standard” that I’m overwhelming disappointed. 

3 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

Diskingdom.com has the official set picture up on their Toy Story 4 Post.

While I can't say much for the build being a 4+ set and all, I am really quite happy that they haven't gone with specialized heads for Buzz, Woody, and Bo! Granted, having Woody's/Jessie's long arm and leg molds from the original theme return would've been a big plus for me; but, to compensate, we've instead got ourselves some new headgear molds to reuse elsewhere from Woody and Bo Peep, something you couldn't have gotten from specialized heads once again. :classic:

I'm pretty firmly on Team Regular Minifig Heads here. I really like the Buzz I got from the Disney CMF series a few years back, and I'm excited for the release of a Woody to match. Overall the set looks really good for a 4+, but I'll hold out for reveals of the rest of the line before I decide whether to pick it up. Most likely I'll just get the RC set, but this one's mighty tempting as a potential add-on to my Fairground Mixer. :thumbup:

I'm actually fairly impressed by this set, it looks pretty good!! :laugh: It's a welcome surprise to see so many new moulded pieces Ducky, Bunny, Woody's hat, Bopeep's staff and hair. While the build isn't anything special they don't look too Junorised and are way better than any of the builds we received last year in The Incredibles 2 wave.

I definitely prefer the regular head pieces as opposed to the moulded ones but agree that Woody needed something differentiate his height, oh well. Also Buzz is a step down from the version in CMF series (no arm printing or side leg printing) no surprises there.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of this wave. 

- Rex appears to be the same as before

Forky is a single mould

- The Army Men are microfigs

- RC doesn‘t hold a candle to the old one though :laugh:

IMG_20190216_070740.jpg

Live feed here: https://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-lego-news-new-york-toy-fair-2019-65216/

The rollercoaster set is kind of lackluster in its minifig selection, just Buzz and an Alien. Not sure what to think of the boxart either...

Edited by Lego-Freak

Well we've got a winner for the first set I'm gonna skip, the roller coaster is extremely boring. RC is disappointing but I need those army men. I guess I should start looking for the old RC set. The set with Jessie and Rex looks meh, I didn't even linked it to toy story at first sight, thought it was city. I hope Jessie and Sporky are in another set.

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Well, Im not that impressed by these. 

The best one is the set unveiled yesterday

Can't argue with that

Just now, legosamsonite said:

I love the rv set, was worried we wouldn't see rex, though i doubt we will see hamm or bullseye come back

I fear you're right, it would be a big disappointment. But I guess I got my hopes up a little bit too much after the wonderful revival of the Harry Potter theme last year.

So I guess we're only missing 2 sets now (the playground set and the one with the stuntman). I really hope classic Bo Beep and her sheep will be included since they've been confirmed to be in the movie.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Can't argue with that

I fear you're right, it would be a big disappointment. But I guess I got my hopes up a little bit too much after the wonderful revival of the Harry Potter theme last year.

So I guess we're only missing 2 sets now (the playground set and the one with the stuntman). I really hope classic Bo Beep and her sheep will be included since they've been confirmed to be in the movie.

Maybe the playground has bo peep, buzz and ham

Maybe woody and bullseye will be with the other set?

Then there are 3 woodys and 3 buzzs in the sets

56 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well we've got a winner for the first set I'm gonna skip, the roller coaster is extremely boring. RC is disappointing but I need those army men. I guess I should start looking for the old RC set. The set with Jessie and Rex looks meh, I didn't even linked it to toy story at first sight, thought it was city. I hope Jessie and Sporky are in another set. 

You should. It is such a great set - the best Toy Story Set in my opinion ond one of my favourite ones in general. The only bad thing is the spoiler connected with only 2 studs, so it will fall off very often while driving. If you just put it on your shelf without interest in playing with it, it is perfect for you.

Are there pictures of the army men? These could at least be something interesting to me.

Right now i am just dissaponted by these new sets. They are so poorly done... Boo Peep with normal legs and arms is useless for my existing Toy Story collection.

I have the old Rex. there is a difference. The new one has printed eyebrows which are unbelievable ugly in my opinion.

The duck is made ok, i guess. The bunny is terrible to me... Maybe the most terrible Minifigure i know. His size doesn´t fit (which is a minor problem because every scale is broken) but also doesn´t represent the character at all. He is fat like Lotso so he needs a mould like him. It looks like making Jabba the Hut a friends doll...

The only positive thing i can see right now are the two new hats for Wild west Mocs.

The worst thing is how much i love the licence and lego. I tried so hard to look for something positive in this sets :( At least i was hoping to get a good Boo Beep and printed arms for Woody. I have to search for a custom solution.

Edited by Gorilla94

Hm. I have to say I prefer the specialized heads for Woody, Jessie, and Buzz and the longer arms and legs for Woody and Jessie from the 2010 line. I’m glad I was able to get that whole line then (minus a few polybags, Duplo sets, and extended line items). I would have liked to have seen Bo as a minidoll.

Still, though, the sets are more than the figures, and these look like cute builds even if they’re 4+ sets. I might go for them all.

The best set is the one already revealed. It has basically everthing minifigure wise and the build looks decent. Ah well, now I only have to buy the  Buzz & Woody's Carnival Mania and Bricklink Jessie or buy that set on a sale. Are these all the sets that come out or do we miss one?

I had high hopes for these sets, but they're pretty disappointing (probably the figs). 

After a long thinking, I'm totally okay with TLG decision. We already had that reflexion in 2016 with the Disney cmf. Humanoids with regular heads, Monster/Creature/Alien/etc. with molded heads. Don't forget we talk about LEGO, which one of the main feature is having interchangeable parts. We can think that humanoids deserve the right to have double sided faces, or another hair/hat or other accessories (beard, mustache...). All this increases the playability. It's ok to have molded heads for Monster/Creature/etc, we can still take the head or other parts for what we want to do, but finally I like the idea of multiple potential for the humanoids even if it can be weird at the first sight.

Edited by notpennysboat

Just now, notpennysboat said:

. Don't forget we talk about LEGO, which one of the main feature is having interchangeable parts. We can think that humanoids deserve the right to have double sided faces, or another hair/hat or other accessories (beard, mustache...). All this increases the playability. 

Exactly this, and I like how LEGO actually puts more double faces and hair piece/helmets in sets now across multiple themes.

The new Hidden Side theme allows some of the figures to be normal, or monsters by swapping parts included.

29 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Hm. I have to say I prefer the specialized heads for Woody, Jessie, and Buzz and the longer arms and legs for Woody and Jessie from the 2010 line. I’m glad I was able to get that whole line then (minus a few polybags, Duplo sets, and extended line items). I would have liked to have seen Bo as a minidoll.

Still, though, the sets are more than the figures, and these look like cute builds even if they’re 4+ sets. I might go for them all.

i can understand the disappointment with the minifigures but honestly im more interested in main builds

i will likely get 3 of the sets not really for the figures but the builds but i agree that the minifigures lack compared to older toy story sets