Modeltrainman

Toy Story 2019

I really want the long legs and molded heads to return. Of course they will look kinda strange next to other themes, but isn't that kind of the point of Toy Story in general? To be honest I think Lego had a pretty good solution with giving us normalised versions in the cmf serie. For me those are the park versions of the characters. The regular movie versions on the other hand (molded heads, long legs) are very useful in scenarios with Antman for example.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

3 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I hope we get that legs and arms in other Themes too.  Goofy and Sauron would benefit from that, too.

I'd really like to see Chewbacca in particular with the long legs and arms.

It's kinda strange thing to me about Toy Story sets - on the one hand I actually don't like molded heads but on the other - I can't even imagine main characters with standard heads )

Honestly, I think that these characters would benefit more from different sized torsos. With a larger and smaller torso option it'd make character height a lot clearer. Imagine Chewie but a few studs taller. The long arms and legs look too weird imo.

12 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Toy Story 4 Duplo train revealed:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-duplo-10894-toy-story-4-zug-offizielle-set-bilder/75963

Hopefully that means that the other sets will be revealed soon! :oh:

I really want them to have regular heads, but the Duplo heads getting new moulds makes me think we'll be getting the weird moulded heads again...

Looks like they are using normal heads for the toy story wave as the first look at what I think is 10768: Adventures of Buzz and Bo Peep on the playground is out there

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Looks like they are using normal heads for the toy story wave as the first look at what I think is 10768: Adventures of Buzz and Bo Peep on the playground is out there

The blue and green rabbit has a moulded head. And no minidoll body for Bo Peep :)

Edited by AdriWho

Just now, Kevii23 said:

Normal heads as in molded heads or from the CMF? I really can't see it on that ultra blurry picture. 

Looks like the CMF head for Buzz.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

First set image is out I think it’s for the $50 set

Yeah it's definitely 10770 – Woody and Buzz’s Carnival. I really love the new moulded little yellow bird there :D

I guess this is the official end for the long legs. Woody appears to have relatively the same amount of printing as last time. But it kinda looks like Woody is smaller than Buzz because of the helmet, it probably looks kinda awkward. The bunny looks a little bit too skinny compared to Lotso last time. The duck looks cute though. I'm thinking about using Bo Beep's hair, cane and cloak onto a minidoll since the print doesn't look too special anyway.

D7BD99C0-9178-4718-8EE5-1DE52EB00FAB-102

$39.99 

At least woody has dual molded legs, but I'm glad I bought the older versions.

Edited by Kevii23

Just now, Kevii23 said:

D7BD99C0-9178-4718-8EE5-1DE52EB00FAB-102

$39.99 

At least woody has dual molded legs, but I'm glad I bought the older versions.

Plus hat and hair combo mold.

Woody looks good. Hopefully he isn’t too awkward standing next to Buzz. Should’ve used the midi Harry Potter legs for Buzz like I said (speaking of, have those appeared anywhere else since the Wizarding World CMF? Seems like a waste if they fall into obscurity like Woody’s legs) I already have Woody and Buzz from last go around, and the Buzz CMF fig, but I still want these :grin_wub:

Let’s hope Hamm and Rex show up again, I didn’t own them yet, alongside a standard head Jessie. Don’t really expect to see the others pop up, unless Bullseye’s mood still is in production.