Modeltrainman

Toy Story 2019

Toy Story 4 is officially confirmed , June 15th, 2019. Is it way too early to discuss hopeful sets?

Edited by Modeltrainman

15 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

Is it way too early to discuss hopeful sets?

Well, until we hear of anything, I think this discussion may be better suited for the below linked one:

I'll just say, if anything, possible sets for Toy Story 4 may be more than likely slotted under the Juniors theme, much like the ones seen for both Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2. Whether or not such sets may utilize the specialized heads introduced for the original theme would have yet to be seen. 

I would like to see it come back, even a couple of sets. I have heard Bo-Peep is the focus of this movie, and it would be great to get a minifig of her as it would essentially finish off Andy's better known toys, other than Mr Potatohead. The Toy Story sets are what brought me out the dark ages, and they are still displayed proudly while most other sets are packed away.

On 6/26/2018 at 1:01 AM, Modeltrainman said:

Thanks buddy!

By the way, we may now have leaked confirmation of what may be at least a Duplo set for next year:

• 1089(?) LEGO Toy Story Train *
  • MSRP $19.99
  • DPCI 204-00-0220

The final digit of the set number was cut off in the post's image, hence the question mark.

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, we may now have leaked confirmation of what may be at least a Duplo set for next year:

• 1089(?) LEGO Toy Story Train *
  • MSRP $19.99
  • DPCI 204-00-0220

The final digit of the set number was cut off in the post's image, hence the question mark.

I saw this too, but wondered about the reality of it. How do you get a train for $20.  Just an engine with 2 minifigures?  

1 hour ago, RyanMe said:

I saw this too, but wondered about the reality of it. How do you get a train for $20.  Just an engine with 2 minifigures?  

Again, it's a Duplo set, the last LEGO Toy Story Duplo Train was $35 for this:

51a4Iz8ymzL.jpg

Well, I think the question mark in the name of this thread can be removed now

The question is, is this a set based on Toy Story 4? Because getting only 1 set would be weird

9 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I hope we get a Lego figure of Barbie and Ken. 

Not gonna happen, since the rights to those toys belong to Mattel, who is a competitor to LEGO (they own M€g@blöks after all) :wink: Likewise, Slinky Dog and Mr Potato head will never be LEGO-fied either :sadnew:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Not gonna happen, since the rights to those toys belong to Mattel, who is a competitor to LEGO (they own M€g@blöks after all) :wink: Likewise, Slinky Dog and Mr Potato head will never be LEGO-fied either :sadnew:

Aw that sucks. What do you think would happen if they made a Lego TS video game (like some have speculated)? Do you think they'd find a workaround? 

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

Aw that sucks. What do you think would happen if they made a Lego TS video game (like some have speculated)? Do you think they'd find a workaround? 

Good question. If we were to get a game, I could see them cutting a deal with the respective IP owners (Mattel for Barbie & Ken, Hasbro for Mr Potato Head and whoever owns the rights to Slinky Dog) since it wouldn't be physical toys that interfere with their sales :wink: Omitting them really wouldn't make any sense plot-wise and replacing them would just be silly (introducing "Generic Doll", "Generic Male Counterpart Doll", "Señor Kumara Noggin" and "Coil Spring Canine" :laugh_hard:).

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good question. If we were to get a game, I could see them cutting a deal with the respective IP owners (Mattel for Barbie & Ken, Hasbro for Mr Potato Head and whoever owns the rights to Slinky Dog) since it wouldn't be physical toys that interfere with their sales :wink: Omitting them really wouldn't make any sense plot-wise and replacing them would just be silly (introducing "Generic Doll", "Generic Male Counterpart Doll", "Señor Kumara Noggin" and "Coil Spring Canine" :laugh_hard:).

Haha yep. Barbie and Ken are lesser characters, but Slinky and the Potatoes are iconic members. 

15 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

Haha yep. Barbie and Ken are lesser characters, but Slinky and the Potatoes are iconic members. 

They had pretty major roles in the third movie . . 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

5 sets, all under the juniors line which was expected 

Well I wish we were getting normal sets but hey, it's Lego Toy Story! Hopefully it keeps the same charm the original sets had.

18 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

5 sets, all under the juniors line which was expected 

Hmmm, I wonder if all five of these sets will be exclusively based upon the upcoming fourth film or if any may take after the previous three. Nonetheless, I'm at least hoping we'll see Bo Peep as a figure for the first time, considering how she'll be central to the next installment.

23 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hmmm, I wonder if all five of these sets will be exclusively based upon the upcoming fourth film or if any may take after the previous three. Nonetheless, I'm at least hoping we'll see Bo Peep as a figure for the first time, considering how she'll be central to the next installment.

Fourth film only.

25 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Fourth film only.

Are you aware of this only through packaging and/or branding? If you know more than that, would you be able to say whether the sets' figures have specialized heads and/or limbs like the original theme, or do they take after the CMF Buzz Lightyear (if you know what I mean by that)?