Hello

Just want to present to you my new MOC

Lakeside Cottage

42936274461_0285173e7f_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

Are your minifigs stressed by modern life and tired of being locked in a box or displayed in a window? Here's the solution!

Looking over a fantastic emerald green lake, this cottage is perfect for a simple weekend or for a long relaxing vacation for your minifigs.

43056731041_5a8890b77c_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

It has all the modern stuff, while still disguised perfectly into nature, being covered with wooden planks.

42338669204_41108159ba_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

Developed on two floors, it has a roof completely and easily removable, to increase the chances to play.

29120880078_4d075e38b1_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

On the ground floor there's a modern kitchen with many cabinets, a cooktop, a desk and stools.

43055184442_14ff629218_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

43054960942_3475c43347_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

28236071487_c4983aa593_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

There's a sitting room with a leather sofa, a crystal table, a chimney (that goes up to the first floor too), a flat TV with stereo, an armchair, a bookshelf and big windows that look onto the lake.

29232813068_bf62023250_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

28236082857_5c17453668_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

43055129582_c7ce20aa88_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

42943443012_b5329a3e36_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

On the first floor, reachable through the stairs, you can find a bedroom with a chest of drawers and a wardrobe, a hallway with small furniture, a big bathroom with a sink, a WC and a big shower for two.

43055096832_61bdce8c0e_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

41293786800_afbe54aeec_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

29232753318_e72ab58fe1_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

42200294715_b9913915d3_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

28236045167_23b60d8546_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

43055107822_cd8ea1e039_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

41293708040_ce1d3b8216_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

42943416952_f564783b04_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

Outside you can find a barbecue, a wooden pier with beach chairs, a canoe, a spot for horses and an american letter box.

43055080692_298050d048_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

41293668250_59b95b1054_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

43105161551_5e2759c65d_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

29232691548_372a3f082d_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

You can enjoy a fish grill, spend a relaxed afternoon enjoying nature and the lake on your cribs, go out on a boat for a fishing afternoon, play with your dog, send and receive mail o and from friends (and bills!), go out for a ride in the woods, together with animals like the hedgehog and the swift that just made its nest on a tree.

43055074752_0a7428d216_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

42200322885_2e028ba919_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

43055034932_65b297a5ce_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

42386602144_0df6a00ac5_o.jpgLakeside Cottage by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

I've just added this MOC on LEGO Ideas because I think that if I found it on the shelves of the shops I would definitely buy it. If you want this is the link to give your support to this project and why not, leave your feedback.

Hope someone would help me promoting this idea because I'm not so much expert in this.

Thank you for feedback.

Cristiano

Edited by vedosololego
Added more pictures

Very cosy cottage! The colours are pretty and blend nicely with the grassy atmosphere it's surrounded by. I really really like the angle you've put the roof in, it gives it a modern look to an otherwise very traditional home. The dock is very nice and simple and really like the seats you've made using the car raisers (I rememember playing with those so much wiht those Racers sets back in the day. The only area I believe isn't as well solved is the lake. How the underwater changes colour is great but trans green makes it look too similar to the grass. Also, the rocks are a bit tiny. This is anyway a great MOC!

PD: How come you've committed minifigcide just to use one of their poor little hands for a mailbox opener! :head_back:

The cottage itself is very interesting. It looks like an oldtraditional wooden cottage on the outside, but is furnished in a modern style. I'm not a fan of the window panes, so I'd prefer to have a glass installed. It would also match better with the ground floor large windows. The interior looks nice, specially the glass coffe tables, but the quality of the pictures doesn't do it justice. Have you tried different camera settings to remove the yellow hue and over-exposure?

The lake looks a bit odd with the green water. The color is often reflected by the surroundings. Adding a tree or two would be nice, or simply extending the grass more organically to the water edges. Despite these ''negative'' comments, I really like it. Thanks for sharing.

Saw this over on LEGO Ideas the just other day, it's a very well formatted creation that also works quite well as a project too! Best of luck to you in the hopes that it may reach 10K supporters! :thumbup: :classic:

I've seen this on Lego Ideas too and given it my support. It looks great. The trees and sloped roof are very striking. Good luck with your project. :classic:

10 hours ago, paupadros said:

Very cosy cottage! The colours are pretty and blend nicely with the grassy atmosphere it's surrounded by. I really really like the angle you've put the roof in, it gives it a modern look to an otherwise very traditional home. The dock is very nice and simple and really like the seats you've made using the car raisers (I rememember playing with those so much wiht those Racers sets back in the day. The only area I believe isn't as well solved is the lake. How the underwater changes colour is great but trans green makes it look too similar to the grass. Also, the rocks are a bit tiny. This is anyway a great MOC!

PD: How come you've committed minifigcide just to use one of their poor little hands for a mailbox opener:head_back:

Thank You @paupadrosfor this feedback, i'm glad you like it. 

Regarding the similarity between the water and the grass. Yes, the colours are similar but a part of this effect is caused by the pictures. I'm not a photographer :blush:

About the mailbox. No minifig was mistreated during the construction of this MOC :laugh_hard:. I've only tried to build a classic american mailbox. The minifig hand tries to represent the small flag that is on the boxes.

7 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

The cottage itself is very interesting. It looks like an oldtraditional wooden cottage on the outside, but is furnished in a modern style. I'm not a fan of the window panes, so I'd prefer to have a glass installed. It would also match better with the ground floor large windows. The interior looks nice, specially the glass coffe tables, but the quality of the pictures doesn't do it justice. Have you tried different camera settings to remove the yellow hue and over-exposure?

The lake looks a bit odd with the green water. The color is often reflected by the surroundings. Adding a tree or two would be nice, or simply extending the grass more organically to the water edges. Despite these ''negative'' comments, I really like it. Thanks for sharing.

Thank You @Redhead1982 for this constructive feedback.

About the windows. Probably you're right, but I wanted to keep panes just to make it look more classic and not too modern.

Yes, I'm not a photographer at all. I've take pictures with my phone and my room is really dark. The only thing i've done is to high the exposure to make them more lighter. but I saw that the result is not the best.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Saw this over on LEGO Ideas the just other day, it's a very well formatted creation that also works quite well as a project too! Best of luck to you in the hopes that it may reach 10K supporters! :thumbup: :classic:

Thank You @Digger of Bricks, I'm glad You like it. 

5 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I've seen this on Lego Ideas too and given it my support. It looks great. The trees and sloped roof are very striking. Good luck with your project. :classic:

Thank You @Bricked1980 for support and feedback. 

The trees are very simple. I decided to do so because in addition to keeping the number of pieces low, they are easily transportable.

And I noticed that the sand blue roof is one of the parts that most people like. 

Thank you.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:35 PM, vedosololego said:

Yes, I'm not a photographer at all. I've take pictures with my phone and my room is really dark. The only thing i've done is to high the exposure to make them more lighter. but I saw that the result is not the best.

If you're interested, you can learn more about (LEGO) photography in the Reviewers Academy. There's a thread on LEGO phoLEGO photography, written very plainly and informatively. I learned a lot just by reading (and then trying out different options). Afterall MOCs deserve to be presented in the best possible way.

On 6/26/2018 at 4:52 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I see that it's now been featured over on the blog ArchBrick:classic:

ArchBrick - Lakeside Cottage 

Fantastic, I didn't know this blog. Thank you @Digger of Bricks

4 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

If you're interested, you can learn more about (LEGO) photography in the Reviewers Academy. There's a thread on LEGO phoLEGO photography, written very plainly and informatively. I learned a lot just by reading (and then trying out different options). Afterall MOCs deserve to be presented in the best possible way.

Thanks @Redhead1982 for this advice, I will go to study definitely.

5 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

What a beautiful work!

The lake effect with tiles and green color looks great! :wub:

The internal details are the icing on the cake!:thumbup:

Thank you @LEGO Train 12 Volts my friend. I’m really glad you like it. I think you don’t see trans green everyday like trans blue. It’s a little bit different :classic:

Fantastic looking cottage!! Love the way you've designed the modern interior (especially the kitchen) and all the little details really bring the scene to life (the "nest" is an excellent use of parts!!) The only thing I'm not sold on is the green water... I don't think it stands out enough from the land but that's just me nit-picking!!

Anyway, awesome work (my minifigs would like to book it for a week or 2!!) :laugh:

On 7/1/2018 at 11:46 PM, greg3 said:

Fantastic looking cottage!! Love the way you've designed the modern interior (especially the kitchen) and all the little details really bring the scene to life (the "nest" is an excellent use of parts!!) The only thing I'm not sold on is the green water... I don't think it stands out enough from the land but that's just me nit-picking!!

Anyway, awesome work (my minifigs would like to book it for a week or 2!!) :laugh:

Thank you @greg3 for feedback. Your minifigs are always welcome here.

Regarding the water. I’m thinking about an update. But I don’t want to change the color of the water because I love it. I think i’ll Change the color of the land, probably in dark-tan or brown.

I will post some pictures when I’ll be ready