Hello all together!

A month ago I promised a freind of mine that I would build something for the Orient Expedition Contest over on Roguebricks. So I did! And I also wanted to share it with you all here on Eurobricks too:

After Johnny Thunder and his friends had arrived in India, they were just on their way into the enchanted jungle. As a journalist, Pippin, beside the search for the treasure of Marco Polo, also wanted to take pictures of the flora and fauna with their new Camera to present them after their return to Europe. Dr. Kilroy instead wanted not only cinematographic but living examples, especially of rare butterflies. 
Their companion was Babloo, a young Indian. He knew all the jungle and the overgrown paths in it. So the four friends along with Pippins dog "Indi" and Babloos monkeys started their adventure.
The group had to stop at a beautiful idyllic waterfall. Puppin sets up her camera and Dr. Kilroy climbed with Babloo's help, loaded with boxes and bags full of specimens and equipment to the top of the Waterfall to catch butterflies and dragonflies.
But suddenly a noise broke through the air. It was the shouting of monkeys who had snatched Pippin's camera and taken it to the tops of the trees. Pippin and Johnny Thunder started to laugh because of the absurdity of the spectacle.
Babloo just headed downhill to help his new friends, as he discovered something that let him freeze:
He spotted the evil guards of the Scorpion Palace on the other side of the waterfall. Worse, it was obvious that it they had discovered Johnny and Pippin. One of the guards was already aiming his rifle towards Johnny and luckily the path of the bullet was blocked by a tree hanging over the waterfall.
Farther up, at the top of the waterfall, the situation became dramatic too. The boat of Maharaja Lallu was nearly falling down the waterfall, but was kept in place by one of the guards on the shore. The shake on landing woke up Lord Sinister in the back of the boat. He was waking up from his nap and could not believe his eyes. There, on the other bank standing on a stone was Dr. Kilroy. Lord Sinister pulled himself up and quickly pulled his revolver but could not concentrate on aiming because Maharaja Lallu was cursing annoyingly.
How will our heroes escape these dangerous situations?

29113934338_4819501a1d_b.jpg

42267822354_b4412f26de_b.jpg

42267825824_00b25d29be_b.jpg

(Sadly I only have my mobile here to take pictures so the quali is not that great...)

Inspired by Mark of Falworth - The Temple of the Twin Jaguars

Also bonus pics of the figures:

42641239332_7c120b3936_b.jpg

42690474451_a5e3d8c74b_b.jpg

I hope you enjoy what you see.

Best
 Skalldyr

Oh my word this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it, I love to see Johnny Thunder MOCs. 

More in depth reply once I am back from work.

7 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Oh my word this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it, I love to see Johnny Thunder MOCs. 

More in depth reply once I am back from work.

Thank you! Also for the frontpage :blush: I am happy you like it. I really love Johnny Thunder and hopefully I can build some more Mocs in that theme in the future.

Cool build! I really like the way you posed the figs & composed the shot in the last image, gives it a great dynamic feel!

I saw the competition over at Roguebricks and was tempted to have a go at Temple of Mount Everest, but not enough time unfortunately.

Very nice, i dont care much for the minifigures, but i will admit thats mostly me being nostalgic to the classic yellow minifigures, but the rest is stunning. I love your plant work, it looks fantastic, and so does the water (love little details like the crocodile in the water and the shallow/deeper water effect  ) you really did a fantastic job with the scenery.

51 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

Cool build! I really like the way you posed the figs & composed the shot in the last image, gives it a great dynamic feel!

I saw the competition over at Roguebricks and was tempted to have a go at Temple of Mount Everest, but not enough time unfortunately.

Thank you very much! And too bad you did not build the Mount Everest Temple. Knowing your building skills back from Billund it would have been awesome!

52 minutes ago, CIS Droid said:

I love your plant work, it looks fantastic, and so does the water (love little details like the crocodile in the water and the shallow/deeper water effect  ) you really did a fantastic job with the scenery.

Thanks! I used an old Paradisa baseplate and it worked really well I think!

Really nice job! Overlaying the Paradisa baseplate with this tiles is a very neat found indeed!!!  

This is amazing. I can feel the adventure!

I miss Johnny Thunder too. :cry_happy:

@Skalldyr

Your jungle and figures are top notch!  Several years ago, I made a tabletop jungle for Indie and his friends combining sets from a few themes and as much green as I had at the time.  Really enjoyed adding more jungle as I went along.  Love your diorama reminding me of the fun I had with my own.  Well done!

5221022826_422f1518ca_b.jpg

LEGO Jungle Adventure (large) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Again, thank you all! I see Johnny Thunder is missed by a lot of people... oh the sweet nostalgia  :wub:

@WesternOutlaw Awesome idea to combine Indiana Jones and adventurers. That ship in the middle is one of my favorite Johnny Thunder sets that I own!

Thanks again guys! I am glad you like it :classic:

On 6/29/2018 at 8:15 AM, mechamike said:

Nice one, and some excellent minifigs you put together for the scene!

Thanks mate! Sadly I did not include a hypno-tree...:grin: