Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

[OL - Era II, Challenge II CatA] - Kahlua No's food shack

After the grave news of the incident at Ile d' Or reached Breshaun, Hugo D' Offren volunteered to investigate the situation for it was much too dangerous to be left at the hands of the island's militia. The fact that the governor of Ile d' Or was his friend, helped of course. So now we find Hugo and a handful of his trusted company men talking to one of the native refuges that flocked this island's main city after the incident and opened a shop there. Kahlua No was an excellent cook and along with his son, Vod Ka, found a peaceful corner of the settlement and opened up a food shack that served grilled fish and lobster soups (also lobster spaghetti on Sundays). It is with him that Hugo speaks now to find out more clues so as to plan his next moves.

Beware Mainlander for the Archipelago isn't for the weak of body and spirit! A long forgotten dark force looms In our deep jungle. It is best to start your quest from our recently abandoned settlement by the Bay of Guiscard as you Oleanders call it; for us it will always be the Bay of Pearls. Starting from there it will give you an easy way out should things go wrong. Oh, and bring many muskets. Many many muskets. And silver bullets. You will need them... 

After his small speech that strangely made him look like a hundred years old, a tear appeared in one of Kahlua No's eyes as he turned his back on Hugo and continue attending to his food.

42935254792_5185db6677_c.jpg

42984669241_2f9417a43e_c.jpg

28116412487_4d4d9088c3_c.jpg

28116451377_09fb16aef5_c.jpg

At the above meeting, one of the vital members of Hugo's company, Tom "Juggernaught" Jones (you've met him and loved him at "In the jungle searching for Pirate lord's hidden gold mine") isn't appearing as he was sent to buy himself some nice flintlocks. But fear not, as you will see him at the next chapters of our story...

Edited by blackdeathgr

I like the food stand, a good place to start an investigation. The palm leaves fit well to this tropical themed build.

I love the barbecue (world is btw deriving from native Caribbean) so it fits perfectly. I like the islanders vibe. Look forward to the rest of the adventure

Wow, that was quick! Nice little scene BD, I like the leaves as the roof, it's difficult to arrange them to look right and you've done it well here! I like the details of the BBQ and cooking pot. Great entry and I look forward to following the story.

On 6/25/2018 at 3:23 PM, Bodi said:

I like the food stand, a good place to start an investigation. The palm leaves fit well to this tropical themed build.

Thanks Bodi! Old palm trees are the best (although tricky to handle in a roof)!

On 6/25/2018 at 6:28 PM, Fraunces said:

I love the barbecue (world is btw deriving from native Caribbean) so it fits perfectly. I like the islanders vibe. Look forward to the rest of the adventure

Thanks Fraunces! It is true that the bbq word derives from native  Caribbeans :thumbup: Islanders are the underdog in the old pirates series and I sincerely hope that they reintroduce them someday!

8 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Wow, that was quick! Nice little scene BD, I like the leaves as the roof, it's difficult to arrange them to look right and you've done it well here! I like the details of the BBQ and cooking pot. Great entry and I look forward to following the story.

Thanks Ayrlego! I am glad that you liked my take on this challenge. I had to be fast while I still have LEGO time :tongue: . Old palm leaves are great although tricky to incorporate as I've written above. I also used some of my ancient semi-destroyed big palm leaves that can be seen without the two studs on their rear. Fun fact: BBQ is actually some pieces of tank track :tongue: