paostmo

MOC Budd's Bakery

Love Love the cannabis dispensary

- the pilar's of the bakery are looking great

Great Work!

Greetings

Wait, is that a cannabis greenhouse in the back of the bakery as well? I guess we know what kind of baked goods are sold at Budd's. :laugh:

I know this is called Budd's Bakery, but the standout piece here is the dispensary. I love the use of the giant palm leaf for a marijuana leaf sign, as well as the Rastafarian motif throughout the building. There's some clever parts usage in the module. Great stuff! :thumbup:

I would like to comment on the architecture alone, but I can't. When I read "cannabis dispensary", my brain just went... :hmpf: What? In fact, TLG received a complaint from a parent saying why were they making marijuana leaves in children sets (in the Battle on Scariff set, to be precise) :laugh:. The rasta motifs are pretty great as well, but poor bakery, their bread is gonna be herb-infused (some friend I knew lived atop one of these cannabi places, the smell was really unbearable!). As for the architecture itself, I really like the roof part on top the "Budd's Bakery" signage, which is very simple, but extremely effective using just crates and pyramids!

PD: Really like the hippie laughing as if mad on the street. Very cool build!

This is awesome! :laugh: It really made me smile! Nice how you applied the rasta colours to the build. That doesn't lea(f)es any doubts about its purpose from the outside:wink:. Well-made interior too. Especially the bakery looks really inviting. And in combination with the cannabis, a foolproof business idea! :laugh:

I also really like the crazy dressed Minifigs. That's just the right people for a place like that. 

I maybe would have put the bakery downstairs and the canna growing upstairs though, which seems more logic to me. But the visual impact is bigger as it is now. Anyway. Great and superfunny MOC! :thumbup: