When the 'So long for sunny days'-challenge on Lowlug was announced, I immediately thought about combining LEGO's currently most populair theme with a slew of sets that, in the Netherlands at least, are being sold on the secondhand market for less than a few cents and thus wasn't so popular after all by the majority. A combination Brickheadz-Bionicle, so to speak. As soon as I got that idea down, I remembered an old promotional video from 2001 that had the Toa Mata Tahu surfing over lava and molten rocks inside a volcano, which I wanted to recreate. So I grabbed some bricks, order a lot of trans-orange parts from Bricklink and after 2 months of building, I now proudly present my MOC:

Afbeelding

Because I had to combine Bionicle with Brickheadz, the official head of Tahu had to be replaced by a brickbuild Brickheadz-ified version. And as cherry on top, I constructed a fitting mask that is only attached to the head by 1 stud.

Afbeelding

And of course I wanted the lava, just like in the real world, to glow. Fortunately I could borrow 50 trans-orange Light Stax 2x4 bricks from a fellow Lowlug-member, all of which I built into this model. And let me say, in real life, the lighting effects are even more astounding.

Afbeelding

You can view a full set of photos of this moc on my Brickshelf.
And don't forget to like and share this MOC on Facebook.

If they make BIONICLE Brickheadz as a thing, I am broke. This is so cute and clever and awesome, and that last shot of the lava lighting is just GORGEOUS! Replace the Brickhead with Tahu's normal face, and this is a normal but awesome display for him! The touch of having the mask be separate from the head is brilliant, that's awesome. The one thing I'd recommend is to replace his red eyes with pink ones, for accuracy... but otherwise, great work!