Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR June FB2] RSND Headquarters, Jameston

One of the first tasks of the newly formed Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery was to establish an initial base of operations. Much thought went into where to locate the administrative headquarters of the Society. Arlinsport, the traditional Corlander gateway to Terra Nova was considered, but was determined to be much to far from starting points for expeditions of discovery. Likewise, King's Harbour too was rejected. Port Woodhouse was a serious contender, located in the Paradise Isles in the East Prio Sea it was far enough east, however it was decided that the small military settlement did not yet have the facilities needed to stage a long expedition of discovery. Thus the Society has decided to initially establish itself in the most easterly Corlander settlement in Terra Nova, Jameston. The colonial authorities in Jameston were only to happy to assist, and Colonial Governor Colonel Sir Dirk Allcock authorised the settlement to turn over an almost complete administrative building to the society. This building, built merging classical Oleon architecture with a distinctively Corrish touch, is now complete and ready for the Society to move in. As members of the society converge on Jameston, the building will come to life organising the first expedition of discovery for the society. For now, it remains empty, guarded by two marines who wait for the new owners to arrive. 

28090224647_a27911a510_b.jpg

A headquarters for the RSNP. I would have liked to have built in real bricks, but to give the headquarters the grandeur I think it deserves I needed to use LDD. The windows are of course copied from Gideon's Palais Royal build. We (the RSNP) hope to flesh out the headquarters with some interior scenes at later dates in real bricks, but for now this will be licensed by the Society as a large commerce and will serve as the society's 'Headquarters' build requirement for owning ships.

A splendid build Ayrlego! I really like the front façade of the building and it is definitely a worthy structure for the RSND HQ! We will have to thank the Governor when we arrive for his generosity!

Excellent build! It's truly befitting the RSND!

It would have been nice to see the whole building, as it is now you can easily think it's just the facad.

And what pieces did you use for the plants?

Excellent build, and befitting of a Royal Society!

Keeping the interior "open" for the future is a good idea. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Flavius Gratian said:

It would have been nice to see the whole building, as it is now you can easily think it's just the facad.

If you look closely on the right side, you can see that there is a complete building behind the facade.

1 hour ago, Flavius Gratian said:

And what pieces did you use for the plants?

This piece in green.

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

If you look closely on the right side, you can see that there is a complete building behind the facade.

Yes, I did see it, it's just that it's easy to miss.

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Thanks! I don't think I've seen that piece before. It's quite a few years since I bought any new lego sets.

There is a first scene taking place inside the building, as can be seen over here:

w3VmaT5.jpg

Spoiler

HbSHGpU.jpg

MvThEYt.jpg

Since there was only the window design to be copied (with ornamentations on the outside only in this case...), I had great freedom with the design for the interior. I think it worked out well enough, and hope to do some more of these builds for the HQ in the future.