Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

The Eltina Courrier - June 618

34922255645_13133e1cf1_z.jpg

June 618

"More than just fake news!"

Excitement continues on the Brick Seas as various adventurers continue to explore the world, new and old. We here at the Eltina Courier bring you a sample of what's happening on the Brick Seas, for only half a Db!

Bastion is Busy!

Corrish Warships, Eslandolan Warships, and a lot of pirates have found their way to Bastion recently, and just before the World Football cup! Will peace be brought with some good old ball kicking, or will this be the final spark to a powder keg?

Terraversa is getting crowded!

Our sources inform us a new ambassador to Esl is in the works.  A dock worker informs us that he overheard Guilder discussing plans for the ambassadors arrival in Kings Port.  The Capitan of the Valiant Phoenix was seen toting a large packet with an official seal.  But the plot thickens as an unknown man made quite the show as narrowly lept from the dock landing on the phoenix's decks.  We will keep you updated.

Dialogue of the blinds!

Thaddeus Calvo's expedition reached its goal only to find the island inhabited by blind but not deaf natives. A subtle dialogue is about to arose. Now the choice is clear :  a tap dance or let the bullets do the talking. Whatever the choice, we're listening alright.

Andromeda to Altonia!

Professor Thaum's hunt for the mysterious "Red Oktober" took another turn as the item was salvaged by Altonians, and taken to the capital of the Kingdom of Windmills, Ulric. With new studding sails installed, and instruments to explore both sky and sea, the Andromeda might be the best equipped ship on the brick seas. But will this be enough to reach their goal?

Mesabi at the gates!

According to our sources, Count Mesabi has reached the mysterious and far off southern kingdom of Kemblar, but is now trapped outside the gates. As the Count has packed a large collection of explosives, it can be presumed he might blow up the walls potentially sparking a war between the far off kingdom and Corrington

WTC off the gates!

According to sources, the Cranky Parrot has reached far off northern seas. The instruction of the Count were clear "Join us to reinforce" . As the Cranky Parrot's crew has packet a large collection of booze, it can be presumed that the Count's instructions will be followed to the letter. Sure after a whaling interlude, will the Cranky Parrots ends its round the world trip southbound and down.

More Terraversan Drama!

The RNTC adventures in Terraversa continue to become more complicated and they seem to be faced with a choice of who should control Terraversa. As Eslandola sails quickly towards the isle, they might find their own options complicated. Damaximous leaves Tendorn!The Prince of Stedor has reportedly left the island nation of Tendorn, and is now sailing into Loti waters. Our sources report the waters are heavily patrolled for Madrician vessels, So we can only expect that he might meet a patrol. How he reacts is another question.

Pirate Hunt Nears Conclusion!

The Hunt for the Red Rascal Pirates nears its conclusion, as the location of the Red Rascal Pirate Hideout has been located. As the WTC prepares to assault the fortress, we can only expect the conclusion will involve a ton of explosives and shenanigans! 

WTCM: Fact or Fiction?

The WTC Monthly continues to be fiction according to our sources. Not only does it provide fake news, but it also posts terrible recipes. 'I burned my house down making that spicy tortilla thing!' said a poor reader of the magazine. 'Now I live in the outhouse!' We can only hope the mad fiend Drunknok starts publishing real news and better recipes.

This edition of the Eltina Courrier brought to you by the WTC- Corrington's best trading company after the ETTC. W.T.C. Your solution to chaos.

Thanks to @Professor Thaum and @Roadmonkeytj for help writing this.

Looking to help out with the next round of AMCRA writing? PM @Legostone or @Bregir

A report on the AMRCAs was dearly needed. Great issue of the Courier! :thumbup:

Transferred you a whole DB for two copies of the Eltina Courier June 618. I mean serious and trustworthy reporters should be paid after all :tongue: :laugh:

Great to see this one back in action! NIce writing too. One objection though...

13 hours ago, Mesabi said:

WTCM: Fact or Fiction?

The WTC Monthly continues to be fiction according to our sources. Not only does it provide fake news, but it also posts terrible recipes. 'I burned my house down making that spicy tortilla thing!' said a poor reader of the magazine. 'Now I live in the outhouse!' We can only hope the mad fiend Drunknok starts publishing real news and better recipes.

:angry::thumbdown:

This is wrong on all accounts! Never has the "WTC Monthly" provided factually false information - outside of two issues that were obvious comedy - and all its recipes were tested by a competent cook (myself).

Calling out "fake news" only puts you in one line with certain orange utans. Burning down your house is... well, bad luck? How about not doing it again next time? :tongue:

The WTCM hopes to never read accusations like the ones above. Please note: lawyers from the WTC are the best in the Brick  Seas. Beware of legal action!

11 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

The WTCM hopes to never read accusations like the ones above. Please note: lawyers from the WTC are the best in the Brick  Seas. Beware of legal action!

But the Eltina Courier has been brought to us by the WTC? Are you planning to sue yourself?

10 minutes ago, Lord Buckethead said:

But the Eltina Courier has been brought to us by the WTC? Are you planning to sue yourself?

Sponsorship is not the same as being responsible for the content. :wink:

I do have to speak a word or two with @Mesabi for this unfortunate misstep though...