merman

Issue with 10261 Roller Coaster

So when the set was on the table in my living room it worked like a charm. I moved it to my bedroom and all of a sudden there is an issue with the upwards ramp. At first the chain started to make a rattling sound and alhough I had counted the pieces of the chainlink, I could easily remove one piece. The noise stopped but I also noticed that the track pieces have less clutch power than regular pieces. Whenever I press one of the pieces into place, tension causes other pieces to let go. I went through the instructions to see if I had a plate too much or too little, but all seems okay. 

Then the rattling noise occured again and I could easily remove yet another track piece. Do these chainlink pieces become looser in time? And does it go THAT quickly? Anyone else having problems with the track pieces, even causing the carts to derail?

Edited by merman

With such a big build it's easy to overlook on a tiny detail that causes the problem, perhaps you can read the instructions and/or do a bit of reverse engineering/building to find the solution. 

If that doesn't solve it, maybe it's just because it needs to be on the livingroom table, and not in your bedroom :pir-laugh:

My guess would be that some part of it bent and got loose during transport. It's not the easiest set to move, or so I understood. The support structure has many rectangles that can deform into parallelograms, and only a few triangles (which are rigid). So maybe a support beam got disconnected and it's not perfectly straight anymore?

Edited by Erik Leppen