Sign in to follow this  
Perterz

Olivia’s Get-Away

‘As the world is modernising; cosy villages turn into busy cities, coins replacing trade markets, the rich taking control over the poor.. Olivia likes to be on her own and wants to escape the harsh reality she living in.

Sealed from society deep into the woods, she lives in a weathered cottage doing what she does best, magic. She’s a witch and doesn’t fit in with the general population anyway.’

Olivia’s Get-Away is a MOC I really enjoyed building, it uses most of my favorite colors.

It features an Olive Green cottage with a shed situated on a rather dark yet colorful landscape, which perfectly fits the personality of the featured character of the MOC.

Details like the overal weathered look, animals, flowers, brick build trees, accessoires at the back of the house make this build come to live. Even as a display piece, there’s always something new to discover.

Not included in the MOC is a fully detailed interior. A small table, chair, sewing machine, fire place, even a laboratory to experiment with herbs could be included in an updated version.

Thank you for looking at my MOC. I hope you like it as much as I do. If you do, please support me and spread the word. Thank you.

9C709A5C-6F9E-4B0B-8627-773FA63E6186.jpe

7C4121EE-6B66-4250-9315-D50FF1D58A0A.jpe

F5C3CC4F-31F3-4504-95AC-4760E1BD89BF.jpe

Now on LEGO Ideas

More on Flickr

Edited by Perterz

That's a lovely little house!

Great combination of colours in the landscape and flowers. Don't think I've seen an olive house before but it fits perfectly in the setting here

The pairing of Olive Green and Earth Blue for the house is what makes this creation for me, not to mention that the Dark Orange accenting upon the surrounding earth adds a nice touch. :thumbup: :classic:

Love the landscaping especially the flowers, rockwork, and coloring of the ground itself. I also like your trees.  I like the house the colors work well together and the texturing of the house is very nice.  I like all the little details too.  The wheel on the side of the house, the canopy above the door, the pumpkin, the rail, all give the scene something extra.  Great job.  

Super cool use of olive green! The house is superb with the crumbling stone and roof textures :thumbup: I also really like how you used cones under the flowers, gives a much more unique appearance than just using the flower elements by themselves.

You should consider joining Guilds of Historica, Book III will be starting soon which makes a great time for new builders to join, and your epic castle creations would fit in perfectly :classic:

Thank you all for these kind words, very appreciated it also motivates to create more MOCs in this genre!

@soccerkid6Thanks! Your MOCs & tutorials are very good, great to see you’re putting in so much effort in the community! Very inspiring!

I’m interested to join Guilds Of Historica, first I’ve still alot to read about it, going through all the info at the moment ?

Great build! I especially love the roof and even more so the chimney!

Yesterday I crossed the 100 votes mark!

Thank you for your support, please continue to do so! Very appreciated!

What a great MOC! I just love the color scheme of the whole MOC, the flowers and the trees! :wub: The cottage itself is really well done too, I especially love the roof and the texturing. Keep the amazing work up! :classic: :thumbup:

On 11/4/2018 at 1:39 PM, LegoModularFan said:

What a great MOC! I just love the color scheme of the whole MOC, the flowers and the trees! :wub: The cottage itself is really well done too, I especially love the roof and the texturing. Keep the amazing work up! :classic: :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your input!

Currently I’m redesigning the entire MOC especially for LEGO Ideas.. Including an interior, liftable roof and easy access to the interior so kids could actually play with it!