Ross Fisher

[OL - FB/Intro/SigFig] Padre Jules François

28071652137_7757a11e5e_z.jpg

Padre Jules François - BoBS SigFig by Ross Fisher, on Flickr

Padre Jules François (centre) lands on the shores of the Isle d'Or, ready to root out heresy and burn savages in the name of the Order. Huzzah! The Padre's early life was that of many common clergymen; the younger son of a minor family, he was packed off to a monastery to learn his trade. However, unlike other young initiates into the Order of the Faith, François developed a knack for uncovering secrets that soon got him noticed by the Temple of Hades. Inducted into their ranks, it wasn't long before he was turning heads across the order. Many fear him, some believe they can use him. What remains to be seen is, is the Padre truly pusuing his tyrannical crusade against heretics because of a holy calling, or is there some more devious purpose driving him?

Monsieur Gallo (left) is the Padre's able notary, keeping records of interrogations, files on the personal conduct of notable individuals upon the brick seas, and all the proper documentation that a heretic burning requires. He lost an eye in the service of his patron when a particularly resistant subject broke free from her restraints. However, the pension he received in compensation more than made up for the loss.

Merde the Murderer (right) is the Padre's able bodyguard and muscleman. Formerly a penal legionnaire imprisoned for garotting his superior officer, Merde has "seen the light" of the Order of the Faith, and has been released into the Padre's custody.

Edited by Ross Fisher
Tweaking title

@Bregir Please forgive my incompetence. I'm really struggling to find the June/July free build registration form. I can only find the out-of-date one from last year. Do you have a link?

1 minute ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Bregir Please forgive my incompetence. I'm really struggling to find the June/July free build registration form. I can only find the out-of-date one from last year. Do you have a link?

No worries - It can be a bit overwhelming, we know! :)

There are no longer any requirement for using the freebuild thread as these things have been automated.

Instead, go to the Master Index and find the build submittal form. And then just fill in the form. :)

Welcome to BoBS Ross! That's a lovely introduction scene and story - I especially like the combo you have used for your sig-fig! The anchor on the boat using the axe head is a great little detail and a part use I haven't seen before. Great job, I look forward to following your stories.

Yes that's a great introduction built

I assume you play for Oleon with such a SigFig...

In this case, I must inform you that "Merde" in french ( and so in Oleon language) stands for "shit" or "poo"

That a pretty nice name for a bodyguard :thumbup:

Welcome to BoBs

Edited by Professor Thaum

Guest Ross Fisher
12 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

I must inform you that "Merde" in french ( and so in Oleon language) stands for "shit" or "poo".

Oh, @Professor Thaum, I know!

@Ayrlego I can't take credit. I got the idea from this build: 

Pirates...

You could easily miss it, though. It's on the larboard now.

@Spud The Viking Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome to the Bobs, and to Oleon, the best faction.:grin: Very nice intro, and I really like your characters, can't wait to see more.

Welcome to BoBS!

Fantastic to finally see Oleon live up to it's fanaticism! Your chatacters really capture the essence of the Inquisition; you wouldn't want to meet either of them on a dark night.

Very new here, but BoBS looked so shiny I just had to touch it..

I also joined Eurobricks specifically for BoBS, so we seem to be of similar mind. It can be overwealming at first but with some reading (and re-reading) of the rules you'll get on track. Also, everybody here is really helpful so just ask whenever you have a question.

Looking forward to see your story!

12 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

@LM71Blackbird Are you sure?

Lol! The real question is... Are you sure? *huh* You know what a ship of the line is? I may have built some... :excited:

You are very welcome! We're a fun bunch here!

11 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

You know what a ship of the line is?

@LM71Blackbird you know what a fireship is? I've been allocated funds for a vessel by the council and I remembered that the best defence is to set the seas and everthing on them aflame...

I'm going to like it here.

Edited by Ross Fisher

58 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

one broadside from my third rate ship will render your measily fireship to driftwood! 

@LM71Blackbird Flaming driftwood! Inexorably drifting towards you!

Welcome aboard! With such an excellent sigfig and builds, I believe you will fit in right away! Kudos on the anchor btw!

Oh, and I totally forgot! You joined the BEST faction around! :tongue: 

Vive le Roi!

@blackdeathgr Thanks for the welcome! As mentioned above, I can't take credit for the anchor, but I appreciate the sentiment. 

8 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

Vive le Roi!

Indeed.

On a general note, as one of the representatives of the Order of the Faith in New Terra, please feel free to contact me about collab/team builds, particularly if they involve religion (looking at you @gedren_y). Also, if you need a trial judge, I am up for that. Particularly if I get to burn heretics as a result...

Welcome to BoBS, mate! - excellent little intro build, the waves in the background work very well :thumbup:  Great intro, and I await where you'll be going with this story!  Glad to be of inspiration, too!  (I was actually busy rebuilding that very ship this morning :laugh:)