I've gone through and added every standard decoration currently available in LDD to separate torsos and heads, in order of how they are in the decoration menu.

The best way I've found to use these, is to grab which ones you want, separate them from the rest, select them all and Ctrl-C to copy. While LDD is open, it will remember what you have copied into the clipboard. Open your current project and Ctrl-V to paste in your desired pieces. Or you can simply press Ctrl-I (that's "i") and import the decorations files as a whole. This import method might cause some lag or crashing on weaker systems though, as you will be pasting over 300 pieces into your current project. If you are copying an existing official LEGO set, then it's better to look at the instructions, and use the former method to grab what you need beforehand. Just personal experience from using LDD for years.

Torsos:

Spoiler

kev_s_decorated_torsos_by_kevinflemming1

Link to shared file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/d9c95cbs3uyj5x6/Kev%27s_Decorated_Torsos.lxf

Some of the backs have been done, but not all. To be honest, I'm burnt-out after doing 340 of the buggers lol. Not all colour schemes are 100% correct, as most are from memory, and I'm not going to look through over 300 torsos to find the right colours. But fear not, friends. Ones that don't have the correct colours have been painted logically (dark decal has a lighter torso, and vice versa) to make them relatively-easy to find.

Heads - Updated (22/06/18):

Spoiler

kev_s_decorated_heads___updated_by_kevin

Link to shared file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8e8u88mc1h1618y/Kev's+Decorated+Heads+-+Updated.lxf

Update: I've now sorted the heads into a couple of categories. From top to bottom of screenshot: Back of head decals, Female decals, Male decals, and Monster type decals.

Hope you find these useful. Anything beats the awful menu that has a mind of it's own, right?

Edited by Kevin Flemming
Added head update.

12 hours ago, swijak said:

Thanks Kev! This is awesome! This is really helpful!

You're welcome. :wink:

Might tackle the faces today. I'll just add them here, instead of clutter the place up with multiple topics.

Hi Kevin, thanks for your contribution.

About hosting the lxf files, I suggest you to use a LEGO related hosting such as brickshelf or bricksafe, that are affordable reliable and allow to host both images and lxf files and share that with hotlink. Both are very used here.

Maybe there is a proper topic for decorations, take a look at the Section Index.

Edited by Calabar

14 minutes ago, Calabar said:

Hi Kevin, thanks for your contribution.

About hosting the lxf files, I suggest you to use a LEGO related hosting such as brickshelf or bricksafe, that are affordable and allow to host both images and lxf files and share that with hotlink. Both are very used here.

Maybe there is a proper topic for decorations, take a look at the Section Index.

Thank you, but I'd rather not sign up to even more sites, I'm afraid. I already have far too many things that I rarely use (such as this site lol) and all of those have access to my personal details, such as e-mail and so on. With how much spam I receive on a weekly basis, I'd prefer not to exacerbate the situation further by passing more details out to sites I don't know or trust. My block filter list is getting rather full. Affordable? I'm not looking to spend money on hosting either, with the two perfectly-capable free and useful sites I currently use. Hope you understand my reasoning. :classic:

I did look but it was just simpler to post a separate topic in the LDD general page. Feel free to remove this if it's violating any rules or such (if you have the authority).

@Kevin Flemming

It is your choice where to host files (except in particular situations such as in the LDD Official Sets topic, for example, where some requisites are needed), I suggested brickshelf or bricksafe essentially for two reasons: they ensured a long time presence for the files in the forum (many dropbox, mediafire, etc... links has been lost in time, with users asking us if someone have saved a certain file and can provide it, while for example bricksehlf links are still there after fifty fifteen years!) and they are lego-related hostings, that means that they are thought to provide all the feature useful for a LEGO user (for example stable hotlinks!), cannot be used as "trash can" (brickshelf for example is moderated and not lego related files removed). And, obviously, both are completely free (sorry I used the wrong word, not affordable but reliable, I mean).
Note that these are not modern services that gather data and spread SPAM, these are services created from LEGO fans for LEGO fans. I cannot guarantee, obviously, but I can say I never received a SPAM mail from these services.
Anyway, as I told before, it is your choice.

About creating a separate topic, it is common politic to use an exiting "general topic" if available and still active. It should be the poster that should search and post properly, otherwise he/she should contact moderators and decide with them the better strategy. :classic:  (especially when we are dealing with a general interest topic like this one)

Edited by Calabar
maybe I needed to fix something in the post! :D

9 minutes ago, Calabar said:

bricksehlf links are still there after fifty years!

Er, twenty years will be enough :laugh:

3 hours ago, Calabar said:

It is your...

...like this one)

Ah, okay. That makes more sense for them to be reliable.

Well I'll leave them where they are, for the time being and if I happen to notice any issues, I'll definitely consider making the switch. Most "lost" files tend to be users removing files themselves, the files are against the ToS (i.e. illegal copies of things, or indecent material), or simply users cancelling accounts. I've had this MediaFire account for a few years now and never deleted anything I've posted for forum use. In fact, I don't think I've ever removed a single file from there at all (should see what I have there, to be honest lol). But you never know with these things. Still, at least there are two alternatives, so thank you for those. I've bookmarked them, should the need arise.

So should this be somewhere else, or not? I'm still none the wiser, with what you've said. :laugh: