I redesigned the internals since the first version was quite messy. Much like me being unable to build outside-in, I can't build from up (right under the banana) to down either. So while having the 1.0 guts as reference I got to make a more efficient 2.0 that doesn't move while turned on (can see it moving forwards on the table in the 1.0 video) and has room for a big battery box now that is easy to remove (as was my original intention).

Some minor tweaks to the banana itself while making a LDD, the rear of its head is now half a stud higher (caused a collison in LDD that I didn't notice on the panels in real life) and for a more rigid base, moved the legs half stud out. Main changes are here though:

8595791d5bffe514803776123ccbdf6b.jpg

Fun fact: the banana alone is about 260 parts in LDD *huh*

Ye, but it's only the banana at the moment, so give me some time to finish it.

Wow, that's awesome! :grin:  Definitely something fresh for Technic amongst all the vehicles.

May I ask if you plan doing instructions?

Thanks and nope, just LDD.

Edited by Appie

Sure, there's one speed up left with minimal effort in the same space: 2x24T gear where there's 12T and 36T now visible in the bottom shot. I personally don't like it that fast since this is already as fast as I like it. Faster and it would be barely visible in the arm movement (it's close to this now already). And I don't think it is out of sync with the tune, it just isn't as hyper on the highspeed beat like the original, but flows fine with the tune overall imo. 

Version 1.0 had a 8T and 40T at first that felt way too slow and out of tune, so quickly went to 12-36. Then I also speed up some gears inside in version 2 for up and down movement from 20-12 to 24-8 (though this was more a happy side effect of wanting the banana to dip deeper with the new lever setup). So not much to be gained there in the available space anymore either.

Edit:

Just gave it a whirl with 2x24T in place of the 12-36. It's alot faster, but not really in a good way imo. The arm movement is severly limited, due to the mechanism already being on the way back before your eyes notice (or perhaps even the mechanism itself can get to) a full extention. Also the M-motor seems to be pushing its limit with this in terms of torgue. Once the LDD is finished, feel free to try it yourself. The 24T have plenty of room to be placed, but the liftarm I got in place across the 12T-36T in the bottom shot will need to be moved so the gears don't run from their respective axles (mainly an issue for the 36T one).

Edited by Appie

1 hour ago, Appie said:

Edit:

Just gave it a whirl with 2x24T in place of the 12-36. It's alot faster, but not really in a good way imo. The arm movement is severly limited, due to the mechanism already being on the way back before your eyes notice (or perhaps even the mechanism itself can get to) a full extention. Also the M-motor seems to be pushing its limit with this in terms of torgue. Once the LDD is finished, feel free to try it yourself. The 24T have plenty of room to be placed, but the liftarm I got in place across the 12T-36T in the bottom shot will need to be moved so the gears don't run from their respective axles (mainly an issue for the 36T one).

Reckon you could show us how it looks?

No, making the LDD is already time I don't have, not making a video for a mod I don't like.

So here is the LDD

57c969852c4db33636a32ce71ff878e3.png

For some reason the rear left corner got misaligned somewhere which caused parts to "not fit" while it should perfectly fit and isn't anything out of the ordinary while building with Lego. I colour coded these parts to dark azure, the way they are supposed to be placed is easy to figure out I think based on photo's in this topic. The 24T gear in front of the LDD model goes on the axle of the camshaft parts towards the 8T gear. The 3x11 curved panels won't all fit in LDD for some weird reason that I don't want to waste time on since it's pretty easy to figure out how to mount those anyway.

The rubber band in front of the model in the LDD is to be mounted here:

c9c5247c16b18998561dad0680116953.jpg

In order to get proper movement, aligning the gears to this starting position should make for a smooth operation:

9723032e4f9d45fdeb07540447cea81a.jpg

As you can see: keep a little more than 1 stud free on the axle in the red box and angle the face of the banana all the way to the left.

In the bottom it will look like this:

bf6412b83cc9bb7553e5a727d4fff8ca.jpg

The red arrow shows the position of the gearrack if you aligned the axle in the red box of the previous picture properly.

The yellow arrow indicates the angle required of the camshaft pieces for the movement.

If you got any more questions, feel free to ask, if not: happy building maybe? :classic:

Edited by Appie

2 hours ago, KD123 said:

Thanks Appie, I'm going to add this to my to build list.  

Me too @Appie! A big thanks!

hey Appie, thanks for making the ldd for your awesome model!

I've ordered all the pieces and I'm trying to assemble it, but the 5 length beam won't connect to the adjacent axle in the lcad.

Am I correct in assuming these two are meant to be connected?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cAsUdYkmr0jxpKW2nvfWmVJQwggXFOXo/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your help,

Simon