Spud The Viking

[COR-FB] Fort Totie in Jameston

Medium Fortification: Footprint 1024 studs in Jameston

Having realised that the flourishing settlement of Jameston relied solely upon a small battery, Lord Spud constructed Fort Totie. The word 'totie' means 'small' in Spud's colloquial tongue.

41932143945_7ae352cacc_c.jpg

This name fits excellently, as the fort only allows protection up to head height and allowing eight guns to point at either sides.

Spud has taken note of this star design and is keen to replicate it's shape in the future.

41932144725_c4a29b9402_z.jpg

41932140625_82824c26b0_z.jpg

The artillery officer commands the construction crew to hurry up and clear off so the fort can be operation as soon as possible.

The small gun battery will be licensed as a medium fortification in Jameston.

Edited by Spud The Viking

As I said elsewhere, I absolutely adore this little fort. It looks so efficient and at the same time cute! :pir-grin:

Your guns are great, and they fit very snugly into the emplacements. I find it quite impressive that you have managed to include sloping sides at this scale, and I like the detailing inside and out. You have also given it life with all those minifigs in different poses.

Well done, Chieftain Spud!

Just now, Bregir said:

As I said elsewhere, I absolutely adore this little fort. It looks so efficient and at the same time cute! :pir-grin:

Your guns are great, and they fit very snugly into the emplacements. I find it quite impressive that you have managed to include sloping sides at this scale, and I like the detailing inside and out. You have also given it life with all those minifigs in different poses.

Well done, Chieftain Spud!

Thanks Bregir! 

A nice little fortification indeed! As Bregir said, it's impressive that you got the star shape and sloping walls at such a small scale - with lovely presentation to match, great job!

10 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

A nice little fortification indeed! As Bregir said, it's impressive that you got the star shape and sloping walls at such a small scale - with lovely presentation to match, great job!

Thanks Ayrlego, i hope it serves Jameston well!

A mini-bastion, it looks impregnable, with its thick walls and powerfull armament. Nice minifig posing too.

That is an amazing idea with excellent execution. Thank you for sharing this with us, wonderful work!

On 6/22/2018 at 2:06 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

I very nice looking fortification for Jameston! Great job Spud! 

On 6/22/2018 at 10:41 AM, Bodi said:

A mini-bastion, it looks impregnable, with its thick walls and powerfull armament. Nice minifig posing too.

2 hours ago, Elostirion said:

That is an amazing idea with excellent execution. Thank you for sharing this with us, wonderful work!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

:pir-laugh:  For some reason the short height of this makes me want to laugh!  A cute build for sure though, the little cannons fit really well!

31 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

:pir-laugh:  For some reason the short height of this makes me want to laugh!  A cute build for sure though, the little cannons fit really well!

Judge me by my size, do you?

Thanks  :pir-grin:

Very nice build indeed...  Are the sloping wall secured or simply resting in position?   The cannons fit well and many "small forts" did have shorter walls...  Especially if on high ground

7 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Very nice build indeed...  Are the sloping wall secured or simply resting in position?   The cannons fit well and many "small forts" did have shorter walls...  

Thanks!

I you look closely at the top left of this image you can see the modified plate which is used to clip the sloping wall to the baseplate:

41932144725_c4a29b9402.jpg

7 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Especially if on high ground

:pir-vader::thumbup:

Edited by Spud The Viking

Aw what a cute little toy fort! :iamded_lol:

Seriously now I really like it as it is and I also like the fact that this is bustling with life. In my searches and tries for sloped forts (Vauban style), I have observed that these parts when placed at an angle, they completely match each other, leaving no gaps (when except underneath them which you can easily cover them with an 1xX plate or greenery (here for example - of course you can find way better examples browsing here or in flickr)

5 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Seriously now I really like it as it is and I also like the fact that this is bustling with life. In my searches and tries for sloped forts (Vauban style), I have observed that these parts when placed at an angle, they completely match each other, leaving no gaps (when except underneath them which you can easily cover them with an 1xX plate or greenery (here for example - of course you can find way better examples browsing here or in flickr)

Thanks.

The gaps in mine are probably due to the uneven surface it's sitting on :pir-sceptic:

5 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Aw what a cute little toy fort! 

Slightly ironic considering what it's made of :pir_tong2: