Praetorian_

[MOC] Forum of Augustus - Roman Imperial Fora

Hello 
This is a wip of second part of my Roman Imperial Fora reconstruction project. I completed the Temple of Mars Ultor (avenger), which the Emperor August built as a tribute for the victory over the assassins of Julius Caesar. 
The temple consists of more than 40.000 pieces, the dimensions are about 60x100 cm, (each column consists of more than 380 elements).

marte 1b

I used many different techniques and spent a lot of time studying the details, to give the idea of the grandeur of the building in the best way possible.

08-09-2017

09-09-2017

29/01/2018 b

I also recreated the inside of the temple, where the war trophies of Roman Legion were kept. Each trophy is different from the other. 

inside 2

inside 1

04/03/2018

At each side of the temple there are two triumphal arches dedicated to Drusus Minor and Germanicus, son and nephew of Tiberius.

Arch of Drusus Minor

I am currently planning the statue of worship that was placed in the apse and I'm collecting the pieces to make the huge square that stood in front of the temple 

The last step will be the realization of the portico that will allow to join this Forum to the Forum of Nerva, already realized, in order to create a unique diorama

This image gives an idea of how the diorama will appear

ForumAug

Thanks for looking.

Any comments/feedback welcomed

Edited by Praetorian_

This is stunning.  Love all the interiors especially the roofs on the inside they are so detailed.  The floors are great too, the colors work nicely.  The columns are spectacular, I really like the gold trim.  Great Job.  

That's lovely! I love the gold details on the capitals, and the colourful pediment. The varied ways you've textured the ceiling also make it interesting. Well done.

Epic stuff! Love the detailed columns, the ceilings and the variety in the trophies.

Well done on recreating the grandness 

A MOC to fit the Roman Empire itself.  Truly an incredible build, you are to be commended.  The planning and parts that went into this are astonishing.  And the interior is even more impressive than the exterior!

My full congratulations my friend, keep on going!

This looks great all put together! I love the ceilings especially. I am a Latin teacher, so this really makes me happy, and I hope you share a picture of this build with Nerva's forum all together. That would make my day. 

On 9/21/2018 at 9:19 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

This looks great all put together! I love the ceilings especially. I am a Latin teacher, so this really makes me happy, and I hope you share a picture of this build with Nerva's forum all together. That would make my day. 

My purpose isto reproduce the entire area of the imperial Fora, so the next step will be to join this  Forum with the Forum of Nerva, to do this I will have to complete the porch around the Forum of Augustus 

Edited by Praetorian_

In one word ... Wauw.
It's amazing, the columns, the floor, all those (golden) details and stuff. I always liked (don't know why) Greek stuff, the food, the architecture and all that, and this looks pretty much the same style.
I wondering how big / high it is. If I comparing it with the armoury inside and the 'statues' on the roof it must be ... huge :classic:

I'm a huge fan of the Roman Empire and I never saw something like this. You have my recognition. Well done!

This is EPIC, excellent job!!

And I loved the minifigures, how did you managed to do them? Are they hand painted? Where are those red/flesh arms and legs from?

Congratulations, everything is perfect!

4 hours ago, Lord_Tyrannus said:

This is EPIC, excellent job!!

And I loved the minifigures, how did you managed to do them? Are they hand painted? Where are those red/flesh arms and legs from?

Congratulations, everything is perfect!

Thank you for you support. Minifigs of the legionnaires are printed on lego pieces, the design has been reworked from the original lego series 6 to be able to print them on all sides. the arms come from  the figure of Robin from the series 2 Batman Movie. the male and female figures are now made with stickers, but even those will be printed on original lego pieces.

Oh, this is a real masterpiece. You should to show this in some competition. I think, 1st place guaranteed :)