de Gothia

Market Day in Sionnach

While de Gothia and theirs sons had sailed to Mesozoic, Lena wanted to go to the Market Day. It was held every sunday and had become quite big these days. Not like the big bazaars of Barqa but nowdays salesmen and traders came from both Kaliphlin and Mitgardia to sell their goods. Lena was listening to some music when bad news were about to reach her. 

42206754654_6b631a24ef.jpg

41114900100_34f2198fce.jpg

41114896770_148316c3d7.jpg

41114896310_51723b37d6.jpg

42206746054_89fffd98e1.jpg

41114897090_55f943df65.jpg

41115001810_37f900a2fd.jpg

Credits to Little John and soccerkid:  some great tips, ideas and tutorials you have on brickbuilt!

Inspiration from Mark of Falworth

Edited by de Gothia

Nice scene.  I like the texturing of the wall.  The interiors are neat, I like the alligator chandelier.  The peaceful streets are nice with the danger below.  Are you going to follow up with an attack scene?  Well done.  

Great build. Love how busy and full of life it is. I also appreciate seeing your crediting as a model for how to do that. I see the Snyderis and Mark of Falworth in this build for sure, just like all of those guys (and you) are in the DNA of everything I make.

Favorite parts are the fountain and the dudes in the sewer.

Excellent build. It looks properly lively like a market place should look like. I almost expect the Minifigs to start moving.:wink: I like tidiness of the buildings. They look nice and pristine as proper city houses should look like.

The elevation change is a nice addition. That's something you don't see that often, but it might need a bit colour variety to give it more texture and "feel". It can't keep up with the variety and detail of the houses above. Maybe some green and dark tan pieces help there.

The interiors (actually all small sub-builds) are just lovely and really tell their own stories. Very well done.:classic:

Great how I can recognise both the Brickbuilt-influences and your own style! I have to remark that the tudored sections of the white house look a bit blocky, especially under the roof... Still, the more tudor the merrier :grin: 

The market looks very nice, lots of activities going on which is always cool - and having interiors is even cooler :thumbup: These guys in the sewers, on the other hand... I'm curious to see what they're up to!

This is a great overall composition, with lots of fun details.  I'd echo @TitusV on the white tudor house, I think it could use a treatment more similar to the facade on your dark tan house, which has some pretty awesome depth to it.  

I really like the angle of the stairs, and the way that you've incorporated different levels into the city makes it feel really dynamic too.  And your interiors are a lot of fun.

Thanks for the comments!:)

Yes there will be more mocs from the ”good dragons vs the bad” :)

A classic deGothia scene :wub: Well composed, plenty of small details, and even full interiors! Differentiating the market area from the houses by having a lower street level is really clever and effective :thumbup:

Especially since you included stairs to give easy circulation between the levels. The brick built bird in the market is one of my favorite touches, though I also enjoyed how you used sand green in the stone building.

Another great one from you de Gothia!  I'm always impressed with how lively your dios are and this MOC is no exception.  :thumbup:

Excellent scene, very lively and good poses. Some great colour combinations as well, the grey and orangy building has some very nice details

Great build with many great scenes, dG! I love how lively you have made it with people filling the square and bustling around the streets. The interiors are superb as well, if a bit odd (at least I would find it odd to have an alligator hanging from the ceiling). I don't really like the black turntable bases on the white and brown building, and as others have said, the texturing of that building is rather flat compared to the rest. I do really like the design of the medium nougat and light bley building, with the telescope on the roof. That looks nice. Heck, the whole thing looks nice, another lovely build from you!

Thanks again! 

The black turntables do look a bit odd on that house, but I wanted to break up the rather blocky Wall..

as for the crocodile in the ceiling.. I have seen outlander and wanted to create a apothecary guy like him.. and he had a crocodile in the ceiling! :p

Google master Raymond outlander Paris and you Will see!:)

Love it!  I always like looking at your builds; you have a talent for packing a ton of detail into the build without it seeming too busy.  I also like the many clean lines that you have without looking like there is a lack of texture.  I really like the guy in the sewer obviously up to no good.  The turkey is also fantastic!  Great job yet again!

A crocodile hanging from the roof?  I totally need that in my living room now! :laugh:  Great addition to your city, I really like the variety and colors of the houses.  The double layer is really neat too!

Excellent build! Quite a lot going on, as others have said. My favorites parts would be the sand Green windows, the light bley window frames and the first floor of the apothecary.  Great work!

Looks like some sneaky ass Dragon Masters in there.

flickr has me excited for the story!

Nice scene overall, and great interiors! Looks like you are learning from the masters :classic: