Cheers,

I've a situation that I would like some feed back on.  I am about 2/3 way through a display of several models concerning an industrial iron blast furnace, and associated air heaters, blowing engine, filters, coke plant, bessimer furnace, etc. They are all about 1:40 so that minifigs don't look too bad.  I have one new structure I would like to add  (A Hulett ore unloader) that won't fit in my space requirements ( 72 Base plates) at 1:40.

How would you handle this? Rebuilding all at 1:50 would be a lot of work, and due to motors and operational features, the models may not look good.

I am thinking that my only options are:-

1- Do the unloader at 1:50 and only use minifigs that are absolutely needed or keep minifigs away.

2-I have old patent drawings and could use an earlier version at 1:40. (Not age appropriate nor completely operationally similar)

3-Take some 'poetic justice' and remove a secondary feature that is not 100% necessary to model the basic operations. Which might allow me to do it at 1:40.

Opinions? alternates?

Thanx,

Ed

Update-Found earlier patent drawings that will do exactly what I need. Last version serviced mega ore carriers, had room for 6 lanes of trains, as well as an overflow surge pit. Earlier one had two lanes of rails and no overflow with smaller (1900 era) bulk carriers. In process of scaling now and may fit at 1:40.:classic::classic:

Edited by knotian
New info

I think that mixing scales of that wide of a shift will look a little funny but only if its things that people commonly see together. So all the vehicles should be approximately the same scale but machinery that is only seen in photos and not by many people upclose wont look out of scale unless you are displaying this at an ore refinery.