Sign in to follow this  
craigslegostuff

Jo, Jo & Mike's Ice Cream Parlour

My 5th Modular Building!

I've been very busy this last year, working on three modular MOCs. First up is this, my Ice Cream Parlour. Dedicated (and claimed by) my young daughter - it's been a labour of love!

Lots of details inside and out, this is my first 32x32" building...

FIRST FLOOR: ICE CREAM PARLOUR / APARTMENT HALLWAY

- 4 x seating booths
- fully stocked kitchen/counter area, with ice cream maker, ice cream freezer, till, sink etc.
- W/C with toilet, sink etc.
- Front door on street leads to apartment hallway/stairs.

SECOND FLOOR: APARTMENT KITCHEN / LOUNGE

- Kitchen with sink, fridge, cupboards, counter, oven 
- Lounge features fireplace, coffee table, and 3 x large sofas

THIRD FLOOR: APARTMENT BEDROOMS / BATHROOM / OFFICE

- Main bedroom with bed, nightstands, wardrobe, gas cupboard(!), and ornamental floor rug.
- Smaller kids bedroom, with bed, night stand, dresser and toy box
- Home office, with desk, PC, shelving units etc.

Hope you enjoy!

Craig, June 2018

42777730781_50bc477f5c_c.jpgJo, Jo & Mike's Ice Cream Parlour by Craig Brooks, on Flickr

Edited by craigslegostuff

8 minutes ago, craigslegostuff said:

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME THE BEST WAY TO PUT PICTURES UP HERE? I have a Flickr account, is that any use? Thanks guys.

Here is a link to a eurobricks topic explaining how to embed pictures from flickr.

Look forward to seeing the pics of your modulars. :classic:

Thanks for your messages guys (and Pandora!). Please feel free to have a look and let me know if I've done it right? 

Edited by craigslegostuff

4 minutes ago, craigslegostuff said:

Thanks Pandora. Would you mind having a look to see if I've done it right? 

Yup, you got it.  :classic:

Nice looking ice cream shop.  I really like the colors you chose for the tile floor, the booths look nice, and there's a nice assortment of equipment and advertising, etc., behind the counter.

4 minutes ago, deraven said:

Yup, you got it.  :classic:

Nice looking ice cream shop.  I really like the colors you chose for the tile floor, the booths look nice, and there's a nice assortment of equipment and advertising, etc., behind the counter.

Much appreciated! Hope you managed to see the other two floors where the apartment is.

It looks stunning. Just been checking out the other pics on your flickr page. I love all the texture and details on the facade and the pink and blue colours really "pop" against the white and grey of the main walls. 

I also really like the tree in the corner and the interior details are fantastic.

Great work! :thumbup:

the front of the building looks nice, but the interior looks Amazing!!!

- love the ice-maker!

Great Work!!!

On 6/19/2018 at 11:34 PM, craigslegostuff said:

Thanks for your messages guys (and Pandora!). Please feel free to have a look and let me know if I've done it right? 

It's almost like I hear my name... :look:  :laugh: 

Big thanks to @Bricked1980 for helping @craigslegostuff out there. :thumbup: 

This is an intriguing Modular MOC, and there's a lot to like about it. I'd love to see more, so would you be able to post some more pictures here please?

(I know I can click through to flickr, but posting more pics will draw in more readers, and I'd genuinely like to see more of this MOC.)

From what I can see, your daughter is very lucky to be able to claim this! I would echo a lot of what has already been said, but also add (and it's really a small point) there's something just right in how you've posed the figures at the front. Great touch. 

37 minutes ago, Pandora said:

would you be able to post some more pictures here please?

(I know I can click through to flickr, but posting more pics will draw in more readers, and I'd genuinely like to see more of this MOC.)

there's something just right in how you've posed the figures at the front. Great touch. 

Great comment - nice that you appreciate the posing of figures - it is something I take time over for pics. Speaking of which, I will post more pics for you over the weekend...

Another great modular, @craigslegostuff! Love the inner corner and all the details on the façade, especially the turntable plate base is a great touch. The interior is fantastic as well! Keep up the great work! :classic: :thumbup:

P.S. One white column/stick is missing on the second floor of the left section...