Capt Wolf

MRCA Deadline July 2 - and a note about port taxes

The sign-up deadline for the next Adventure MRCA and Trade MRCA is July 2, midnight, anywhere in the world.

----------------

Players can sign up for both the Adventure MRCA and the Trade MRCA, but individual ships can only participate in one or the other, not both simultaneously.

To sign-up for the Adventure MRCA, read the rules here and then sign-up via this form.

To sign-up for the Trade MRCA, read the rules here and then sign-up via this form.

For a ship to take part in either MRCA, it must be licensed. You can license your ship under the new ship rules via this form.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Note about Port Taxes

It is the responsibility of ship owners to pay their port taxes to the settlement or entity charging the taxes. It is the responsibility of those charging the taxes to inform players of taxes due and to track payment. It is also the responsibility of the settlement to notify us of any ships that are being detained in port for failure to pay. 

Welcome to the administrative fun of trade wars. :pir_wacko:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consult this map for trade zone numbers before submitting any forms:

38033143946_0f0207d485_o.png

And here are the trade values as of June 19, 618. When filling out your MRCA form, please make sure you spell the ports exactly as they appear below.

Settlement

Faction

Zone

Trade
Value

Acropolis

OL

Aden

CAR

Alexport

PRI

Arlinsport

COR

Astrapi

OL

Balmin

NAM

Balondia

COR

Bardo

ESL

Baskers Island

MAR

Bastion

SR

Belson

COR

Breshaun

OL

Calisto

MAR

Camp Isaac

COR

Cecropia

OL

Charlatan Bay

SR

Dortanix

MAR

Dragonstone

OL

Elizabethville

COR

Eltina

OL

Elysabethtown

ESL

Fatu Hiva

OL

Fortaleza Victoria

ESL

Freeport

GAR

Fuerte Unido

ESL

Granoleon

OL

Haven

SR

Hojaroja

ESL

Hussar’s Isle

COR

Jameston

COR

Kieg

GAR

King’s Harbour

COR

Kings Port

TER

La Puebloto

ESL

Lavalette

OL

Leopaldis

GAR

Londa

MAR

Mehit

ESL

Mesabi Landing

COR

Montario

ESL

Mooreton Bay

COR

Moray’s Den

SR

Myzectlan

COR

New Haven

COR

Nova Malto

ESL

Nova Terreli

ESL

Pontelli

ESL

Poorvintia

CAR

Poppy Port

SR

Port Raleigh

COR

Port Wilks

ESL

Port Woodhouse

COR

Prinport

GAR

Puerto Alijo

ESL

Puerto Desafio

ESL

Quinnsville

COR

Rassilon

SR

Salida Este

ESL

Stedor

ESL

Stormhaven

COR

Takashii

SR

Terreli

ESL

Tortuga

SR

Trador

ESL

Ulric

ALT

Weelond

ESL

Westface

TER

Windfall Island

OL

Yeldo

COR

Is there a way to see which settlements are charging taxes? I know all Oleon ones do, some Eslandolean, some NPC ports, but how do I remember month to month which do?

13 minutes ago, SilentWolf said:

Is there a way to see which settlements are charging taxes? I know all Oleon ones do, some Eslandolean, some NPC ports, but how do I remember month to month which do?

The only non-Oleon ports charging taxes are Kings Port, Westface (both Terraversa), Nova Terreli, and Montario (both ESL on the island of Nelissa). The KPA trade war article has links to all of these specific taxes. Also, Charlatan Bay has declared itself closed to outsiders, so don't go there, either.

On 6/27/2018 at 11:18 PM, Capt Wolf said:

The only non-Oleon ports charging taxes are Kings Port, Westface (both Terraversa), Nova Terreli, and Montario (both ESL on the island of Nelissa). The KPA trade war article has links to all of these specific taxes. Also, Charlatan Bay has declared itself closed to outsiders, so don't go there, either.

The world of BoBS is becoming almost as complicated as the real world... :hmpf: :tongue:

7 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

The world of BoBS is becoming almost as complicated as the real world... :hmpf: :tongue:

"almost"? :pir_wacko:

2 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

"almost"? :pir_wacko:

Well I had to actually pay about $120 for bringing so much LEGO into the beautiful country of Chile, so I'll stick with the almost. :pir-laugh:

Edit: don't ask how much I was bringing back... :pir_tong2:

Edited by Kai NRG

@Legostone @Capt Wolf  I just licensed a ship but only put 3 instead of 4 crew. It's pulling the error that I entered 1 fewer stat point than I was supposed to. The ship is Warped Wood. Can you fix that for me?

Just now, MKJoshA said:

@Legostone @Capt Wolf  I just licensed a ship but only put 3 instead of 4 crew. It's pulling the error that I entered 1 fewer stat point than I was supposed to. The ship is Warped Wood. Can you fix that for me?

Yeah no worries. PM me where to apply your +2 crew BOBS card ;)

25 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Well I had to actually pay about $120 for bringing so much LEGO into the beautiful country of Chile, so I'll stick with the almost. :pir-laugh:

How much WERE you bringing into the country?

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Is Lego cheaper in the beautiful  country of Chile? 

What was the reason for such a high custom fee? 

8 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

The new real world is Bureauracy of the Brick Seas.  :laugh:

16 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

How much WERE you bringing into the country?

Oh, I'm not even sure exactly - I valued it at $400 which I think was about right considering that only about $25 of it was MISB - if it had all been MISB, the value would have been a lot more.  A lot of it was odd BL parts and PaB cups and stuff too though, and quite a few were used pieces.

15 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Is Lego cheaper in the beautiful  country of Chile? 

What was the reason for such a high custom fee? 

No, it's super expensive!  And Chile has high import duties - in this case (and probably in most cases) it was 30%!

5 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

No, it's super expensive!  And Chile has high import duties - in this case (and probably in most cases) it was 30%!

Yikes! Sorry to hear that!

@Bregir

Your Amcra, "On a deserted Island" has more than enough builds to continue. If you'd like to continue it as an AMCRA please fill out the paperwork by friday. :pir-classic:

@Captain Genaro @Dukesc @Bodi @KotZ

Your Amcra "Travels to Terraversa" is one build short of continuing this turn. If you can get one last build done by Friday, and submit the paperwork, we'll get you in this turn. If you need more options or don't think you can accomplish that, please pm  myself, @Bregir or @Legostone

@Professor Thaum

As you've expressed that you are ending your amcra, "The Hunt for the Red Oktober" We'd like to know if you'd like to have an "Adventure Outcome" Like what was done for MKJoshA's  adventure, "Uncharted Jungles"

@ALL

Please let us know either by PM or in this thread.

35 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Your Amcra "Travels to Terraversa" is one build short of continuing this turn. If you can get one last build done by Friday, and submit the paperwork, we'll get you in this turn. If you need more options or don't think you can accomplish that, please pm  myself, @Bregir or @Legostone

I sent Bregir a PM stating that I'm traveling for the 4th of July, and he said I can get the build done by Friday.

As a general note - for convenience sake - I would encourage those with late additions to the builds (which is fine for the AMRCA) to still submit an AMRCA form before the deadline, so we know the moment we start discussing which adventures we have going on.

Open question here: can this extended deadline be applied to my AMCRA as well?

Due to the stress of last week I originally planned to just skip this turn, but finishing the builds (mainly a class 4) until Friday would not be a problem for me.

Just now, Drunknok said:

Open question here: can this extended deadline be applied to my AMCRA as well?

Due to the stress of last week I originally planned to just skip this turn, but finishing the builds (mainly a class 4) until Friday would not be a problem for me.

By Friday is ok.

Just now, Bregir said:

By Friday is ok.

Great! Thank your very much, the generosity is appreciated. :thumbup: