Captain Genaro

Dark Secrets on the Île d'Or - Era II, Challenge II - RESULTS POSTED

I've been working on my entry, and I'm curious if there is a size limit to category A. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

I've been working on my entry, and I'm curious if there is a size limit to category A. Thanks!

Category A – Intelligence

Your band of mercenaries needs to know what they’re up against. As such, they desire to gather information about their foe before setting out, and the refugees in Fatu Hiva could provide valuable information, that is if they weren’t so afraid to talk. Show your mercenaries visiting natives at local workshops and attempting to learn about the terror in the jungle.

Your build should feature the natives using their skills to provide valuable goods for the Oleanese. Do they simply work in Olean factories, are their native crafts valuable enough to the colonists, or do they take the best of both worlds to create hybrid workshops? 

Rewards and Rules: 

Minimum size: 256 stud footprint (equal to 16x16). One entry allowed per player. Build must be able to be licensed under the rules of the EGS and in addition to posting a link here, a link should also be posted in the Fatu Hiva settlement thread. 

No maximum mentioned, so go ahead and build us a royal :)

16 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

No size limit, but it has to be larger than 16x16 (or equivalent) and licensable.

So technically, you could build a royal property. :)

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

So technically, you could build a royal property. :)

Did you just say my name? :-D 

1 hour ago, Elostirion said:

Oh, the tycoon just entered the conversation :iamded_lol::tongue: :tongue:

1 hour ago, Elostirion said:

Is that a promise for something big Elostirion ? ;p

12 hours ago, Elostirion said:

I believe I did... ;)

The first post has been updated with an index of entries. Please be sure to post your entry in this thread so we see it. Thanks!

@ any Ol member

Can someone explain how the priests work (would a female be allowed?) 

Also how would the faith "bless" something to make it pure?

Is this religion loosely based of chatholosism? (sp?)

2 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

@ any Ol member

Can someone explain how the priests work (would a female be allowed?) 

Also how would the faith "bless" something to make it pure?

Is this religion loosely based of chatholosism? (sp?)

@Phred is in charge of the Order and can get you an official answer.

5 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

@Phred is in charge of the Order and can get you an official answer.

Thank you for your reply! I will message him. 

On 7/8/2018 at 10:41 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Thank you for your reply! I will message him. 

@Roadmonkeytj let me know what @Phred says. I'd be interested to know the answer. 

For my 2db worth, I thought priests were historically the same gender as the gods they represented. Could work?

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Roadmonkeytj let me know what @Phred says. I'd be interested to know the answer. 

For my 2db worth, I thought priests were historically the same gender as the gods they represented. Could work?

You have a pm sir

4 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Ooo! 2 DB. :snicker: JK

Similar to Catholicism and other Christian denominations from the time period, I think it might be interesting to have priests and nuns. 

I don't think an official ritual needs to be written, but something with prayers, blessings, holy artifacts, etc. would likely suffice. 

The gods are based on the Greek pagan gods, but the organizational structure does seem fairly similar to Catholicism (various orders, an established hierarchy, and a pious culture similar to that of Spanish Catholics during the 17th-18th centuries). Each sect of the religion focuses on a separate god. The more judgmental, inquisitional, militaristic, secretive sect is aligned with Hades.  The more humble, kind, meek sect is aligned with Zeus.  There are many Greek gods, so be creative or make it up with finding obscure gods.

Also keep in mind that there are those who actively oppose the Old Gods in general and the Order in particular. Of course the narrow-minded fanatics from Oleon will not enlighten you - fools they are, blinded by their ignorance.

There are also those who believe the Order's 'gods' are false, lesser beings than the deity they worship, the Triuri (Triple Goddess: Maiden, Mother, Crone).