Rogue Angel

GoH Book III

@kahir88 @Grover

47 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Definitely real world religions are off limits, though many churches and cemeteries in the guilds still feature crosses prominently without raising objections.

I think that's because crosses are also a mark of the deceased, or a mark in general. Crosses are so abstract that they are kind of inevitable. 
(I recently came up with a cool cross design that I want to put in a GoH build sometime, you're warned, lol :tongue:

Also, I enjoy building deities from time to time, but never post them in GoH because in my interpretation they conflict with the "too overpowered" guideline (IMO the whole purpose of a god is being ridiculously overpowered). However, now I we have come to discuss this I will not pass up the opportunity to plug my latest deity in here! :grin:
49777152688_6c8984c843_c.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 3:55 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Make up some fantasy gods for your region, as many as you like!

Great news! I made a small build with a Valkyrie a while ago, that means she could find a place in Mitgardia…:sweet:

@Exetrius That guy looks great! And Indeed rather overpowered - being a god of Vanity and Ambition suits him very well! :laugh:

Need some extra incentive to get back to building for the Guilds?
Then maybe the Summer Joust is just what you've been waiting for!

Quite a variety of categories this year :dsweet:

52113920471_aaf33b6c6a_c.jpg

See all the details on flickr.

On 6/1/2022 at 1:28 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Quite a variety of categories this year :dsweet:

I'm looking forward to it!  Thanks for running the contest again!

5 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

I am thinking about joining a guild soon!  Or is it too late?

It is not too late! We are always happy to have new members! 

6 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

I am thinking about joining a guild soon!  Or is it too late?

47 minutes ago, LordDan said:

Of course!  It's kind of a rolling sign up, so jump in when you're ready, and if you have any questions, post here or in the new member guide and you should be answered shortly.  Welcome!

4 hours ago, LordDan said:

3 hours ago, Grover said:

Of course!  It's kind of a rolling sign up, so jump in when you're ready, and if you have any questions, post here or in the new member guide and you should be answered shortly.  Welcome!

Wonderful!  Thank you both!  I just need to decide on which guild interests me the most and create a sig-fig.

I was here back in that day in Book II, it is unfortunate Nocturnus is not an available option this time around.  Can I still do Free Builds involving Nocturnus or is it off limits entirely?

7 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

Wonderful!  Thank you both!  I just need to decide on which guild interests me the most and create a sig-fig.

I was here back in that day in Book II, it is unfortunate Nocturnus is not an available option this time around.  Can I still do Free Builds involving Nocturnus or is it off limits entirely?

Things are a bit slow around here, probably because the summer joust just ended, the pandemic has made a mess of things, and people have been building for cons, so if you don't get immediate responses, just be patient and people will get back to you.  I just got done dealing with a move so have been absent a couple of months now myself.  That being said, there's a lot of posts both new and old for the various guilds, so have a look around!

You can absolutely do free builds or challenge builds set in Nocturnus.  Many of us, myself included, have.  It is my understanding that you can even have a sig fig in Nocturnus ( @Exetrius does, although he's somewhat grandfathered in), but you can't earn points for Nocty.  The points (i.e., 'gold') system is pretty much just guild bragging rights, and, if I understand it right, if you have a sig fig in Nocty, you have to choose which guild your builds earn gold for instead of Nocty for this book.  @Henjin_Quilones, please correct me if I'm wrong, since I think this was the way you explained it a while back when someone else asked, but I can't seem to find the thread.

Enjoy looking around at the various builds and guild info, and don't hesitate to ask more questions as you have them!

Grover has it right--you can build for Nocty and even have a sig-fig with a Nocturnian background, but you need to declare current allegiance to one of the other guilds.  And yes, that is theoretically so that your free build points will go for that guild.

I have not thought about free build points in so long...  I hope no one's been holding their breath waiting for those. :laugh:

@Yzalirk Welcome back to the Guilds, and a warm welcome from Nocturnus! 

11 hours ago, Grover said:

It is my understanding that you can even have a sig fig in Nocturnus ( @Exetrius does, although he's somewhat grandfathered in)

That's right! I never left Nocturnus or declared allegiance to a different guild when Book III came around. (Nocty to the bone! :knight:) If you're caught up with the Book III lore, there are two major pieces of Nocty story that I've created since then: one & two. A third is on the way, but it needs time to become epic. :wink: 

@LordDan @Grover @Kai NRG @Exetrius

Thank you all again for the warm and insightful responses!  I have many ideas in mind for what I want to focus.  Specifically being around reptillians of Nocturnus and expanding their lore after the catastrophe at Abyssian.  But of course I would like permission to so I do not step on anyone's toes.

I also do have an interest in Kaliphlin again or Mitgardia!  That is why I am undecided if I should do the Nocturnus related stuff as separate free builds or not.

13 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

Specifically being around reptillians

Kaliphlin is a nice warm place for reptillians - and not so far away from Nocturnus.

20 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

Specifically being around reptillians of Nocturnus and expanding their lore after the catastrophe at Abyssian.  But of course I would like permission to so I do not step on anyone's toes.

This is really far away from my toes so I hesitate to say go ahead and do whatever you like, but I don't believe anyone is doing much with the reptillians these days, so you probably do have free rein.  At least as long as you start a bit open ended you'll be fine--"some of" the reptilians went here or did this after the catastrophe, or something like that, that leaves opportunities for ISC or any one else who was originally behind the reptillians to expand in a different direction with a different group if they'd like to in the future.

On 8/19/2022 at 1:47 AM, Yzalirk said:

@LordDan @Grover @Kai NRG @Exetrius

Thank you all again for the warm and insightful responses!  I have many ideas in mind for what I want to focus.  Specifically being around reptillians of Nocturnus and expanding their lore after the catastrophe at Abyssian.  But of course I would like permission to so I do not step on anyone's toes.

I also do have an interest in Kaliphlin again or Mitgardia!  That is why I am undecided if I should do the Nocturnus related stuff as separate free builds or not.

tumblr_njgxwrd0cB1qb1m9to1_500.gif :grin:

And when it comes to freebuilds or personal story builds: if you want to put your sigfig in builds that are geographically far apart, you may want to come up with a reason how your character can travel those distances... or you don't, and then just don't specify how long it took to get from place A to B! :laugh: Or don't have them appear in those builds at all, and just introduce new characters for the sake of your build or your own entertainment! :shrug_oh_well:

On 8/20/2022 at 9:09 AM, Exetrius said:

tumblr_njgxwrd0cB1qb1m9to1_500.gif :grin:

And when it comes to freebuilds or personal story builds: if you want to put your sigfig in builds that are geographically far apart, you may want to come up with a reason how your character can travel those distances... or you don't, and then just don't specify how long it took to get from place A to B! :laugh: Or don't have them appear in those builds at all, and just introduce new characters for the sake of your build or your own entertainment! :shrug_oh_well:

Or just say your sigifig is an adventurer and have them pop up in a different guild every build :grin: