Rogue Angel

GoH Book III

9 hours ago, Blufiji said:

Since Nocty got shelved, do I pick a new guild? I am way late to this. Valyrio looks interesting..always wanted to do a canal thingy.

Welcome back, Blufiji!

Meanwhile, in my (ongoing) attempt to further explore the events of the Nocturnus Civil War, I have portrayed some of your troops on their way to battle: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/170638-nocturnus-civil-war-onwards-to-the-moruth-highlands/ I hope you don't mind! :wink: 

On 6/28/2019 at 9:50 AM, Exetrius said:

Welcome back, Blufiji!

Meanwhile, in my (ongoing) attempt to further explore the events of the Nocturnus Civil War, I have portrayed some of your troops on their way to battle: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/170638-nocturnus-civil-war-onwards-to-the-moruth-highlands/ I hope you don't mind! :wink: 

Not at all and good to be back. I am still mulling over a character and a Guild. A dwarf from Mitgardia or a noble from Valyrio..

On 6/28/2019 at 7:12 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

You can choose to stay in Nocty (like @Exetrius) or you can venture out to other lands with the same character or a new one. Established Nocturnians do not have to leave; however, to build and compete in challenges, you do need to be a member of one of the current guilds, at least nominally. For example, you could join Varlyrio, but keep Gal-Turok as your sigfig, building his story in both Nocty and Varlyrio -- perhaps he is visiting orc clans in the western parts of Varlyrio, trying to recruit help to rebuild the devastation left by the Spire. Or perhaps he decided to leave Nocty altogether with his clans, and is seeking a new start elsewhere. He could even set up shop in one of the canal-rich eastern Varlyrian cities, or something. Or you could create a brand-new character, leaving Gal-Turok behind to run the orc clans of Nocty while you explore a new viewpoint on Historica with a different character. It's up to you, though. 

I think a new character with a new path will do me some good. Thanks!

On 6/28/2019 at 7:45 AM, Blufiji said:

Since Nocty got shelved, do I pick a new guild? I am way late to this. Valyrio looks interesting..always wanted to do a canal thingy.

Good to see you active Blu!

On 7/4/2019 at 11:25 AM, TitusV said:

Good to see you active Blu!

Glad to be back. Working on my character.

Last year a new challenge was up to,
Tell our tale, in one minute or two.
Everyone was astir,
to the Loremaster.
But who won? Dear Moderator Crew?

Hehe, sorry, just wanted to... "refresh" the post from exactly a year ago. I was on holiday and also wanted to build something for this challenge. Then came this poem, and now a small build for this too:

48421606771_7a356d9da8.jpg

" It was a rainy thursday, in the Scarlets Scars inn. Everybody was busy, with their drinks. The bard decided, to end the sadness, jumped on top of a table, and while strumming his lute, he started the song:

Before known time, long ages ago
The land saw battles, from sand to snow.
Clan against clan,
Race against race,
The bodies of men feed flocks of crow.

They fought against beasts, orcs and the dead,
Darkness fell, it was good to be bad.
To unite the land,
And make the war end.
A plan came, so no one will be sad.

Wisest of them, both women and men,
Form a council, to give peace to them.
Green Avalonia,
Snowy Mitgardia,
Dark Noctornus, Kaliphlin on sand.

A fair king was elected, to rule,
In Cedricia, the kingdoms jewel.
Trading opened,
Conflicts ended.
The four guilds learned, how not to be cruel.

Historica found peace, for ages
But darkness came, from evil mages.
Revolword was his name,
Uprising was his game.
Broke the ancient law of sages.

Land was torn, by angry regiments,
Victor used the Helm of Elements.
But heroes ride,
To stop the tide.
And save Historicas settlements.

48421606846_1c821be596.jpg

The bard stopped, to take a sip of beer, from a nearby mug...

But the brave guild members couldn't rest,
From every corner rose new threats.
Algus, Drow, Ancient King,
They came to aid one thing.
A warlord, named Raavage, from the East.

Joining together, the guilds were strong,
But only with an heir, they lasted long.
Raavage took his last breath,
The guilds found Queen Ylspheth!
She sits on the throne, where she belongs.

What the next chapter brings, no one knows,
Only one thing remains, what all knows:
Clan against clan,
Race against race.
That's how Guilds of Historica goes...

And also, waiting for the results. :D

Edited by kahir88

2 hours ago, kahir88 said:

Everyone was astir,
to the Loremaster.

Hehe, sorry, just wanted to... "refresh" the post from exactly a year ago. I was on holiday and also wanted to build something for this challenge. Then came this poem, and now a small build for this too:

" It was a rainy thursday, in the Scarlets Scars inn. Everybody was busy, with their drinks. The bard decided, to end the sadness, jumped on top of a table, and while strumming his lute, he started the song:

Clan against clan,
Race against race,

To unite the land,
And make the war end.

Green Avalonia,
Snowy Mitgardia,

Trading opened,
Conflicts ended.

Revolword was his name,
Uprising was his game.

But heroes ride,
To stop the tide.

Clan against clan,
Race against race.

Beautiful! ???

1 hour ago, Zilmrud said:

Beautiful! ???

Thx, it's a one-year-old poem, from the start of Book III. We were tasked, to tell the Guilds story so far. 

Great poem, the build is also very neat with the before and after faces :wink: !

Edited by W Navarre

On 8/2/2019 at 12:54 AM, kahir88 said:

Everyone was astir,
to the Loremaster.

Clan against clan,
Race against race,

To unite the land,
And make the war end.

Green Avalonia,
Snowy Mitgardia,

Trading opened,
Conflicts ended.

Revolword was his name,
Uprising was his game.

But heroes ride,
To stop the tide.

Clan against clan,
Race against race.

Nice poem :laugh:

Beleg the Ranger pledges his allegiance to Mitgardia! I found out about the Guilds through Ecclesiastes' article in the Lego Adventure book and decided to join because I immensely enjoy Castle building. New builds from me are coming soon! C&C are more than welcome.

35 minutes ago, Beleg the Ranger said:

Beleg the Ranger pledges his allegiance to Mitgardia! I found out about the Guilds through Ecclesiastes' article in the Lego Adventure book and decided to join because I immensely enjoy Castle building. New builds from me are coming soon! C&C are more than welcome.

Isn't that book great!?! I love that Ecc got included in it and it's cool to see you join the Guilds because of it!

7 hours ago, Beleg the Ranger said:

A warm welcome (or cold, I guess? :wink:) to the Guilds!! Looking forward to your builds! 

Where can I find information on what happened between book 2 and 3? I've been gone for almost 4 years or so. I tried looking for it, but our history is extensive and its hard to find stuff if you don't know where to look. A

1 hour ago, Pvt13 said:

Where can I find information on what happened between book 2 and 3? I've been gone for almost 4 years or so. I tried looking for it, but our history is extensive and its hard to find stuff if you don't know where to look. A

Well, if you have some time on your hands, the full canon is here: GoH Lore, books 1-3.

It's pretty long, though, so the gist is this: Lord Raavage rose from the ashes of Revolword's elemental attack, took over Nocturnus, and tried to take over the rest of Historica, too. There were Algus in Mitgardia, the Desert King and Ulandus in Kaliphlin, and Drow and a plague in Avalonia, and there were some connections between all of them, shadowy alliances with Raavage. The Algus were defeated, the Drow were defeated, and the Desert King defeated the High Council and the Ulandians, and still rules in Kaliphlin now.

But Raavage was defeated at last, and a new ruler was crowned, Queen Ylspeth. And that's where we are today.

Thanks! I saw some characters have aged, how much time has passed between books? 

56 minutes ago, Pvt13 said:

Thanks! I saw some characters have aged, how much time has passed between books? 

It's ambiguous. For some it seems to have been a decade or more, for others a few years, for some just months. How much time do you want to have elapsed? :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

It's ambiguous. For some it seems to have been a decade or more, for others a few years, for some just months. How much time do you want to have elapsed? :laugh:

I'll go with something like 4 years, it's what I've been away from the guilds for :) 

Just now, Pvt13 said:

I'll go with something like 4 years, it's what I've been away from the guilds for :) 

That sounds good. Welcome back!

wait, what? Nocturnus is no more?
It can not be :)
We have returned :) We will take what is rightfully ours - the rule over everything dark and evil - Drow rule supreme :D

And in the mean time, find likeminded individuals to re-flame the glory of Nocturnus!

meav-tunar-03.jpg

I think you forgot how hazarderous and dangerous Drow can be, and we are here to flame those memories ;) t-aldinach.jpg

Hey guys :) Nocturnus is no more? No problem, we will make the Nocturnus land alive again (well, "alive" is not the right word if we raise a lot of unded, but oh, semantics:) )
So what happened? I guess not much activity in the guild

I remember when we started the first civil was in Nocturnus, trying to rule everything and everyone, but ah, we lost :)  t-petting-a-friend.jpg

But we are back again, and with games and war we will try to make Nocturnus a powerhouse again :) blake-drake.jpgtmarilith.jpgtdrow-gater.jpgdrow-h-cav-ambient.jpg
Buidlign evel characters, dark and unfrielndly terrain and unfriendly houses, dark castles and similar can be a lot of fun, and I am sure there will be interest in taking that part of the story :)
In adition, I plan to re-flame the old games, like Drow Gladitator Games (68 gladiators - and just look at the names of those builders:)  and Drow Beauty Contest with all the (hopefully) nice  rewards :) Next context will be up as soon as I clear with moderators what is what  as I was away for so long, and how we should preceed, find some time and set aside some cool prizes, in the spirit of GoH :)
val-01.jpg In any case, Drow have returned, and we are ready for war and parties! val-15.jpg

On 5/29/2020 at 2:31 AM, Angeli said:

wait, what? Nocturnus is no more?
It can not be :)
We have returned :) We will take what is rightfully ours - the rule over everything dark and evil - Drow rule supreme :D

And in the mean time, find likeminded individuals to re-flame the glory of Nocturnus!

I think you forgot how hazarderous and dangerous Drow can be, and we are here to flame those memories ;)

Hey guys :) Nocturnus is no more? No problem, we will make the Nocturnus land alive again (well, "alive" is not the right word if we raise a lot of unded, but oh, semantics:) )
So what happened? I guess not much activity in the guild

I remember when we started the first civil was in Nocturnus, trying to rule everything and everyone, but ah, we lost :) 

But we are back again, and with games and war we will try to make Nocturnus a powerhouse again :)
Buidlign evel characters, dark and unfrielndly terrain and unfriendly houses, dark castles and similar can be a lot of fun, and I am sure there will be interest in taking that part of the story :)
In adition, I plan to re-flame the old games, like Drow Gladitator Games (68 gladiators - and just look at the names of those builders:)  and Drow Beauty Contest with all the (hopefully) nice  rewards :) Next context will be up as soon as I clear with moderators what is what  as I was away for so long, and how we should preceed, find some time and set aside some cool prizes, in the spirit of GoH :)
 In any case, Drow have returned, and we are ready for war and parties!

Look who crawled out of his coffin! Angeli, welcome back to the land of the living! :tongue: Short recap: in the Nocturnus Civil War (in Book II), Lord Raavage of the Black Spire took over a large part of Nocturnus, but was ultimately defeated at the hands the Resistance (consisting of Lord Vladivus of Shadowmere, Gal Turok of The Reach, Osric Isentooth of Skavenport, and Exetrius of Zotharith, among others). In real life, Nocty participation during the civil war was minimal and most of official guild lore for it was finished by non-Nocties (thanks again @Henjin_Quilones, @TitusV!), so the guild was forced to close. I'm working to get Nocturnus back on the rails, there are still a lot of odds and ends to tie up before it could be a functioning guild again, but like you I believe there are enough builders out there who would love to build dark castles and have evil mages summon monsters with forbidden magic! :grin::dangry: 

Well, as it seems a good time for inactive members to post something, I'm happy to welcome you back Angeli!

Some great looking Drow over there, even if they are a bit on the losing side at the moment (an excellent recap by @Exetrius), but I'm sure you'll be fixing that :grin: 

I was thinking about this for a while. We had a small talk about religion in one of my builds.

I don't really see many gods in our realm, there is the Aslanic believe, but not really saw any history about him. Who created this world, are there more then one god, or there is only one? Is there any big end of the world event like Ragnarok? And so on.

So, i decided, to make a free build about this. I got inspired to creat a pantheon for this world, got some good ideas.

Or this is a forbidden topic? Just leave any politics and religious out from this forum?

From what I’ve seen real world religious discussion is frowned upon but the fantasy religions are fine.  I included Neptune the sea god in a shrine in one of my builds and no one seemed to care.  I haven’t seen much in the way of a cohesive story for Historica though.  I could be wrong so I would wait for the guild leaders’ replies.

I was thinking the same before I make another religious war :D If they found this idea great, I hope, they won't make any challenge about this idea, cause I'm sure I will lose it again. :D

18 hours ago, kahir88 said:

Or this is a forbidden topic? Just leave any politics and religious out from this forum?

Definitely real world religions are off limits, though many churches and cemeteries in the guilds still feature crosses prominently without raising objections. Real world politics are also off limits, so no saying “I love President Trump” or “I hate President Trump”, for example (insert Putin, Merkel, Johnson, Macron, Xi, etc., depending on where you live). But in-game politics are fine, so you could say “I love King de Gothia” or “I hate King de Gothia”.

But if you want to create your own pantheon of Historican gods, go for it! Just don’t expect everyone in the guilds to start worshipping them. I am sure every region has its own forms of worship and sacrifice. Aslanic religion is fairly widespread throughout, and the cult of Sana Argenta seems popular in Varlyrio, but there is no official religion or consensus of practice across any guild. I know there is an Eagle goddess in the Rakath Mountains, and undoubtedly many other deities everywhere else, too, that I don’t remember or didn’t see. So be creative! Make up some fantasy gods for your region, as many as you like!