Rogue Angel

GoH Book III

6 hours ago, Jakorin Swiftsword said:

I have truly missed the guilds! Maybe I should finally make my return!

Please do! :wink::thumbup:

Looking at the team which joined Varlyrio at the start of Book III I'd say that there is great potential there.
One challenge and only a couple of months of freebuilds is way to little data to really make predictions how Book III will turn out imho.

On 11/10/2018 at 1:05 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Usually any of the guilds that aren't Avalonia have a somewhat smaller active member base.

Classic "green and bley" Lego castle building is probably what got many of us into this sub-culture of the AFOL subculture to start with?
But I'm glad that I resisted that pull (and had most of my LBG targeted for a large castle build) and chose to try out a tan palette instead :wink:

I am on vacations, internet kínd of a constraint, but really enjoying all the builds and Work from everyone. Keep Them coming. ??

It seems like Avalonia and Mitgardia are the two guilds that have the most 1:1 Lego available to truly bring them to life. Nocturnus and Kaliphlin have always relied on a little extra creativity and the same is true of Varlyrio. One of my favorite things about GoH is the wealth of builders willing to try to make stuff that Lego doesn't lend itself easily to. That includes middle ages Arabic style stuff, the dark fantasy of Nocturnus, and now the Mediterranean and Subterranean flavor of Varlyrio. It's not surprising that there haven't been any Sunken City builds yet, really, but they'll come!

On 12/12/2018 at 8:07 AM, mccoyed said:

One of my favorite things about GoH is the wealth of builders willing to try to make stuff that Lego doesn't lend itself easily to.

Absolutely agree! Without this I would maybe not even have joined the Guilds. It can be a challenge to scrap the parts together for certain factions, but that makes army building all the more satisfying.

Yup. GoH really helps people break up the monotony of similar looking castle builds that use the same set of canonical techniques, too. They are all gorgeous builds but after studying them for a while, it's nice to see really different weird stuff.

(The Full Story Recap has been updated to include the new challenge and it's preludes :classic: )

12 hours ago, TitusV said:

(The Full Story Recap has been updated to include the new challenge and it's preludes :classic: )

11 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Hey, you're fantastic! :thumbup:

You truly are, @TitusV!

Just a little reminder to everyone here:

This is not the place to get into extended and potentially divisive discussions about real-world issues.

If anyone is considering an extended defense or justification of anything that is related to RELIGION or RACISM or SEXISM or real-life POLITICS, please refrain from doing so.  This is not the place for these types of discussions.

It is perfectly acceptable to get into extended discussions about races and culture and politics in GOH, but these should not get argumentative in nature, and you should be able to restrain yourself if you are starting to post something that is getting you worked up, or feeling divisive. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Rogue Angel said:

Just a little reminder to everyone here:

This is not the place to get into extended and potentially divisive discussions about real-world issues.

If anyone is considering an extended defense or justification of anything that is related to RELIGION or RACISM or SEXISM or real-life POLITICS, please refrain from doing so.  This is not the place for these types of discussions.

It is perfectly acceptable to get into extended discussions about races and culture and politics in GOH, but these should not get argumentative in nature, and you should be able to restrain yourself if you are starting to post something that is getting you worked up, or feeling divisive. 

Thanks!

Wrong topic?? :sceptic:

2 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Wrong topic?? :sceptic:

Nope, just a friendly reminder to all.

Not entirely sure where to post this... does one builder have to build all the stages for a community to be recognized on HSS, or can a group of individuals build for the same town and still have it be recognized?

Edited by Grover

5 hours ago, Grover said:

Not entirely sure where to post this... does one builder have to build all the stages for a community to be recognized on HSS, or can a group of individuals build for the same town and still have it be recognized?

Took me a while, but I found the statement that I vaguely remembered:

"It's OK to count someone else's build (cough... Mike S.... cough cough), but at least 75% of your builds must be your own for minimum community requirements." - source

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Took me a while, but I found the statement that I vaguely remembered:

"It's OK to count someone else's build (cough... Mike S.... cough cough), but at least 75% of your builds must be your own for minimum community requirements." - source

Fantastic!  Thanks for finding that!  I remembered reading something, but couldn't remember what or where.  Thank you!

Challenge 3 is scheduled to start May 1st. Look for Prologue builds shortly.

3 hours ago, Rogue Angel said:

That's great news, I'm looking forward to it!

8 hours ago, Rogue Angel said:

Yay! I can't wait! :excited:

On 4/16/2019 at 6:28 AM, Rogue Angel said:

I'll be off my bricks for the whole of June, but hey good stuff anyways! Can't wait to see what's going on this time! :classic:

On 4/16/2019 at 5:28 AM, Rogue Angel said:

Thanks for the update Kevin. Look forward to it!

Well I'm sorry to see that my glorious Nocty has been deactivated during my yearlong absence, but I'm happy to see the guilds are running on schedule these days! I don't know if I'll participate in any challenges for a while given I haven't built in anything in over a year, but I hope to continue building an actual story below the surface of Nocty. As for my actual guild allegiance, I might have to go support the desert, assuming a certain mummy is still on the throne..... 

14 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Well I'm sorry to see that my glorious Nocty has been deactivated during my yearlong absence, but I'm happy to see the guilds are running on schedule these days! I don't know if I'll participate in any challenges for a while given I haven't built in anything in over a year, but I hope to continue building an actual story below the surface of Nocty. As for my actual guild allegiance, I might have to go support the desert, assuming a certain mummy is still on the throne..... 

Welcome back! 

Since Nocty got shelved, do I pick a new guild? I am way late to this. Valyrio looks interesting..always wanted to do a canal thingy.

Edited by Blufiji

7 hours ago, Blufiji said:

Since Nocty got shelved, do I pick a new guild? I am way late to this. Valyrio looks interesting..always wanted to do a canal thingy.

You can choose to stay in Nocty (like @Exetrius) or you can venture out to other lands with the same character or a new one. Established Nocturnians do not have to leave; however, to build and compete in challenges, you do need to be a member of one of the current guilds, at least nominally. For example, you could join Varlyrio, but keep Gal-Turok as your sigfig, building his story in both Nocty and Varlyrio -- perhaps he is visiting orc clans in the western parts of Varlyrio, trying to recruit help to rebuild the devastation left by the Spire. Or perhaps he decided to leave Nocty altogether with his clans, and is seeking a new start elsewhere. He could even set up shop in one of the canal-rich eastern Varlyrian cities, or something. Or you could create a brand-new character, leaving Gal-Turok behind to run the orc clans of Nocty while you explore a new viewpoint on Historica with a different character. It's up to you, though.