Rogue Angel

GoH Book III

54 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

It would be nonsensical to expect the UoP to pack up and move to another location that was more neutral, like Cedrica.

As for AoM, I think it makes sense for EACH guild to have its own version of something similar, but be a separate thing. That is something that makes each guild unique. This is not "Historica" the RBG, but "The Guilds of Historica" the RBG. There needs to be something beyond just land and culture that makes us each special, I think. What remains to be done is the three non-Mitgardian guilds developing their own unique guild-specific challenge. I for one, as the leader of Avalonia, am working on something like that.

Not what I meant, so nevermind.

Edited by Grover

No worries, I was confused.  I think if I try to explain what I was thinking, it's going to make everyone else confused, too, so I'll avoid that. lol  Thanks for the clarification!

3 hours ago, TheBrickAlchemist said:

Just to say... I'll come up whit a sigfig and is background soon but I'll be joining Varlyrio!

Welcome to our island...

Hi

Is there a list or something like that of all the different races of Historica? And also with classes of charachters. Or is it up to each of the builder to come up with them?

Or is there a good wiki or something about the above to refer to? 

On 6/21/2018 at 6:45 PM, Rogue Angel said:

Kaliphlin has Cat people, lions, serpents, undead, lizardfolk, elves, dwarves, gnomes, jackals, eagles, apes, elephants, rhinos

Mitgardia has dwarves, bears, gnomes, elves, yeti, wolves, hawks, cavemen, wights, ogres, cyclops, orcs

Nocturnus has werewolves, goblin, ogres, orcs, ravens, elves, minotaurs, dwarves, dragons, undead, spiders, Medusae, bats, phoenix, vultures

Avalonia has elves, gnomes, fairies, eagles, hawks, drow, merfolk, sprites, fox

The new playable guild Varlyrio also have a variety of races like:

Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Orcs, minotaurs, Goblins, Lionells, Scorpions, Snakelings, Kolgari (Subterranean Elves)

Edited by narbilu

23 minutes ago, narbilu said:

The new playable guild Varlyrio also have a variety of races like:

Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Orcs, minotaurs, Goblins, Lionells, Scorpions, Snakelings, Kolgari (Subterranean Elves)

Great! Is there room for more ;)   I was thinking of Fauns/Satyrs

45 minutes ago, Zilmrud said:

Great! Is there room for more ;)   I was thinking of Fauns/Satyrs

Varlyrio is a land of trade, so many races come pass, some will even stick around

There is always room for more races in Historica! The only limit is what you put on it, really, and keeping it in a sort of medieval fantasy feel (e.g. no robots, or space aliens, or something...though you could use a space alien fig and call it a swamp creature). 

2 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

There is always room for more races in Historica! The only limit is what you put on it, really, and keeping it in a sort of medieval fantasy feel (e.g. no robots, or space aliens, or something...though you could use a space alien fig and call it a swamp creature). 

Thanks! 

Fauns/Satyrs have traditionally been located in Avalonia's forests, and bleed up into Mitgardia, but there could easily be lone travelers outside these Guilds, or other clans/groups in other forested areas.   Again, this is the traditional line of thought, but does not need to be strictly adhered to.  There are many other races that aren't listed that exist in Historica.

1 hour ago, Rogue Angel said:

Fauns/Satyrs have traditionally been located in Avalonia's forests, and bleed up into Mitgardia, but there could easily be lone travelers outside these Guilds, or other clans/groups in other forested areas.   Again, this is the traditional line of thought, but does not need to be strictly adhered to.  There are many other races that aren't listed that exist in Historica.

Aha! Thats even better. My other character is from Avalonia. So their Faun friend make sense ?

On 8/14/2018 at 5:13 PM, Maxim I said:

Not sure if @TitusV has already asked this or started recruiting, but for safety:

Just like every year, this year there is the mega awesome Brick Mania Antwerp (which takes place in Antwerp, Belgium, Europe).

There will be an awesome Pirates display and I am sure Titus wants to beat us making an even more awesome Castle (GoH) display.

It is also the perfect chance to meet some notorious Castle & Pirate builders!

Will attend for sure: @Maxim I, @TitusV, @Sebeus I, @kabel, @Faladrin, @Legostone, @Captain Green Hair, @Exetrius, @Captain Braunsfeld and many more :)

Date: the weekend of the 25th November.

For more information or signing up: pm me :laugh:

Yes, I plan to be there. :grin:

So Nocturnus got killed off.. Can we keep a pinned post there for Nocturnus builds though, not counting for anything and not aligned with book 3, just for people that want to build in that area? Keep the lore going etc?

Dr Rod

That's a great idea.  Since Nocturnus is still buildable and we can tell our stories there, it only makes sense to have a thread dedicated to the builds and style of the area.

8 hours ago, Dr Rod said:

So Nocturnus got killed off.. Can we keep a pinned post there for Nocturnus builds though, not counting for anything and not aligned with book 3, just for people that want to build in that area? Keep the lore going etc?

Dr Rod

Seconded! :thumbup:

I'm a fan too! It's not like some dark wizard ripped a whole guild off and made it dissappear under the sea level, right?

I agree! Nocturnus was and is still a huge part of the Historica lore. 

15 hours ago, Windusky said:

I agree! Nocturnus was and is still a huge part of the Historica lore. 

Was, is, and will continue to be. :knight::thumbup:

Hear ye, hear ye! Or better said: read ye, read ye!

As preparation on a never-finished entry for the lore challenge, I was strolling around the subforum when it dawned to me that all official tales are fragmented, dusty and even semi-forgotten in locked topics which never got pinned or in long since outdated master indices. This felt like a real pity to me, because there's more than six years of collective storybuilding and even better Lego building lost 'out there'. (forgive me if I'm being a bit dramatic, I'm just super glad I'm finally done with this :grin:) But fear no longer!

If you've ever wanted to read up on ALL (or at least almost all, if you think I've forgotten something please tell me!) Guildish history, be happy! I've you ever wanted not having to follow a thousand links or hating the search engine when looking for a certain challenge, be happy! If you've never wanted any of these things, be happy as well!

So, here it is. 203 pages of official Guilds of Historica lore, I hope you enjoy!

8 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Hear ye, hear ye! Or better said: read ye, read ye!

As preparation on a never-finished entry for the lore challenge, I was strolling around the subforum when it dawned to me that all official tales are fragmented, dusty and even semi-forgotten in locked topics which never got pinned or in long since outdated master indices. This felt like a real pity to me, because there's more than six years of collective storybuilding and even better Lego building lost 'out there'. (forgive me if I'm being a bit dramatic, I'm just super glad I'm finally done with this :grin:) But fear no longer!

If you've ever wanted to read up on ALL (or at least almost all, if you think I've forgotten something please tell me!) Guildish history, be happy! I've you ever wanted not having to follow a thousand links or hating the search engine when looking for a certain challenge, be happy! If you've never wanted any of these things, be happy as well!

So, here it is. 203 pages of official Guilds of Historica lore, I hope you enjoy!

Dude. DUDE. DUUUDE!

You beautiful, beautiful person! :cry_happy:

Awesome!  I've been trying to do this for a couple of years.  Unfortunately, I'm only about 2/3 done.  You beat me to it, but I'm glad it's all in one place.  It was quite a challenge to try and dig through everything trying to find it all.  Great job!