Rogue Angel

GoH Book III

Noooooo! @The Maestro, come back!!!

I guess the Summer Joust will be the last Avalonian hurrah for you and ZG, then. You guys will do great things in the new lands far away, I am sure. But I shall miss your builds being part of my land. 

Bran was called to his dad’s quarters. The aged Lord Nar Bilu had saddened eyes, he asked the grown up boy to sit at his table. As Bran sat down, his father started to tell about his early days and how he got his funding for his very first Avalonian army. The brother of Bran’s mother, so his uncle Rashgrall Khoar, travelled to Varlyrio to became one of the most important tradesmen of Historica. He acquired the rights for trading leather on the island and abroad. He established a name, people from all over Historica wanted his leatherwork. On the east coast he purchased a number of buildings in Kashgar, which became one of the largest trading cities of Varlyrio.

Most recently uncle Rashgrall died and Bran’s nephew Throl took over the family business, together with his sister LouLou. Throl wrote Lord Nar Bilu a letter, asking for Bran’s help. He is in dire need of a multi skilled trustee, with enough courage, to deal and trade with the savage encampments of the Eastern Wastelands. With knowledge to track and hunt down targets and the necessary skills to stay alive while doing so. Knowing the recent events in Historica, he figured that Bran could use a challenge. Bran would be made responsible for the special missions. Tracking, trading and hunting for skins that usually don’t go to market.

Bran took some trinkets and souvenirs from his past adventures and stuffed them in a satchel, along with some gear and weapons, which he loaded on a horse. He asked his father to respond to his nephew that he was coming as soon as possible, but he had one more errand to attend to. His last trip was to Barqa, where he convinced a friend to join his quest to Varlyrio.

A few days later, the towers of Barqa were needle points at the end of the horizon. Bran and Marlowe sat at the bow of the ship, with wind stroking their hair. Bran managed to talk Marlowe in to joining on their adventure. Marlowe is a large Lionelle with a charismatic face and the ability to persuade the most stubborn creature. The two talked for days on their sailing trip to the east coast of Varlyrio. When they arrived in the riches of Kashgar, they discussed every detail of their plan to the last dot.

They were welcomed by Throl and LouLou, his sister. After a long talk, they shook hands and Bran was introduced to the people of Kashgar as family. Bran of Khoar.

[picture will be added soon]

SPOILER

Varlyrio thread will open August 1st...

Edited by narbilu

When is the Historica Lore challenge due?  July 31 or August 18?  I assume it's one of those, either before allegiances are declared or before Book 3 starts.

Oh no, TM... And ZG... It won't be the same without you guys! :wacko:

But hey, with the two of you I'm sure Varlyrio will be pretty cool (though not as cool as Avalonia, of course :tongue: let's make the SJ a nice farewell party!)

47 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Oh no, TM... And ZG... It won't be the same without you guys! :wacko:

But hey, with the two of you I'm sure Varlyrio will be pretty cool (though not as cool as Avalonia, of course :tongue: let's make the SJ a nice farewell party!)

15 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Noooooo! @The Maestro, come back!!!

I guess the Summer Joust will be the last Avalonian hurrah for you and ZG, then. You guys will do great things in the new lands far away, I am sure. But I shall miss your builds being part of my land. 

Haha why do you guys say that? I am sure a mixed team would be a great way of improving relations between our two guilds. 

7 hours ago, Grover said:

When is the Historica Lore challenge due?  July 31 or August 18?  I assume it's one of those, either before allegiances are declared or before Book 3 starts.

July 31, but if you are working on something and can wrap it up by August 1st or 2nd, post here and we can delay the deadline a couple of days.

I"ll try and get it done today, but if I run into trouble, I'll post here for an extra day.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Rogue Angel said:

July 31, but if you are working on something and can wrap it up by August 1st or 2nd, post here and we can delay the deadline a couple of days.

Oh darn... I'm on holiday, and i won"t see lego til the 5 of august... I just came with a really good idea...

Ailhbe d'Carraig of Lesser Burren declares allegiance to Avalonia for Book III! I'm new to Guilds of Historica, and I'm hoping to improve as a builder over Book III. I was told I could post here and in Avalonia's Book II thread.

853397301_DeclaringforAvalonia.jpg.28cd509a7aa892a5b808ae3c7661e2a1.jpg

Name: Ailhbe d'Carraig

Weapons of Choice: Longbow, Boar Spear, Axe

Biography: Baroness Ailhbe d’Carraig hails from Lesser Burren, a wind-swept, rocky fief northwest of Albion. There, she learned to use the longbow and boar spear protecting the family’s sheep from wolves, boars, and those desperate enough to poach from the baron. There are many and more of the latter in Lesser Burren, where growing seasons are cut short by cold winds from Mitgardia. 

Since donning (however symbolically) the Bramble Crown of Lesser Burren, Ailhbe has leaned heavily on her uncle Olrann for guidance. Her people, never wealthy, suffered from the drow raids and struggle even now to recover. Ailhbe poured much of her family’s meager wealth into rebuilding Baile Oiliean, the only village in Lesser Burren. 

With the coffers nearing empty and the village still in shambles, Ailhbe has left Uncle Olrann as castellan of their tower house and the de facto ruler of Lesser Burren. She sets out to find a way to bring some prosperity to a corner of Avalonia that hasn’t had it in a long time.

Ailhbe herself is a baroness who leads by example, and she still participates in caring for the sheep. Though kind toward her people, she maintains an insular, provincial worldview toward outsiders. A broad, tall woman, she regularly spars with her House's guards and will ride with the Flight of Dragons in Book Three!

Edited by Ailhbe

1 hour ago, kahir88 said:

Oh darn... I'm on holiday, and i won"t see lego til the 5 of august... I just came with a really good idea...

This deadline is for the lore challenge - no building involved.

2 hours ago, Rogue Angel said:

This deadline is for the lore challenge - no building involved.

Yeah, i know. just tought it would be great, if I build something, for the lore challenge. After all, this is a building community.

I will try to write down the lore, and the story around it. and will create the build later.

@Ailhbe Welcome to Avalonia! Glad to have you with us for Book III!

And my own contribution to the Historica Lore Challenge:

Our tale begins shrouded in the mists of time.

It was with the anointing of the first King of Historica that the long darkness ended. The early days had been filled with terrible wars, clan against clan, race against race; Men of the Lion battled Men of the Falcon, and all Men were beset by armies of Orcs and the undead. Those days came to a close at last after a council of the wisest men and women, of all races, convened in the last Great City of the Old World, Cedrica. The wise sought a way to unite the warring factions under one banner, to usher in an age of stability, prosperity, peace, and happiness for all. They formed four great Guilds, realms in their own right: Avalonia in the West, Kaliphlin in the South, Mitgardia in the North, and Nocturnus in the East, to foster trade. And to rule over it all impartially, to keep everything running smoothly and to settle grievances, the first King was anointed, a Man from an ancient family well-regarded and well-respected by all.

The early days of the rule of the Kings were exactly what the wise had hoped: bustling trade routes sprang up between newly built cities, trades and crafts and arts were flourishing, and finally even the poorest had enough to eat. The sound of music, not battle, was heard on every street corner, and songs, not curses, rang out in every hall. When the first King died, his son took his place, and his son after him, and on through a long line of noble rulers.

But the good times would not last forever. Dark magics slept under the land, magics that were awakened by the Black Mage Victor Revolword. Elemental monsters wreaked havoc across the land and Revolword, the Elemental Helm on his head, ascended the throne. But his reign would be short.

The Black Mage was slain by heroes of the united guilds and the Elemental Helm was destroyed. But the chaos of those dark times had altered the harmony of the lands, and a new dark power arose in the East: the Black Spire, with the dread Lord Raavage at its head.

Soon the Darklands of Nocturnus were all but under Raavage’s iron fist, with only pockets of resistance remaining. The other guilds were powerless to assist their friends in Nocturnus, for the Drow arose in Avalonia, along with a crippling plague; the Algus, a new enemy, swept down from the Frozen Beyond to try to conquer Mitgardia; and an ancient ruler arose from the dead, the Desert King, to throw Kaliphlin into utter chaos.

It was learned that all these sinister threads could somehow be traced back to the web at the center, spun by the Lord Raavage, as he sought to destroy the guilds and rule them for himself. To complete his dark plans, he needed the Necromancer’s Helm, a relic of dark magic that could give him complete power over the dead. And he had found the map to the Helm.

All seemed utterly dark.

But in the darkness a new ray of hope shone: a rumor circled that the heir to the throne of Cedrica had been found! Inspired by this new hope, once again the guilds united, and heroes arose to again combat the darkness. Raavage was destroyed by the cunning of brave mages and his own greed, and his army crumbled against the might of the united guilds.

Peace had been restored, but at a cost. The lands lay in ruins, ravaged by countless wars. It was time to rebuild. In this tattered but hopeful world, the newly-anointed Queen Ylspeth, daughter of the murdered king, began her rule, ending the time of darkness.

This is the world of Historica. Heroes, arise, and reclaim the glory of the Guilds!

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Mikkel Winter-Stone will be back for Book III in Mitgardia!

28837632657_27364c5cd3_c.jpg

Looking forward to another year in Historica. :sweet:

First, welcome Ailhbe!  What an awesome fig and backstory!  I look forward to your builds. 

Secondly, I am going to have to bow out of the lore contest.  I have a sick infant as of this evening, and HQ has done a great TV-guide summary.  I am working on a comprehensive history that I will have to share with everyone later, just not for a title unfortunately.

41968660590_48dc5b4541_z.jpgGoH Character by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

(temporary picture; I just wanted to get this in before the deadline)

Fingon is an old elf, one of the last of his generation in Historica, and has seen the trials and suffering in his time. In his long rule over the Kingdom of Anfalas, he has sought to keep his kingdom in isolation, shielded from the destruction of war the past few millennia have brought to Historica. Known for its production of fine crafts and fine wine, the latter of which is enjoyed in the royal court by the wealthy, Anfalas has prospered in its self sufficiency. But with the coronation of a new monarch in Cedrica, Fingon seeks to expand Anfalas's influence outside of its borders, perhaps to the throne room of the royal court itself.

10 hours ago, mrcp6d said:

Mikkel Winter-Stone will be back for Book III in Mitgardia!

Looking forward to another year in Historica. :sweet:

Hooray! Super excited to have you in Mitgardia again :excited:

42883857495_0010e6aa07_z.jpg

Makny Annensen, the Shadow of the Tårkyst, stands with the Jarl through what trials may come.

Just now, The Stad said:

Makny Annensen, the Shadow of the Tårkyst, stands with the Jarl through what trials may come.

Woot woot! Very glad to hear you're staying in the north :thumbup:

1 hour ago, The Stad said:

42883857495_0010e6aa07_z.jpg

Excellent crew, where did you find the white collars @The Stad

Edited by narbilu

2 hours ago, narbilu said:

Excellent crew, where did you find the white collars @The Stad

Thanks! I bricklinked those collars before having any in hand and realized afterwards that they don’t allow most hair styles and only a few hats/helmets. Most dwarf helmets fit fine, but those Ultron helmets are a little loose on the heads right now...

29771195702_043d32cd78_z.jpg

Uridius Dratiphe remains forever loyal to Mitgardia!!!

Unfortunately, he's not my main character anymore... :grin: :laugh:

Varlyrio, here we come!  Bjarke De Fiori - 

43794638961_e44093528c_z.jpg

So... It's been quite a while since I've had a presence here on Eurobricks, and I'm not sure how many (if any) of you remember me, but a long time ago I said I'd likely return when Book III rolled around.

And so, here I am, in my full glory and with a new GoH sigfig coming soon. I'm excited to get back into the LEGO swing of things!

It's a shame so many of you are committing to lesser Guilds when the greatest of the Guilds has yet to be revealed...