Rogue Angel

GoH Book III

I’d like to sign up for Book III

Currently I’m in the process of creating my sigfig and deciding between 2 Guilds ?

Sir Gunman the Lurikeen remains loyal to Mitgardia 

(will post pic soon) 

On 6/29/2018 at 6:18 PM, ZCerberus said:

The reborn Lord Trian Burress has retaken his home in... Mesodraconem, AVALONIA!

It reminds me of my favoured LOTR title, the Return of the King [insert spectacular music]

Welcome home, lord Buress!

Family-small.jpg
Eryl Storrar of Harburg is already a staunch Mitgardian despite his young age.
From left to right: Karin Storrar, Eryl and Elise (twins), Karsten Storrar.

Eryl's parents, Karsten and Karin, are the Lord and Lady of Harburg, while his uncle is Sir Glorfindel - Karsten's younger brother.

Nym-small.jpg

Nym is a Dwelf from Alnya. While visiting the harbor front to deliver some of his seeds to a customer, Nym had spotted an exotic plant aboard one of the trading ships.
He couldn't resist the urge to go take a closer look, but unfortunately while Nym was still on board the ship set sail for Kaliphlin! While sad to have left his close friends and fellow Dwelfs behind, Nym was glad to have the chance of exploring new lands and discovering so many fascinating vegetation types that he had never seen in Alnya.
For now, Nym happily resides in Kaliphlin where he has met many new friends.

What islandy guilds are being considered? From the "Safe Haven" challenge?

39 minutes ago, mccoyed said:

What islandy guilds are being considered? From the "Safe Haven" challenge?

Varlryio

I will make a sigfig who will cross the mountains with a group of Human refugees and leave Nocturnus for the green, verdant forests of Avalonia, to found a new city, far from the swamps and chaos of their old home.

Buuut I haven't been able to get all of the pieces, so it may take a wee while.

It's been a long winter.

The Guilds Are Alive Again!

All across Mitgardia there is a constant vigil kept.

The Algus, have been kept at bay but only because loyal Mitgardians have guarded the North.

Wyndor and his men are some of those faithful warriors.

Winter may have taken its toll, but Summer is here now.

11 minutes ago, cablefoxley said:

I assume we can remain in the same guild, but change sigfig? 

Yes, that is perfectly fine. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, mrcp6d said:

@MKJoshA Where'd that hair come from?  Looks pretty awesome.

It's from the Justice League movie Aquaman.

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

It's from the Justice League movie Aquaman.

Added to BL wanted list :wink:

If Valyrio is going to be open to join, shouldn't that decision be made sooner, rather than later?  Since there's only a month left to declare allegiances for Book 3, I think all the options should be in front of the players by now.  

Just my two cents, I'll still be building for Mitgardia regardless...

Yeah, if Varlyrio is opened up it may change a lot of peoples' minds since it may seem like an exciting new area. That said, is V's culture/architectural background really distinct enough from the other Guilds, especially Kali? My other concern would be people reposting BBoS builds with minifigs swapped around. I don't know if I have a problem with that really, but it might be worth considering.

1 hour ago, mccoyed said:

Yeah, if Varlyrio is opened up it may change a lot of peoples' minds since it may seem like an exciting new area. That said, is V's culture/architectural background really distinct enough from the other Guilds, especially Kali? My other concern would be people reposting BBoS builds with minifigs swapped around. I don't know if I have a problem with that really, but it might be worth considering.

I think it'd be a lot of work actually to make a BoBS build legitimately Varlyian.  There's no Venice theme in BoBS and the gunpowder time period difference would also make it tough.

There are similarities between Varlyrio and some of what's been done in Kali but it's never really been pushed to its full potential in Kaliphlin so I don't think that's a problem.  And if Varlyrio is opened it will become more and more distinct as its builders give it their own touch.

I think we've more or less only seen buildings from the Varlyrian capital so far...?
I would probably safely assume that Venice cannot be called representative for all of medieval Italy and that Varlyrio is much the same, only with more fantastical features too? :classic:

4 hours ago, Gideon said:

I think we've more or less only seen buildings from the Varlyrian capital so far...?
I would probably safely assume that Venice cannot be called representative for all of medieval Italy and that Varlyrio is much the same, only with more fantastical features too? :classic:

Hmm yeah, I guess there's a mainland Varlyrio too, but still, not a ton of overlap with the colonial style of most BoBS builds.  Personally I wouldn't worry about build re-use.

I'v been considering joining for some time, but haven't really had the bricks sorted and available to do so efficiently.

That said, I would have been joining Nocturnus.  Is it not a popular region?  If it is removed, I'd have to reconsider joining, and would likely choose Valyrio simply for the novelty of it, although Kaliphlin also appeals to me.  Most of my builds are likely to be more suitable to Nocturnus in one way or another.

x105Black, we would love to have you!

I would second The Stad in his suggestion to make the decision soon if Nocturnus will be closed and Valyrio will be opened to give people time to decide, especially by researching Valyrio a bit.

Personally, I would like to see all 5 guilds opened up.  I had the impression that Kaliphlin had the fewest active members at the moment, but perhaps this is not correct?  Would it be appropriate to post a poll topic asking people which guild they would build for if all 5 were open?  I think that would encompass all the current active members if it were left open for a few weeks, and may give a better idea of the popularity of each of the guilds.

A bit more off topic, I was under the impression that Valyrio was more reniassance flavored?  Is it supposed to be more Italian, Venice area specifically?

28888303562_6a57b65882.jpg

Armies will be forged, battles will be fought and Nar Bilu will overcome! But where is still the question. With the new Queen, Lord Nar Bilu and his army will be loyal to her and where his services are needed...

Will he set sail to Varlyrio, head back to Hemresa in Avalonia or fight his battles along the Kaliphlin/Nocturnus borders? This is not determined yet!

Edited by narbilu

The Wolf Brigade is still in Avalonia,and they will remain in this great Guild!

I kept my sig.fig, just made a little upgrade for him, and his two generals:

Conrad the Sly

42483669804_3d589647db_n.jpg

Zan the Black Arrow, And Lok the Wild One

28333009167_b4a4e4972e_n.jpg

Edited by kahir88

Fair points re: Varlyrio. I agree with Grover that it would be nice to see all 5 opened up.