Rogue Angel

GoH Book III

Book III will be starting on August 19th.  Queen Ylspeth has taken the throne, reestablishing the royal line, as well as stability in Historica. (courtesy of Henjin Quilones, winner of Challenge V from Book II)

Guild Allegiance

With the transition from Book II to Book III, all existing Historica members have the option to switch guilds, or remain with their existing guilds.  Please declare your allegiance by posting a picture of your sigfig in this thread below.  If you are keeping your current guild and character, you can the keep your current sigfig makeup, but you are encouraged to update your sigfig in the time that has passed in Historica by providing a new picture of your character.

There is the possibility that one of the Guilds may be retired if there is not enough interest.  If this happens, any existing members of that Guild would have the option to remain in and build within that Guild, but a retired Guild will not be able to accrue points with Challenges or Free-builds.  (Please don't ask for clarification on this, because we don't know if it will happen yet.)

Allegiances must be posted by AUGUST 1ST for the official Guild count.  As always, members that have not pledged their allegiance by this point will be able to declare after the 1st, but members will not be able to switch Guilds once their allegiance has been posted in this thread.

Historica Lore

I doubt anyone has noticed this, but the lore of historica is slightly daunting to review.  Members are invited to provide a brief synopsis of the history of the Guilds that covers the basics of Historica prior to Book I, The period covered by Book I and the period covered by Book II.  You do not need to cover specific Guild history, only the history of Historica as a whole. 

Feel free to post your synopsis in any format that you would like (paragraphs, bullet points, etc.) but the one rule is this:

You must be able to read the synopsis in 3 minutes or less.  (Don't ask for specifics on this about reading speed or word counts - use your best judgement).

The member that posts the best synopsis (as judged by the collective consciousness of the Nocturnus Pie population) will be granted the title of Historica Lore-Master.

Historica Reborn

There has been a very large gap between Book II and Book III.  Kids, work, real life have gotten in the way, but we are ready to move forward in the vein of Book I.  We have incorporated some willing guild members to support the Guilds Leaders in running Book III.  These guild members have shown dedication to Historica over the past few years, and will be key to the success of Book III. 

The chapters of Book III will be occurring every 4 months (August, December, April) and a month and a half will be provided to complete each challenge.  We will also be revitalizing some of the non-challenge events like the Age of Mitgardia, Albion-esque City building and the HSS.

Avalonia will be purged of all territories, and will revert to the placement of Cities, similar to Kaliphlin, so you won't have to worry about encroaching on what members have historically done.

Many devoted members have continued to post and contribute during the "dark ages" of Historica, and thanks to them, we are able to move back in to the full swing of things.  We want to make the Guilds a fun place to post fantasy builds, flesh out your worlds and ideas, and make friends that share your interest in building castle and fantasy with Lego.

Hereby I, [insert name] of a city yet to be founded and of a background yet to be revealed, pledge fealty to the pearl among the guilds. 

42014196105_1b26bf8c21_c.jpg

Up Avalonia, up! Let them fear the Dragon's Flight!

----

OOC: yiehaaaaaa! I've been waiting for this so long (you don't wanna knowhow old that build is, really), I can't believe it's actually happening! :grin: A big thanks to the leadership - even though it took some time, you guys did what was needed (great initiative to clear the lore a bit, for example). Also, congratulations to @Henjin_Quilones, seems like you beat me :tongue: Well deserved, I'd say!

Edited by TitusV

Heenjin barely edged you out. Your entry was excellent!

You can go ahead and name your City whatever you would like.

Lord Gideon of Barqa will remain loyal to Kaliphlin also in this new age!

(Entry will be updated with a picture and a brief character synopsis when I’m back at a computer)

Gal Turok will forever be fighting for the swamps of Nocturnus...and I'll update with a new pic soon.

I will be sticking with Kaliphlin, but there will be a character change coming, An upcoming build will sort it all out.

Great to see that Book III will be kicking off soon!

Now would be a good time for some of us to invite our LEGO building friends, who aren't already in the guilds, to join in on the fun :classic:

Lord de Gothia of Sionnach remains loyal to the mighty guild of Avalonia! His two sons Albion and Elijah have become older, aswell as de Gothia.

42924994751_53c3eb2d99.jpg

Edited by de Gothia

@deGothia, I can see he likes the looks of his father in law:wink:

2 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

This might be a good time for me to get re-involved with the Guilds :classic:

Awesome, would be great to have you back again!

8 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

This might be a good time for me to get re-involved with the Guilds :classic:

Yes! The guilds need more dragon influence again :thumbup:

Wow. I was hoping this would be coming soon! I am strongly considering a change of Guild to challenge myself to build in new styles (I won't abandon AoM and the Yureishima Saga though). I am thinking Kaliphlin and a non-human sigfig. Does anyone remember what the racial makeup of Historica is? I know that almost all the major Lego possibilities are represented everywhere, but IIRC Kali has specific tribes of cat-people and so on?

Kaliphlin has Cat people, lions, serpents, undead, lizardfolk, elves, dwarves, gnomes, jackals, eagles, apes, elephants, rhinos

Mitgardia has dwarves, bears, gnomes, elves, yeti, wolves, hawks, cavemen, wights, ogres, cyclops, orcs

Nocturnus has werewolves, goblin, ogres, orcs, ravens, elves, minotaurs, dwarves, dragons, undead, spiders, Medusae, bats, phoenix, vultures

Avalonia has elves, gnomes, fairies, eagles, hawks, drow, merfolk, sprites, fox

I'm sure I'm missing some, and there is some crossover with a lot of these.

That's a pretty good rundown. Thanks, Rogue.

EDIT: I had a thought with regard to trying to get summaries made for the Guild history as well as the risk of low support translating to a cut Guild. Why don't we do a soft challenge to have Guildies promote their guilds for new people and vets who might be looking for a change? It could work almost like a recruitment drive. A chance to promote your Guild via its unique history and flavor while also serving as a way to establish whatever the status quo is going to be for each Guild going in to Book 3.

Edited by mccoyed

I like mccoyed's idea of a soft promotional challenge.  That could be fun to kickstart things and gauge interest per guild.

My time has been extremely limited since I joined, moreso than I expected or wanted, although I hope to be more on top of things when I return home later in July and I have been reading the posts and keeping up with the guilds.  Because of this, I have not had the chance to further the story of Lady Gwenllian much, so Lady Gwenllian will remain loyal to Avalonia, and will reuse her original picture since little has changed for her.  I will update it when I return home with her household.

irceHMM.jpg

I had one build about 90% done when I had to leave for a family medical emergency; hopefully I can get that posted before August 1.

I, Lord Faladrin, Prince of Falahuas, still remain loyal to Avalonia.

44333328222_2e51700962_z.jpg

Exiled from his birth village after the death of his father and the slaughter of his village by The Drow when avalonia was at war, Faladrin wandered around the Mystical Forest to survive.

He lived from hunting and gathering a while. But when tracking down a deer in the forest he fell upon strange creatures which attcked him. He fell unconscious hit by a poisonous arow and thought he was dead when he was saved by an elf Lady who succeded at making the creatures step back. She healed him a long time and saved his life.

He fell in love with the Lady Elf named Wallaheria and they got married. But the Drow continued their carnage and reached the elf domain. The battle was hard and the Elfs were outnumbered. The Drow destroyed and Pillaged the Elf country and ruined the Liitle city of Falahuas; their main port.

Faladrin, accompanied by a group of human wanderers and outcasts chased the Drows and developed the work to rebuild and reconnect Falahuas to the rest of Avalonia. He repaired the main roads and rebuilt some outposts. With the help of the Avalonian protection, the city of Falahuas was saved and now, with the fall of Lord Raavage, the Drow are defeated. It is time to rebuild and to heal.

The elf techniques allowed the little city to grow a great fleet of high sea capable vessels which enabled Faladrin to explore new oppotunities at sea. He is hoping to develop more new commercial routes now. It will be time for exploration !

Yeah ! Book III is near to be ready ! Great news ! (I will hug a tree to celebrate :grin: !)

Edited by Faladrin

Well, I was definitely wondering when Book 3 would come and I'll admit that I'm pretty excited for this. I'm going to stick with Avalonia and probably my character because I made some good memories here with that character, but with a few minor changes. A little disappointed about the whole land thing in Avalonia being done away with though, because I had some plans to flesh out my character's lands and all, but I'll be fine I guess. I will post my character and a slightly changed backstory soon. 

Alright, I've been wanting to join for a year now, and I have finally decided to jump in on the fun, what better time to start than with a new book. :) I would like to join Avalonia, and I'll have an intro near the time when Book 3 is released. :) I'll go sign up in the Book II Avalonia thread. :) Anything else I need to do until I get my character intro for Book III? Thanks! (Sorry for being unexperienced, I may be asking this in the wrong thread, but once I get started, I won't be so needy. ;) )

1 hour ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Alright, I've been wanting to join for a year now, and I have finally decided to jump in on the fun, what better time to start than with a new book. :) I would like to join Avalonia, and I'll have an intro near the time when Book 3 is released. :) I'll go sign up in the Book II Avalonia thread. :) Anything else I need to do until I get my character intro for Book III? Thanks! (Sorry for being unexperienced, I may be asking this in the wrong thread, but once I get started, I won't be so needy. ;) )

Lol, same for me. I also would like to join Avalonia. I may not make all challenges, but I will be there for important ones.

I would also suggest opening up Valeryio.  Personally, I will continue to build in Avalonia, but I think that a new guild may drive some more interest.  Maybe others have different opinions (i.e., a 5th guild will dilute membership even more in specific guilds, etc.), I don't know.

29176234658_81e0505313_c.jpg

Henjin Quilones, Master of the Druidi Order, remains with the Guild of Avalonia, along with his wife, Galaria the Exile, Mistress of Dragons. They have returned from their adventures in Mwamba and Bandari, and will take up residence somewhere deep in the Mystic Isles, since they were exiled from the elvish kingdom of Hesperia. Master Henjin will seek to rebuild the Avalonian Druids and find the ancient relic that lies hidden in the Isles, while Galaria will work to establish a haven for dragon riders to train and live. 

Dr Rod is still alive (I think..) and still hanging out in the NW peaks of the Rakath Mountains and is an exiled Avalonian alchemist (from a long time ago..).

I'll make a new profile pic up and add it to this later.

Dr Rod

The reborn Lord Trian Burress has retaken his home in... Mesodraconem, AVALONIA!

I also don't see a need to be too sketchy here- we are investigating closing Nocturnus as playable and opening the fifth guild in that islandy region for play.

This doesn't mean Nocty won't be important or anything is going to happen to it's history or existence, it is just possibly going to take a vacation to add a little more energy.