Xon67

Assembling Cloud Cuckoo Land

@krisandkris12. NDLG80 is researching part availability.  Seeing as he's built several of the modular from The LEGO Movie, I think he may just pull it off.

@x105Black & @Wout. Thanks for the comments!

Edited by Xon67

Thanks, @ionman

Here's the Cloud Cuckoo credits scene from the LEGO Movie.

30725083767_ee05512a33_c.jpg

While maybe not "official"  the Lego Movie video game has quite a few interesting builds in Cloud Cockoo land.

4 hours ago, Gomek said:

While maybe not "official"  the Lego Movie video game has quite a few interesting builds in Cloud Cockoo land.

The non official builds are the best ones :-)
Thanks to @Xon67 we get to see a closer look at them....

Well after some time with part collecting and probably around 30hrs + of building time, I finally completed my absolute favourite creation from the Lego Movie.... the Master Builder Submarine!!!
Thanks so much to @Xon67 for sharing his photos of the movie accurate rendered version that seriously helped me build this beast..
48629725682_1219a0e221_z.jpgTLM Master Builder Submarine-1 copy by Nath D, on Flickr
48629725202_9afe6e3d1d_z.jpgTLM Master Builder Submarine-2 copy by Nath D, on Flickr
48629726202_e7ec118717_z.jpgTLM Master Builder Submarine Collage by Nath D, on Flickr

Dude you are making me come out of reterment for this. this is one serious awsome build man.

Excellent workmanship.

@NDLG80. That looks amazing!  I wish I could see it in person to see how you pulled of some of the trickier areas.  Did you have to make many substitutions for part/color combinations that don't exist?

7 hours ago, Xon67 said:

@NDLG80. That looks amazing!  I wish I could see it in person to see how you pulled of some of the trickier areas.  Did you have to make many substitutions for part/color combinations that don't exist?

Thanks heaps @Xon67 
There were certainly a bunch of part substitutions made for parts that weren't available in the correct colours, specifically the 1x3 normal/inverted slopes, but nothing that affected the overall appearance of the build thankfully.
And I did have to use a small amount of Kragle on the dream catcher, but everything else connected nicely :-)

Thought I'd add a new post of something I built last year that's kinda Cloud Cuckoo Land related as it's Unikitty Land that is featured in both the Unikitty cartoons (which I can't bring myself to watch) and the Lego Movie 2..
Saw pictures of the real brick build of this prop that was featured on display in the Lego House in Denmark and loved the build, so I had to give it a try...

I still think we need an "Assembling Apocolypseburg" thread @Xon67 :-)
48125594261_b5548bc606_z.jpgUnikitty Unikingdom Palace1 by Nath D, on Flickr

48125625093_b26f0024b4_z.jpgUnikitty Unikingdom Palace2 by Nath D, on Flickr