Xon67

Assembling Cloud Cuckoo Land

I have a handful of models from Cloud Cuckoo Land that I've wanted to do.  Here's the first one.  Stick around, there's more to come!

41044239270_eca7c0394e_c.jpg

Oh look, it's Ducky Momo!

Seriously, was this actually in the movie? I know I saw something similar in Lego Dimensions, but . . . seriously? Wow. XD

@Feng-huang0296. I call it Ducky Momo as well!  I didn't know how many other people would catch that reference.

Yep, it's in the movie.  The entire cast is standing on the head of Ducky Momo when WyldStyle says, "You just said, "no," like, a thousand times," and Batman says, "I hate this place."

1 hour ago, Xon67 said:

@Feng-huang0296. I call it Ducky Momo as well!  I didn't know how many other people would catch that reference.

Yep, it's in the movie.  The entire cast is standing on the head of Ducky Momo when WyldStyle says, "You just said, "no," like, a thousand times," and Batman says, "I hate this place."

No bushy mustaches! :head_back:

This is going to be amazing. All the work you've done recreating the movie builds is astounding. Now unikitty land gets the Xon67 treatment. :excited:

@Xon67 OOooo I look forward to whats in store for your Cloud Cuckoo Land builds.... Does this mean we might .....see.... the....... SUBMARINE???? :-) :-) :-)
Please do the mid sized version as that'd be a cool one to try and replicate :-)
Awesome work mate as always!!

@koalayummies. Thanks!  I plan on only posting a few builds in this topic.  I won't have as many models as the other topics.

@NDLG80. Yep!  The submarine is coming!

@anothergol. Ducks everywhere!  Thanks for sharing.

Here's one of the Master Builder flyers from Metal Beard's tales of woe.

42950887722_882d819263_c.jpg

6 hours ago, Xon67 said:

Another Master Builder flyer.

Nice. How is the front end of the banana connected to the middle part?

Edited by BrickJagger

This is really awesome.  Thanks for posting these.  It just serves to remind me how much I loved these barely-seen models.

@BrickJagger. Here you go.  Hope this helps.

29302961658_20b15500e6_c.jpg

@x105Black. They certainly are whimsical, aren't they?  A lot of fun in just a few bricks.

Edited by Xon67

On 7/3/2018 at 10:10 AM, Xon67 said:

@BrickJagger. Here you go.  Hope this helps.

That's pretty neat. For a second there I thought that the pieces were floating in front of each other :grin:

Edited by BrickJagger

@BrickJagger. I have a mutant ability to levitate ABS.  ;-P

Here's the last of the Octan invasion flyers.

43290955031_00e6eac045_c.jpg

Next up--The Master Builder submarine!

11 hours ago, Xon67 said:

Here's the last of the Octan invasion flyers.

Next up--The Master Builder submarine!

That looks great!

Looking forward to that sub!

Love these mini builds @Xon67

In line with Benny's enthusiasm...
SUBMARINE!!! SUBMARINE!!  SUBMARINE!!!
Please share multiple angles of the sub once done if possible to do as well? :-)

Here ya go!  Starting off with a familiar view.  This is just shy of 100 studs long and is made of over 3,300 bricks (without an internal structure).  There are only a handful of "floating" bricks.

42539903845_fd3c5a33f2_c.jpg

More views to come.

Edited by Xon67

On 7/16/2018 at 5:13 PM, Xon67 said:

Here ya go!  Starting off with a familiar view.  This is just shy of 100 studs long and is made of over 3,300 bricks (without an internal structure).  There are only a handful of "floating" bricks.

More views to come.

AWESOME!!! @Xon67
Looks amazing, one of the coolest builds in the Lego Movie world....
Something I'd love to build to complete my Lego Movie 1 set collection, however 3300 parts (not including internal supports) Wow, what an expensive beast it would be ;-)
Very curious to see the other side details and if there is room for a double decker couch inside ;-)
Thanks for sharing!!

Edited by Pandora
Please don't quote images

Here's the other side.  We don't get to see all of it at once in the movie.

29710492268_7fce3cc98a_c.jpg

Edited by Xon67

@Xon67 Can I say AWESOME!!!!! again?? :-D :-D
This is such a stand out build from everything else from the movie, so much awesome detail and colours...
Do you think this could be built without stability issues as I'd definately love to give this one a try :-)

@NDLG80. It would be fun to build, wouldn't it? 

Overall, the main structure holds together very well.  On my model, I have a few floating parts; the portholes the pig's mask and cheeks, a few pieces on the tail fin, and a couple pieces of WyldStyle's graffiti.  Most of these would be easy to fix with some slight substitutions. 

I think the main effort would be in identifying any part/color combinations that don't actually exist.  I try to recreate what's on the screen and don't stop to check which parts/colors have actually been produced.

Thanks for the insight on the build @Xon67 :-)
Just from the images so far I have checked Bricklink to find a bunch of parts that don't exit in those colours (as we knew would be the case), so I would have to search for the closest looking part that does exist in trying to replace them...

What an amazing build if all can be converted to real bricks :-)