Professor Thaum

[SR - FB2 Jun 18] White gold for Tortuga

The shallow waters all around Tortuga are a good experimental ground for the settlers, trying a new fishing technic with tide and artificial pool, they had the surprise to have massive salt deposits when the water evaporate.

So they decide to harvest this salt.

The first salterns of Tortuga were born...

k0ld.png

ajpm.png

qu5t.png

C&C welcome, will be licenced as a a medium "plantation" for Tortuga after approval by GMs

I was just about to build a salt-marsh myself after some research into Dutch colonial island economies. Very nice how you have build this one and a very good representation of how they used to look. 

I think you captured the bacteria-colored graduate change to purple very well. Maybe a build with real LEGO would give it more charm

Nice job! I like the coastline and the round bricks for the dams. But the sluces really stand out for me.

The excevation is a nice addition too. Maybe you could add a non renderd screen shot of how you intended the colours. 

Bart

Very nice LDD build Thaum. I like how clean and neat everything is. However everyone knows that the best salt comes from a mine. Preferably in Mesabi Landing! :pir-laugh: