1. 1. How do you rate this polybag?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_6705_157_22742.png

Hello everyone,

I just bought this marvelous polybag at a heartbeat and I am excited to share this simple reviewing coverage with our fellow Eurobricks Community. Anyone could have guess that this latest exclusive 30615 Edna Mode polybag. This exclusive polybag is is part of the latest Disney sequel of Incredibles 2 movie. In this case, this polybag is only made available in console purchases and is part of the free gifts for PS4 and Xbox 360 for the new Incredibles 2 video-games. I did not buy the game itself as I am not into LEGO video-games lately and I don't think I will play it on my PS4. Hence, I thought of getting this lovely minifigure at a premium price in a secondary market. Without further ado, let's see if is worth my extra efforts to collect this polybag today. 

Name: 30615 Edna Mode
Theme: LEGO Juniors / Incredibles 2 
Year: 2018
Pieces: 4
Minifigs: 1 minifigure
Price: USD NA, GBP NA, EURO NA, SGD NA
Resources: Brickset, Bricklink

An original polybag image of the 30615 Edna Mode
42804530602_c4c87fb05c_o_d.jpg

Back view of the original polybag image of the 30615 Edna Mode
42804530452_0f6b9898aa_o_d.jpg

Special exclusive minifigure which only can be found in a game console giveaway
27984368737_c4c87fb05c_o_d.jpg

I am elated to acquire this minifigure and largely because I am a fan of the Incredibles movie. This polybag is part of the 2018 LEGO Juniors release which feature the latest Incredibles 2 sets. I wanted to complete this series but unfortunately I had a missed opportunity and probably be getting the minifigures through Bricklink or some other means. I will love to complete the whole minifigures and showcase the amazing prowess of the Incredibles Family. Although this polybag is only made available as part of promotional giveaway which even include a game code of "BRAB1R" that I got nil idea of what is capable of, but there ought to be other sellers who are just getting rid of these polybags and hopefully at a reasonable price. 

The LEGO building content
42804530252_ed26225e0f_o_d.jpg

The polybag contains four building parts to build Edna Mode minifigure. It include an instruction manual which is not really needed but a good tempting promotional advertisement to drop subtle hints on other accompanying LEGO Incredibles 2 sets. It is a huge pity that this minifigure does not come with any accessory and given the high price count and exclusivity. I thought a new 2x2 design tile showcasing her superheroes attire could be a nice touch to perfection. 

Edna Mode - Dual facial expressions
41952549395_5bb7444413_b_d.jpg
Edna Mode is a great minifigure with superb facial expressions as seen above and the minifigure also come with back printing as well. Edna is a very interesting character in the Incredibles movie. She has successfully created custom-made original superheroes outfits in the golden age. Her each outstanding piece of work made her feels indefinite superior to other fashion designers in the world and shows little interest toward runway fashion shows and modern fashion models in place like Milan. She is the original designer for the outfit for the Incredibles family members. So, do you think this minifigure is as accurate as the reference design

Batman, which costume is suited for your special occasion?
42135141104_cfbac92b1a_o_d.jpg

Mr Incredible vs Syndrome
42135141364_583c35e7a0_o_d.jpg
To conclude, this is an above average polybag which is probably the only chance ever, to get an official LEGO Edna Mode minifigure. I don't think it will ever appear elsewhere since it will probably be an one-off theme release under the LEGO Juniors theme. It will be perfect if she had an accessory like a custom 2x2 printed tile for example. This polybag is probably useful for Incredibles fans and causal buyers will probably not be interested in this. Although I think her reference design is slightly inaccurate but overall appeals to me greatly like her dual facial expressions. It is a good exclusive polybag and will be worthwhile if you can buy this reasonably in secondary marketplace or simply just buy the console game if you love LEGO video-games. 

Summary review
Playability: 8/10 (Able to integrate with any collection who owns the new LEGO Incredibles 2 sets.)
Design: 8/10 (Minifigure design is pretty accurate and it will be perfect if there is an accessory to it.)
Price: 6/10 (It will depends on how much you are willing to pay for since it is only available in a free gift package with video-game purchase.)
Overall: 7.3/10 (Above average Incredibles 2 exclusive polybag.)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr.

The face printing is great but the hairpiece doesn't work for me

It totally needed a new mould

Thanks for the review 

Thanks for the  review. This minifig could have been outstanding if TLG created a new mould for hair and glasses combo like what they did for Robin in TLBM. I understand   why they settled  for the print instead... Therefore, the price does not seem to justify the decision made. 

Maybe it is very good for Disney/Pixar collectors though.

"Marvellous"??? "Lovely"?

Each to their own I guess but those superlatives here are a bit Iraqi Minister of Information.

As a minifig, it's a bit of a disaster IMO and certainly not worthy of such a great character.

On 6/17/2018 at 9:22 PM, Robert8 said:

The face printing is great but the hairpiece doesn't work for me

It totally needed a new mould

Thanks for the review 

Agreed on the hairpiece which used a recycle part. 

On 6/18/2018 at 9:44 AM, makoy said:

Thanks for the  review. This minifig could have been outstanding if TLG created a new mould for hair and glasses combo like what they did for Robin in TLBM. I understand   why they settled  for the print instead... Therefore, the price does not seem to justify the decision made. 

Maybe it is very good for Disney/Pixar collectors though.

It will be hard for TLG to justify its cost if the unique hairpiece is not used elsewhere. 

On 6/20/2018 at 4:54 PM, Lucarex said:

"Marvellous"??? "Lovely"?

Each to their own I guess but those superlatives here are a bit Iraqi Minister of Information.

As a minifig, it's a bit of a disaster IMO and certainly not worthy of such a great character.

Noted, as it is each to their own opnion. More importantly, this review summarise my thoughts and excitement of buying it. Hence, the descriptiors used. 

On 6/21/2018 at 12:36 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

The face print doesn't work for me, she needed a new hair/glasses mold like they did in the game.

I actually like the face print on this. Just the hairpiece is quite disappointing.