ranghaal

[MOC]Guardyloo - Medieval sanitation

Hello,

I interrupted my normal building to take part in the summer joust.
Some people think of dragons and knights, my topic for the summer joust (12 x 12 category) is less romantic.

Guardyloo is the warning called from above before the night pots are emptied.
Well, this is medieval isn't it?

The build itself was quite easy this time though it's full of strange techniques. Take a look at the grey plates that are stuck between the dark grey plates to simulate a gutter for example.

28965193308_6ca1fde69e_z.jpgGuardyloo! by Ralf Langer, auf Flickr

Edited by ranghaal

Nice build, great use of new old and maybe yellowed white? 

The door is excellent though, incredibly detailed. 

Top stuff. 

Lots of yellowed white! *huh* 

And yes, I also think the door is one of the best parts here.It looks much better in reality. 

Once again, I am very impressed with your build!  Not only have you pioneered new designs and techniques in your decorations, but you have chosen a subject that is also unique.  Even all the more impressive since you are not in a LUG.  I love it!  Your builds have inspired me to think about the ways I build things and I am trying new techniques now.  Awesome job!  Please keep sharing your builds, this is great!

Thanks a lot grover!

It's really rewarding for me to see someone feels inspired!
I love MOCs that work on multiple levels and add something extra besides of just looking good. And so I try to do the same.

I'm not quite sure about posting here, though.

It seems most of the people use flickr anyway so forums seem a bit redundant? Maybe I will present only the huge MOCs here?

Edited by ranghaal

21 hours ago, ranghaal said:

Thanks a lot grover!

It's really rewarding for me to see someone feels inspired!
I love MOCs that work on multiple levels and add something extra besides of just looking good. And so I try to do the same.

I'm not quite sure about posting here, though.

It seems most of the people use flickr anyway so forums seem a bit redundant? Maybe I will stick to the huge ones.

I like reading here on the forums, as it collects all the Flickr links for me.  I check one website and get the links, rather than having to bookmark a bunch of pages and look through them individually for updates all the time.  I don't know how other people do it.  Thanks for posting,though, I love your work!

8 hours ago, Lord Brickington said:

Absolutely awesome build! I always try to dodge those pesky yellowed white bricks, but now I have some ideas to use them properly!

Thanks!

I used them in almost every MOC but it was most often way to subtle and could have been replaced by tan easily.
Yellowed light grey can be fun, too. It makes a real good transition from grey to olive. 

I think those discoloured bricks support my dirty, baroque style of building.

On 6/18/2018 at 11:56 AM, MAB said:

Lego needs to make brown sausages.

I used a dark brown club instead :wink:

I made it kinda melt with the background though.

Edited by ranghaal

Lego did make dark brown carrots in the Medieval Marketplace, and they were on the floor of the horse stables!

Actually I used this carrot, it wasn't a club.

The medieval marketplace was a great set! And I rarely really like Lego sets.

Another wonderful MOC! Everything is brilliant from bottom to top. The shutters, the pattern above the windows and the door should be some of my favorite bits! I also really love how you mix modulex with normal bricks in your MOCs. This is a great example for showing people that a MOC doesn't need to be huge to be impressive! Keep up the incredible work! :classic: :thumbup:

17 hours ago, ranghaal said:

Actually I used this carrot, it wasn't a club.

The carrots are clubs and vice versa. I didn't spot it first time around, but did spot the 1x1 round plate.

Nice build, I like that you actually took on a scene that is realistic for the time. Thanks for sharing. 

Was wondering about the curved roof line, was that accomplished by stacking toothed plates, without actually clicking studs together? 

The Roof is connected via hinges vertically and horizontally. So it's 8 hinges altogether. You can achieve much more drastic effects with this technique if you want.

This is beautiful! I love how many details you add to your MOC and I really like the scene you have capture - this is great!