Sign in to follow this  
Blondie-Wan

Cataloging the LEGO licenses

Another fresh update: added Despicable Me / Minions.

Perhaps I should do an alternate list of franchises they haven’t done yet.

On 6/16/2018 at 6:29 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Whoa, Galidor was a licensed theme? I looked that up just now, and until then, I've always thought that was an in-house theme of theirs. :oh3:

On 6/17/2018 at 11:32 AM, Blondie-Wan said:

I do know it was a TV show, and the Wikipedia entry for the show sounds as though it was conceived of as a show first and foremost, and LEGO was merely a licensee. I’m going to have to research it further.

By this logic Ninjago and Nexo Knight would also be considered "Licences". Ironically Lego considers them as such because I think Cartoon Network owns a piece of those. I've always said this has to be the worst contract negotiation ever.

On 2/2/2020 at 3:02 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

Shouldn't Quicky the Nesquik bunny be on here as well since the Paul Frank monkey is on here too? Or did I totally miss him in between the other licenses?

I consider that more of a “corporate brand” license (à la Exxon, Shell, Volkswagen, Toys ‘R’ Us, Maersk, Vesta, etc.) than a narrative- / character-based one.

Should the Paul Frank monkey be gone, perhaps?

Update: added Home Alone (!) and Seinfeld (!!!), per today’s LEGO Ideas Review results announcement.

Edited the OP to add Universal Monsters, in accordance with the recent reveal.

On 3/20/2019 at 8:54 PM, Blondie-Wan said:

In light of today’s reveal, I’ve added Hercules to the list - finally, a property beginning with H, at last! Now we just need to take care of Q, U, X, and Z, and the LEGO licenses will include at least one for every letter of the alphabet. :tongue: :grin:

“U” is now taken care of; just three more letters to go! As soon as the LEGO Ideas team approves projects for Quigley Down Under, Xevious, and Zardoz, we’ll be all set. Time for DK to start working on the LEGO Licensed Themes Encyclopedia, with exclusive Jocasta Nu minifigure...

:grin: