Sign in to follow this  
LegoHoops

Hi, I'm Tony from New Zealand.

Been a Lego fan since my younger days. I have a background in Industrial Design, worked in lighting and the commercial furniture industry for about 15 years.

Purchased Lego Architecture Studio 4 years ago, while on holiday in New York. A lot of sets don't make their way downunder to New Zealand. Expanded the 'white bricks' with the help of a local Bricklink seller, enjoyed constructing a variety of architectural buildings.

I have had a renewed interest in Lego Technic sets since my 7 year old daughter showed an interest in a Lego Technic Excavator 42006 that I had sitting in a bookcase.

So we purchased and jointly built the Claas Xerion Tractor 42054, she enjoys seeing the mechanical side of builds come together. 

We have since brought the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, built it in it's standard form. Then went all out with modifications, the first being a right-hand conversion (we drive on the left-hand side of the road in New Zealand).

42636777192_5dd942444d_c.jpg

Earlier in the year the Mack Anthem was added to the collection and we have just ordered the Bugatti Chiron, due in New Zealand in August at NZD$649.99!

Looking forward to building another big car and following some of the modifications on Eurobricks.

Cheers.

Edited by LegoHoops
adding image.

Greetings from the USA! I was just in Christchurch and Auckland a month ago on an academic trip and man oh man do I want to go back!

I too am a fan of the Technic models so I hope to see you around in the Technic forum!

On 6/30/2018 at 3:45 PM, Black_Belt_Titan said:

Greetings from the USA! I was just in Christchurch and Auckland a month ago on an academic trip and man oh man do I want to go back!

I too am a fan of the Technic models so I hope to see you around in the Technic forum!

Thanks, it's a long way rattling around in a kerosene budgie to New Zealand from the US. We went to New York for 3 weeks a couple years ago via Hawaii, glad to get the feet back on the ground.

Impressive truck and trailer unit too! 

Thank you!

I live an hour west of NYC so getting out to NZ took over 33 hours from the time I left home to the time I got to my hotel room. I didn't get to go through Hawaii but I did go through Australia.

Gidday Tony, great to meet another Technic fan here in NZ, especially one who likes modding their vehicles. Really like your black roof, bonnet and wing version.

I'm half way through the Porsche now and improving the body lines/gaps is high up on my list.

I'm replacing all the blue pins with black also, makes a huge difference, and glad to see someone else who fills the seats in.

I didnt think of changing mine to right hand drive until the chassis was finished so not sure if I can be bothered taking it apart to do now. It would'nt have been hard from the beginning.

I've added all the upgrades from jb70's instructions, really great to work with, he did a great job.

Will take some photos when the body work is complete.

Welcome! I only joined recently as well, and there's plenty here to keep you occupied, and plenty of inspiration for modding sets!

Assuming you've checked out the Technic section, there are some custom stickers for the Porsche you might be interested in too

On 6/16/2018 at 4:53 PM, LegoHoops said:

Been a Lego fan since my younger days. I have a background in Industrial Design, worked in lighting and the commercial furniture industry for about 15 years.

Purchased Lego Architecture Studio 4 years ago, while on holiday in New York. A lot of sets don't make their way downunder to New Zealand. Expanded the 'white bricks' with the help of a local Bricklink seller, enjoyed constructing a variety of architectural buildings.

I have had a renewed interest in Lego Technic sets since my 7 year old daughter showed an interest in a Lego Technic Excavator 42006 that I had sitting in a bookcase.

So we purchased and jointly built the Claas Xerion Tractor 42054, she enjoys seeing the mechanical side of builds come together. 

We have since brought the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, built it in it's standard form. Then went all out with modifications, the first being a right-hand conversion (we drive on the left-hand side of the road in New Zealand).

42636777192_5dd942444d_c.jpg

Earlier in the year the Mack Anthem was added to the collection and we have just ordered the Bugatti Chiron, due in New Zealand in August at NZD$649.99!

Looking forward to building another big car and following some of the modifications on Eurobricks.

Cheers.

One heck of a collection! Welcome to both of us!