doug72

[GBC] Akiyuki Train System: Type 2 mods and improvements

Hi Doug72,

Would you happen  to have instructions for that low lift high capacity loader? :D

thanks!

awesome job by the way!

On 1/7/2019 at 11:51 AM, Doug72 said:

39680588023_b028491e3f_z.jpg

Sorry no instructions, more info on page 22 7th. Jan. 2019.

If you need I can take some more photos.

Do you require for a GBC train system or just as a part of a GBC  module ?

Edited by Doug72

34 minutes ago, Maoie86 said:

thanks! yes! more pics pls! :)

Do you require just the lift part, or the lift and train reverser ?

Lift only, is simple as no timing is required.

The two grey shock absorbers are required to keep the lift chain taut.

Input hopper is standard GBC.

4 hours ago, Doug72 said:

Do you require just the lift part, or the lift and train reverser ?

Lift only, is simple as no timing is required.

The two grey shock absorbers are required to keep the lift chain taut.

Input hopper is standard GBC.

just the lift please. i think i have the reverser part! :)

On 7/29/2019 at 12:56 PM, Maoie86 said:

just the lift please. i think i have the reverser part! :)

As requested. Chain uses small sprokets.

Train reverser needs modify with 20T bevel /12T bevel gear SPEED UP not reduction as shown in photo.

Trip rotor has TWO lobes to get correct timings.

Position of pins on chain belt has to be set to prevent any balls discharging from top of lift as train departs using trial & error until correct.

48406896037_a7c0b00341_c.jpg

48406895917_9c04e2e647_c.jpg

48406746066_033269eb47_c.jpg

48406895687_cacc9a95d6_c.jpg

48406895572_5cb583e456_c.jpg

48406745681_78a285c5e7_c.jpg

20/12 Reductionis  incorrect should be 20/12 SPEED UP.

48406895242_b3e18ac933_c.jpg

48406896217_67b5848674_c.jpg

48406895092_7f0e72a4df_c.jpg 

Edited by Doug72

Hello all!

My first post in the Akiyuki Train Module thread and I thought I would start with the loader. I did make some mods to the beams in the frame. Originally the supports were on an angle however I did work out a way of framing them so it did end up with a cleaner look and stronger.

@Doug72 Thanks for putting an index on the 1st page. I am looking to build the un loader next. Is there any other mods to make it better? Thanks

IMG20190730181733.jpgIMG20190730181715.jpg

Edited by HRU_Bricks
Update picture links

Looks good, welcome to the GBC Train forum thread.

Edited by Doug72

Feedback on the L Motor Train vs the M Motor train. I ran both on the weekend for about 4 hours non-stop. During that time i found no noticeable difference between either train so long as the elevator is counter weighted. So i think its really a case of personal preference and what parts you have available. Of course the L motor will probably last a little longer as i have never had one of them fail (but statistically i also run way more M Motors)

On 8/10/2019 at 4:01 AM, Innocity said:

Can anybody tell me about all the bricks in this arrow?
I know it contains LBG Plate 1 x 10(4477), 2 LBG Tile 1 x 1(3070b), LBG Tile 2 x 2 Corners(14719), but I don't know the other bricks.

http://bricksafe.com/pages/ajhstyle/passing-module-dc

Click this link -http://akiyuki.jp/en/works/1019
Goto the passing moduie and download the PDF which has a parts list.

12 hours ago, Doug72 said:

Click this link -http://akiyuki.jp/en/works/1019
Goto the passing moduie and download the PDF which has a parts list.

Akiyuki said "This module consists of a double crossover track and the reverse part. The position of two tongue rails of the double crossover track must be fixed with two rubber bands to operate the module. Please refer to the following photographs and find the yellow and red rubber bands. I have prepared the instructions for the reverse part of the module (see end of this page)." But this is a double crossover track part, so there is no instruction.

I'm also using the double crossover part im my compact layout. In my layout I keep all four ends open where Akiyuki keeps both right sides open to let the trains switch sides. If nothing is done with the switches one side always goes straight and the other side switches the train so something needs to be done so let the train switch both sides. Akiyuki has a complicated system with rubber bands where I just have used 3mm rigid hose of the right length to keep push both switches open. I also have this one the left side but Akiyuki has just put rubber bands there for a reversed effect to pull both switches inwards (trains go straight). My solution is visible in the below picture but you have to zoom in.

45380381275_6ce6cbcde4_c.jpg

Somewhere there are instructions on how to modify the double x-over the Akiyuki way but can,t now find them.

No problem with 3D printed double crossover as all switch’s are independent & are not ganged.

Edited by Doug72

Just finished the unloader unit with some minor modifications.  

The main modification is the unloader rails.  The friction is reduced as there is only 4 small points of contact that reduce the power required to enter and leave the unit.  

The wheel and rollers help guide the train cart in straight and doesn't catch. 

I did try 2 rollers on the top but it did not work as well. 

IMG20190817230739.jpg

Edited by HRU_Bricks

19 minutes ago, HRU_Bricks said:

Just finished the unloader unit with some minor modifications.  

The main modification is the unloader rails.  The friction is reduced as there is only 4 small points of contact that reduce the power required to enter and leave the unit.  

The wheel and rollers help guide the train cart in straight and doesn't catch. 

I did try 2 rollers on the top but it did not work as well. 

Nice MOD, the Akiyuki version has very tight clearence and some hard to find parts.

This was my solution which can be seen on Page 17 of this thread and has proved reliable.

Edited by Doug72

@Doug72

Thanks Doug.  I did change the switches out for the older one. 

Because the of the reduction of friction the batteries are lasting longer which is good. Using the black suspension with the double yellow spacers helps with the lift and with on the return the motor tone is neutral.  

Here is a short video of the cart entering and leaving https://bricksafe.com/files/HRU_Bricks/gbc-train-modules-including-akiyuki-train-modules/Modified Train Unloader.mp4

There is also dual 24T gears to drive the unit which reduces the gear skipping. 

Edited by HRU_Bricks
Update main link

감사합니다 Berthil, Doug72, Courbet.

Berthil이 개조 한 열차를 사용했습니다.
Doug72에서 수정 한 로터리 덤퍼 모듈도 사용했습니다. 다른 하나는 Akiyuki가 설계 한 원래 모듈입니다.

비디오를보고 기어 사이트 및 램프의 램프 사이트에있는 로터리 덤퍼 모듈에서 충돌을 발견했습니다. 모듈을 실행하는 데 문제가 없습니다. 다른 사람 이이 문제가 있습니까?

https://bricksafe.com/pages/ajhstyle/rotary-dumper-module

Edited by Innocity

3 hours ago, Innocity said:

I watched my video and found out a collision in the rotary dumper module at the gears site and ramp site of the module. There is no problem running the module. Does anyone else have this problem?

https://bricksafe.com/pages/ajhstyle/rotary-dumper-module

Yes, therefore I made a different catch tray, It's 2 liftarms bigger.

9 hours ago, Berthil said:

Yes, therefore I made a different catch tray, It's 2 liftarms bigger.

I've already watched your video. As you say, your modified module did not have a collision.
Thank you again for designing the rechargeable train unit.

I recently built 'Akiyuki's railway system: Debut layout'.

I found this layout difficult to run for hours.
Rotary dump module (Doug72 ver.), Passing module double crossover type, balloon loop module, through unit, loading unit, unloading unit, switch track worked well.

However, elevator module, passing module often caused errors.
It is not easy to drive due to the change of elasticity of elevator module. And the subtle differences between each train unit affected the layout.

Problem 1. While the elevator module is rising, the train unit is not fixed on it and the elevator falls down. 2. On the passing module, one train unit could not start even if another train unit passed. 

@Innocity use my double passing module and use either worm gear lift from Doug72 or my modified 'worm' gear lift with Akiyuki gearing and counterweights and switch at the bottom. Worked almost flawlessly for 2 event days.

Edited by Berthil

5 hours ago, Innocity said:

I found this layout difficult to run for hours.

Problem 1. While the elevator module is rising, the train unit is not fixed on it and the elevator falls down. 2. On the passing module, one train unit could not start even if another train unit passed. 

Congratulations on building the debut GBC Train system.

These problems are common with the original Akiyuki versions for the elevator and passing loop modules.

Elevator:- trips and train stops are difficult to get adjustments correct.

Sudden dropping is due to the rubber band at lower level losing tension allowing the train chock to release the train when lowering.
The problem when raising is the latch releasing too early.

The modifications remove all these trips, latches and rubber bands.

With my worm version it is impossible for elevator to drop suddenly BUT is slower than the @Berthil version which uses spur gears & counterweights. It also meets the GBC ball throughput requirement of 1 ball / sec..

Passing loop module,
@Berthil version is very reliable and the track switches can be set to allow it to be used as passing module or a dwell module.

Edited by Doug72