doug72

[GBC] Akiyuki Train System: Type 2 mods and improvements

Extended double crossover reverser module:

It might be possible to use this track arrangment if one switch can be operated from reverser R2 - see diagram.
Dashed red line indictats connection between R2 & switch C.
R2 would need a four lobe rotor. Hopefully timing would not be affected to allow two trains pass each other correctly.

I have two sets of modified crossovers.  Worth a try as much lower cost at expense of larger footprint.

Might use shocks as low stock on rubber bands.

43016741035_e415e1f0f4_z.jpg

Edited by Doug72

Nice idea. looking forward to see it in action.

I myself still working on homemade double crossover.

800x600.jpg

still need a saw xD

4 hours ago, dunes said:

Nice idea. looking forward to see it in action.

Got all the parts required except three 4L racks, there’s a snag , how to operate track switch C.

The slide bar is on the inside so have figure a way for the R2 reverser to connect to operate it.

Also its 7 track units or 112L from R2.

Edited by Doug72

Elevator MOD:

Noticed as train left elevator platform there was a sharp knock as the train moved onto the connecting bridge to the rotary dumper.
This is caused by the 90 deg shape of the end of the 15L beams used to guide train wheels and hold train at correct height for 8T gears to engage with the gear racks.

Fixed by using two  LEGO Beam 4 with Ball Cup Socket (15459 / 31794) which have a rounded end at the cup allowing the train a smoother transition when exiting the elevator.

43041005765_4bb355535d_z.jpg

43946304411_5f47fe878c_z.jpg

Extended double crossover:
Don't think is workable as very difficult to operate switch C from the reverser due distance and slide on wrong side.

So probably will used a 3D printed double crossover, time to buy before exchange rate for UK pound / Euro slides any further !!

Edited by Doug72

On 6/20/2018 at 1:04 AM, dunes said:

Hey guys

I built 2 reverse units and 1 train unit to start with this train system.

And switching does not work at 50% of the time. the force is not strong enough to push.

any tips to optimize the switching?

hello!!!
i have the same problem with the train and the reverse unit, i have listen all the post, exept where you speak of the rotation unit!!
i have see, i have the old switch, with the reverse black pole!!
but i dont know why dont works!!! uff :(

can someone help me?!?!?

i have see you have change the sistem and use two rubber, i dont make technic and all change for me is a problem, i need part list and detailed instruction, the i prefer not change the original project, and use the only piece i have :P

here is a video: http://www.mediafire.com/file/inxok6sh12u0xjc/VID_20180809_152025.mp4/file

Does the switch have resistance? I mean 3 fixed positions or runs it free? 

Make sure the routing of the two PF cables (from battery to switch and from switch to motor ) are not stopping the trip bars to more fully to change switch position.

Edited by Doug72

I recently bought 2 PF Switch at my liocal Lego Store and got old style Switches with new lever which holds in 3 positions.

@dunes take a look at the Lego Train forum, I started a topic about 3D printed double cross over track.

Mentions the Polish  version.

There,s an interesting reply on how to cut and glue ordinary switches to make a crossover unit.

Doug

Edited by Doug72

40 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

@dunes take a look at the Lego Train forum, I started a topic about 3D printed double cross over track.

Mentions the Polish  version.

There,s an interesting reply on how to cut and glue ordinary switches to make a crossover unit. 

Doug

i dont understand, can you link me the forum?

3D Double Crossover Track for GBC module.

I contacted TrixBrix.eu to see if there original “open” design of a double crossover is available.
It has the spring mechanism for the point blades so ideal for the GBC double crossover track and cheaper. 

They replied saying they can print one to order for £36 inclding shipping to UK

Delivery next week.

You need to order the Crossover Basic.

42154358570_1673f38cda_z.jpg

Edited by Doug72

sounds great Doug. Ill go order one.

My work from last night. not perfect but works most the time. some fine tuning necessary.

800x601.jpg

Edited by dunes

Started building the double reverser unit, and slowly figuring out how it works.

Using two shocks but a rubber band version would be easy to install and replace them.

5 hours ago, Doug72 said:

3D Double Crossover Track for GBC module.

I contacted TrixBrix.eu to see if there original “open” design of a double crossover is available.
It has the spring mechanism for the point blades so ideal for the GBC double crossover track and cheaper. 

They replied saying they can print one to order for £36 inclding shipping to UK

Delivery next week.

You need to order the Crossover Basic.

Mine is ordered too. Shipping is mid next week.

37€ incl shipping to Germany.

And thanks to us its back in their online shop for order.

640x777.jpg

Edited by dunes

Great news, I was very impressed with their quick reply to my initial e-mail query and the smooth ordering process.

Might need two 1/4 straight tracks to join double crossover to the two reversers or use a standard straight Lego track.

Edited by Doug72

Double crossover reverser module.

Now built and tested using two other reversers.
After finding I had missed one 7L beam that blocks the differential I got it to work correctly.

One very small MOD:
I didn’t have LEGO Slope Curved 1 x 2 x 0.66 (11477 / 17134), so I substituted a LEGO Slope Curved 4 x 1 Double (93273) which works OK.

43978354341_c6e1cb8806.jpg

Awaiting delivery of the TrixBriix Crossover Basic track before I can test with Rotary dumper & Loader modules.

I noted one odd feature:-
The rear of the reverser module is one plate higher than the front !!
Don’t know if thats intentional or an oversight.

Very easy to convert to a rubber band version, awaiting an order for red rubber bands.

Edited by Doug72

Hello.. I have partial solved the spring problem. But I have a new problem.. Ops

Yesterday and today we have a Lego exposition with my lug. And after 1 hour the battery get off. 

It's really?? 

The un loader unit make out all battery ???

Double crossover reverser module.

Now tested with one reverser converted to use red rubber bands and works very well with less force required to operate the module.
Awaiting more red bands to convert the other reverser.
The conversion is very easy to install.

44034308761_c44ecf3888_z.jpg

43128065395_b599652e24_z.jpg

Edited by Doug72

My double crossover arrived today. and got a gift to my order.

800x600.jpg800x798.jpg

Building the double passing module with rubberbands instead of shocks. Not finished yet. waiting for parts.

800x600.jpg

Looks good still waiting for mine to arrive. Have both reversers installed now using rubber bands,found only one band per reverser is enough to trigger the train release & have made a small mod to make the triggers hit the trip bars more centrally.

Will post images & will explain more once my crossover is received.

Edited by Doug72