J4ck

BrickHeadz 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

I partly wonder if we may see any classic Jurassic Park BrickHeadz sets. Maybe an oversized Tyranosaurus with either Dr. Alan Grant or Ian Malcolm as a dual pack? :shrug_confused:

Given that Woody and Bo Peep will be the focal point of next year's Toy Story 4, what if we'll end up getting a dual pack with those two while Buzz Lightyear will end up being a single set? :shrug_oh_well:

That could be very feasible. Or, maybe... Woody/Bo, Buzz/Jessie, Rex/Trixie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Modeltrainman said:

That could be very feasible. Or, maybe... Woody/Bo, Buzz/Jessie, Rex/Trixie.

Sure, couples. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Ghostbusters, Simpsons, and Back to the Future all getting Brickheadz in 2018, all being part of Dimensions, and also the Aston Martin using the James Bond license, which was rumored for Year 3... I wonder if we could get Avatar Brickheadz? They were also rumored to be coming in Year 3. Depending on how far Lego got with that licensing, they might as well do something with it.

Of course new Avatar sets would be a dream come true too, but I'm trying to think realistically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

With Ghostbusters, Simpsons, and Back to the Future all getting Brickheadz in 2018, all being part of Dimensions, and also the Aston Martin using the James Bond license, which was rumored for Year 3... I wonder if we could get Avatar Brickheadz? They were also rumored to be coming in Year 3. Depending on how far Lego got with that licensing, they might as well do something with it.

Of course new Avatar sets would be a dream come true too, but I'm trying to think realistically.

Actually it would work quite well since Avatar 2, Avatar 3, Avatar 4 and that’s right you guessed it - Avatar 5 are being made. Two and three are being made back-to-back when I last checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

With Ghostbusters, Simpsons, and Back to the Future all getting Brickheadz in 2018, all being part of Dimensions, and also the Aston Martin using the James Bond license, which was rumored for Year 3... I wonder if we could get Avatar Brickheadz? They were also rumored to be coming in Year 3. Depending on how far Lego got with that licensing, they might as well do something with it.

Of course new Avatar sets would be a dream come true too, but I'm trying to think realistically.

From your wording, are you thinking Avatar as in the last air bender? As the property talked about for Lego Dimensions was James Cameron’s Avatar movie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

From your wording, are you thinking Avatar as in the last air bender? As the property talked about for Lego Dimensions was James Cameron’s Avatar movie

I was, yeah. I was never sure which Avatar people were referring to when they talked about Year 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from Ant-Man and the Wasp. I am disappointed they haven’t done a two pack Brick Headz with both characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sk_bricks said:

Just got back from Ant-Man and the Wasp. I am disappointed they haven’t done a two pack Brick Headz with both characters.

Yeah, you would think that would be a given seeing how two-packs started this year (at least in regular release) and AMATW's marketing focused so much on them being a pair. It's a shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Friday, July 06, 2018 at 1:36 PM, BlueberryWaffles said:

With Ghostbusters, Simpsons, and Back to the Future all getting Brickheadz in 2018, all being part of Dimensions, and also the Aston Martin using the James Bond license, which was rumored for Year 3... I wonder if we could get Avatar Brickheadz? They were also rumored to be coming in Year 3. Depending on how far Lego got with that licensing, they might as well do something with it.

Of course new Avatar sets would be a dream come true too, but I'm trying to think realistically.

Wait, were getting simpsons brickheadz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, legosamsonite said:

Wait, were getting simpsons brickheadz?

As a matter of fact, yes! 41632 Homer Simpson & Krusty the Clown will be released in November 2018, according to reliable sources such as Instagram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minilegogo revealed that there is another gravity falls brickheadz. xxxxx- grunkle Stan and waddles $14.99.

Edited by Falconfan1414

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next year, I would love to see BrickHeadz sets of Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, and Scooby-Doo. Poor old LEGO Scooby-Doo deserves to make a comeback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

Next year, I would love to see BrickHeadz sets of Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, and Scooby-Doo. Poor old LEGO Scooby-Doo deserves to make a comeback!

I definitely think all three of those properties each have a high chance of getting at least one set for the theme. :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 8:57 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I definitely think all three of those properties each have a high chance of getting at least one set for the theme. :classic:

Lucky for Adventure Time fans, Cartoon Network announced plans for more Adventure Time merchandise for the next few years to come! This article was just posted three days ago.

https://www.regularcapital.com/2018/10/cartoon-network-still-has-future-plans-for-adventure-time/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna predict atleast 4 Lego movie characters, probably Emmet, Lucy, the doll character atleast.

i think they are steadily ramping up the Brickheadz releases, and experimenting with themes. I think next year we’ll get probably double of what we got this year from the theme, Lego are probably aiming for Funko amounts eventually. Along with Gravity Falls, I expect Overwatch, Toy Story, Alladin, Avengers 4. I expect Captain marvel will be one for Avengers 4, and hopefully Thor and Hawkeye to complete the team.

A lot of Dimensions themes could get characters, I could see powerpuff girls, with a single pack and a double pack, wizard of oz with a Dorothy and Toto pack, Doctor Who with the 13th Doctor, and maybe a Cyberman, Scooby and Shaggy pack, ET

also, would anyone love it if they brought in vehicles? Much like what they do with Funko pops, a chibi version with a space for a Brickheadz character. The Delorean, Ecto-1, Flying Ford Anglia, batmobile 

Edited by Whovastron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Whovastron said:

I’m gonna predict atleast 4 Lego movie characters, probably Emmet, Lucy, the doll character atleast.

i think they are steadily ramping up the Brickheadz releases, and experimenting with themes. I think next year we’ll get probably double of what we got this year from the theme, Lego are probably aiming for Funko amounts eventually. Along with Gravity Falls, I expect Overwatch, Toy Story, Alladin, Avengers 4. I expect Captain marvel will be one for Avengers 4, and hopefully Thor and Hawkeye to complete the team.

A lot of Dimensions themes could get characters, I could see powerpuff girls, with a single pack and a double pack, wizard of oz with a Dorothy and Toto pack, Doctor Who with the 13th Doctor, and maybe a Cyberman, Scooby and Shaggy pack, ET

also, would anyone love it if they brought in vehicles? Much like what they do with Funko pops, a chibi version with a space for a Brickheadz character. The Delorean, Ecto-1, Flying Ford Anglia, batmobile 

Some great ideas you‘ve got there :thumbup: However, I hope the output stays the same as it was this year since I expect imminent doom for the Funko Pops business model. People have been joking about future landfills filled to the brim with pop vinyls for quite some time now, but I feel like they really are oversaturating the market. That‘s never a good thing in the long run :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Some great ideas you‘ve got there :thumbup: However, I hope the output stays the same as it was this year since I expect imminent doom for the Funko Pops business model. People have been joking about future landfills filled to the brim with pop vinyls for quite some time now, but I feel like they really are oversaturating the market. That‘s never a good thing in the long run :wink:

I don’t know, here in the U.K. it just seems like more places are cashing in on it. Sure there are lots of funko pops that sell poorly, but there’s also lines that sell extremely well. HMV, a DVD/Blu-ray and music store, now has isles devoted to Pops because they’re so popular.

i think Lego have a good idea though, as it seems over here they spread out the releases. Each supermarket seems to have an exclusive 2-pack; Incredibles for Sainsburys, Jurassic for Tesco and Minecraft for Asda. I know other toy retailers stock these, but it seems in the ‘general’ retailers Lego are spreading out what they’ve got pretty well, adding a hunt aspect to the collecting, which I kinda like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

so far bhz end in 2018, no new ones next year. 

It is possible - I'm not certain of this - that Brickheadz kits will be integrated into the traditional numbering schemes that were set for certain themes in 2013, as the Juniors line is doing the same next year. I don't know this for a fact, but it would seem to be a logical step forward for the theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

so far bhz end in 2018, no new ones next year. 

Actually, that rumor was apparently debunked. One of the BrickHeadz designers confirmed that the theme will continue in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

Actually, that rumor was apparently debunked. One of the BrickHeadz designers confirmed that the theme will continue in 2019.

Could you tell me where can I find his statement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone contacted the designer on Instagram and posted the reply, @vintoito is his Instagram user name.

159AE777-7037-4D5F-ADDE-A76300CED691.thumb.jpeg.fdff26b292637624c625f6ffaea65afd.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.