Anonknee Muss

BrickHeadz 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Spotting a discounted set today, I got interested in the Brickheadz series for the first time.

Googling the new sets I really became enthousiast about the Easter Chick (40350) and the Ghost (40351).

I see the Easter Chick isn't yet available over here and the Ghost hasn't been released.

May I expect them to become available or is the theme discontinued?

It would be a pity as I liked the idea but wasn't interested in the first Brickheadz because they only covered licensed themes.

3 hours ago, Wesley D said:

Spotting a discounted set today, I got interested in the Brickheadz series for the first time.

Googling the new sets I really became enthousiast about the Easter Chick (40350) and the Ghost (40351).

I see the Easter Chick isn't yet available over here and the Ghost hasn't been released.

It would be a pity as I liked the idea but wasn't interested in the first Brickheadz because they only covered licensed themes.

The theme is dead and buried i’m afraid

12 hours ago, Wesley D said:

I do think the rest of the seasonal sets will be released in some markets, but that's probably about it... So I guess there's always Bricklink if it isn't released in your country, which is better than not released at all.

Edited by legozebra

9 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The theme is dead and buried i’m afraid

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

I do think the rest of the seasonal sets will be released in some markets, but that's probably about it... So I guess there's always Bricklink if it isn't released in your country, which is better than not released at all.

Thanks for the insights. I'm going to find out if I can build them myself.

Hopefully the building instructions for the Ghost will become available too! I'm curious how he's made looking floating.

FYI - Walgreens in the US has started getting last year’s Easter Bunny in their Easter section. First time I’ve seen that set outside a Lego store. 

Today I went to the Essen (Germany) Lego Store and I was quite surprised when I found 40350 Easter Chick sets on a shelf! I thought they'd be available in the USA and Canada, so it put a smile on my face. Any other sightings in Europe?

14 hours ago, Lucarex said:

40367 Brickheadz Statue of Liberty 153 pieces

More details... (if you speak German)

https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-40367-lady-liberty/

Hmmmm, the way this theme is lingering makes me wonder if it's only on partial hiatus for this year. If so (for whatever hypothetical reason that may be), perhaps it'll be returning full-force in 2020 at the same capacity as 2018. I mean...

Miracle-Max-Princess-Bride-Mostly-Dead-Slightly-Alive-608x333.jpg

Oh, that is exciting! Can't wait to see how she looks, and I hope she's a worldwide release and everyone will have a chance to own one. I think she will need to be taller by a couple of bricks to try and keep the proportions, and now I am wondering how they will do her arms properly.

While I don't collect or dislike the existence of brickheadz, I hope at some point the seasonal sets go back to minifig vignettes for a while, at least for 2020 :shrug_oh_well:

And yes I know we had 2018 easter bunny and 2019 easter chicken skater pod minifigs, both were promos, compared to the now retired 2015 and 2017 vignettes which were directly sold. 

Edited by TeriXeri

On 5/9/2019 at 4:06 AM, sunhuntin said:

.... I wonder what color the "brain brick" will be, or if she will have one?

Clear with print of tiny Ghostbusters on it

7 hours ago, JunkstyleGio said:

Something like this?

I had to make some guesses for the left and rear side

..46901802385_f77423ed84_z.jpg

2i9tet3.jpg

I just had a thought that it would be cool to see Brickheadz landmarks, like Mount Rushmore and other famous landmarks based on people.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:06 PM, JunkstyleGio said:

Something like this?

I had to make some guesses for the left and rear side

..46901802385_f77423ed84_z.jpg

Wrong guess, but I actually prefer your version.

Other than that, I love it (but I love all Brickheadz). The only thing that bugs me is that they used the lipstick once again as a bar 2L, instea of just releasing what would be their easiest mold, an actual bar 2L.
It not only doesn't make sense to dual-mold something they now often use as a bar 2L, but on top of it there's hardly any friction on the lipstick part, thus the flame part doesn't even hold well.

And for a reason I don't understand, the last shot in the manual shows the statue with the flame removed. Is that an easter egg? All I could find is that the current flame isn't the original one but a replica. Other than that, where/when has she been seen without her torch?
Or perhaps the whole joke is that she hides her lipstick inside the torch? Hum.

Edited by anothergol