Anonknee Muss

BrickHeadz 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

3 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Those brick-built alternatives are excellent @JunkstyleGio, especially for the majority of us who missed out on the resellers-delight limited edition nonsense.

Yup. So far profits are sweeeeeeet

The after market prices on Brickheadz are insane considering how poorly they sold. I bought 90% of my Brickheadz atleast 30% off (I got batgirl for 96p!) could definitely make a good profit if I wanted lol

Made a fully buildable (no floating parts) stickerfree (with brickbluild solutions) version of the Lego Movie 2 Brickheads.

46303371834_34616225ff.jpg

Partslist and downloads available @ brickllink Stud.io Gallery.

Search for "Brickheadz"

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The after market prices on Brickheadz are insane considering how poorly they sold. I bought 90% of my Brickheadz atleast 30% off (I got batgirl for 96p!) could definitely make a good profit if I wanted lol

Indeed, not loving those after market prices.

I bought a bunch of Brickheadz at 50% off to get the Bricktober packs, probably have 30+ unopened duplicates that I intended to just use for parts. Would be happy to trade with ones I missed out on (either new or opened), just PM me if anyone is interested.

Btw, anyone knows of shops that still have Ron & Dumbledore, Grindelwald & Scamander, or Rocket & Groot at regular retail prices?

Edited by LegoFjotten

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

I bought a bunch of Brickheadz at 50% off to get the Bricktober packs, probably have 30+ unopened duplicates that I intended to just use for parts. Would be happy to trade with ones I missed out on (either new or opened), just PM me if anyone is interested.

Btw, anyone knows of shops that still have Ron & Dumbledore, Grindelwald & Scamander, or Rocket & Groot at regular retail prices?

I don’t know about the US, but those latter 2 packs only appeared in lego shops in the U.K.

Wow, price is the usual $9.99 and no limited to 5000 and seal references, completely different from Walmart...

What a mess of sets release!

Edited by seltun

29 minutes ago, seltun said:

Wow, price is the usual $9.99 and no limited to 5000 and seal references, completely different from Walmart...

What a mess of sets release!

walmart images did not show the limited quantities sticker on them and only Wildstyle description said it was limited to 5000.

1 hour ago, Boettner Builds said:

Both Mayhem and Benny are target.com exclusives. Available now but only if you have a REDcard.

Interestingly enough, Target is selling them at the regular $9.99 price.

Never to be released widely in the us, never to be released at all worldwide.

lego is a great company, but this is just a slap in the face of anyone who collects these things.

12 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

There are 5 lego Stores in my state and out of those one that I visit frequently. They still have grindelwald/Scamander at 20% off ($15.99)

6 hours ago, RyanMe said:

walmart images did not show the limited quantities sticker on them and only Wildstyle description said it was limited to 5000.

After about 24 from when those 2 bhz showed up at Walmart site, they added the same note about only 5k sets made to emmet. So they both had that. And I already received my orders and both, wyldstyle & emmet have the stickers. 

The decision to release TLM2 Brickheadz as limited edition regional exclusive business is crazy!  By my math, The LEGO Group might only make $10k, and pissed a lot of people off in the process.  

I shared my math, and some more wild speculation in this article: https://brickarchitect.com/2019/2019-year-of-the-exclusives/

Love to hear more speculation, or see if I made any errors in my analysis and estimates.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:39 PM, Lordoflego said:

After about 24 from when those 2 bhz showed up at Walmart site, they added the same note about only 5k sets made to emmet. So they both had that. And I already received my orders and both, wyldstyle & emmet have the stickers. 

I'm aware of that as I received mine as well.  I was only pointing that out as someone was hinting at the target brickheabz not being exclusive because the images showed no stickers or said they were limited.

To be fair to Lego and play devil's advocate, I totally see why they did this. From their point of view, Brickheadz have been warming shelves and consistently on sale. They probably had these in the pipeline for a while during the development of the movie, and didn't just want to waste the run they had already produced. So instead, they take the 5000 they made and slap a limited edition sticker on them, ensuring that every unit will be purchased at full price. Otherwise, I can totally see Emmet or some other characters being not too popular and going on deep discount should they have been released regularly. The only reason people really care about some of these is the sticker, so it's not a bad marketing move from Lego.

I want to start a petition to convince The LEGO Group to produce more copies of those TLM2 BrickHeadz and release them outside the USA. Do you think I should start this petition?

Edited by MatthewRC

More bad news if you aren't in the US, Lego customer services now say that Easter Chick 40350, isn't currently due to be released anywhere else either. They suggested getting the Easter Bunny and gave me 200 VIP points because I had proof from previous live chats that I had been told it was coming out, even a recent as last week!

Edited by guybarlo

On 2/8/2019 at 9:36 PM, henrysunset said:

The decision to release TLM2 Brickheadz as limited edition regional exclusive business is crazy!  By my math, The LEGO Group might only make $10k, and pissed a lot of people off in the process.  

I shared my math, and some more wild speculation in this article: https://brickarchitect.com/2019/2019-year-of-the-exclusives/

Love to hear more speculation, or see if I made any errors in my analysis and estimates.

Good article, would love to know which reason it is. And excellent point about the possibility of it involving a larger deal to carry more product between the two since the loss of TRU, ~20% of the toy market in the US before going under so one has to believe they want to recoup that lost distribution as soon as possible.

Just got Benny and Sweet Mayhem delivered from Target. They both come with the same Limited Edition sticker as the Walmart sets, but of course $5 cheaper. Walmart sucks.

So, outside of the US, Brickheadz as a theme is 100% dead. If they’re not releasing the Easter one anywhere else, then I’d be surprised if they release the Halloween and Christmas ones at all (shame, I liked the ghosts look).

well, it was nice while it lasted, at least if anyone decides to get rid of their collection because of this they’ll be able to make a profit 

Just been to the shop at legoland Windsor and they have 13 of the Easter Chick, so if you want it to complete your collection in the UK this might be your only chance to get it.

Also this week, until 24th February, you don't need tickets to get in as it's only the shop that is open.

Edited by guybarlo
Added entry details