Anonknee Muss

BrickHeadz 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

On 1/19/2019 at 4:26 PM, MatthewRC said:

Rats! That sucks, and there are so many recent LEGO licenses that never got the BrickHeadz treatment.

Scooby-Doo, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, Middle-earth, Doctor Who, and so much more!

Agreed - the line is there to compete with the Funko Pop figurines, but I find the Brickheadz much more interactive, plus they're great parts packs for SNOT brackets and the like.

Hmm these look ok. Lucy and Benny look a little rushed underdeveloped

Sweet Mayhem is the best one here. 

Should we expect more? Because no Rex and Batman is odd

(Queen Whatevra is guess would be redundant because she is already a brick built character)

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Hmm these look ok. Lucy and Benny look a little rushed underdeveloped

Sweet Mayhem is the best one here. 

Should we expect more? Because no Rex and Batman is odd

(Queen Whatevra is guess would be redundant because she is already a brick built character)

Batman might also be considered redundant for how many other BrickHeadz figures he's been represented by. Maybe not if he was in his giant tire armor from Apocalypseburg—but I can hardly imagine how they'd go about making that for a BrickHeadz figure. :sceptic:

Just now, Lyichir said:

Batman might also be considered redundant for how many other BrickHeadz figures he's been represented by. Maybe not if he was in his giant tire armor from Apocalypseburg—but I can hardly imagine how they'd go about making that for a BrickHeadz figure. :sceptic:

The wedding outfit maybe?

1 hour ago, jamesn said:

Agreed - the line is there to compete with the Funko Pop figurines, but I find the Brickheadz much more interactive, plus they're great parts packs for SNOT brackets and the like.

Glad they succeeded in competing against the Kubros line by Mega Construx.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Yeah, we already have a Lego movie batman Brickheadz, so I can see why they wouldn’t do it.

i don’t know why they don’t do more waves for the same themes though. Tbh shirt loving waves through Lego shops themselves might be the way to go to bring popularity to the line, if you want them you can go hunt them down like Funko pops.

i really like the new ones, sweet mayhem looks really awesome, and I’m really glad we are getting emmet and wyldstyle (interesting they’re calling her as such here) and who can say no to Benny?

i really hope we get more Brickheadz. I’d love Thor and Hawkeye to round off the avengers, and Spider-Man and Mysterio from FFH would be awesome. Maybe some classic Jurassic Park characters, Alan Grant and an original raptor would be great.

8 hours ago, JunkstyleGio said:

I really like the new brickheadz!

Had to make some brickbuilt solution for the missing stickers in LDD/Stud.io

Nice!

What color is that for Sweet Mayhem's wings, though? Looks almost like you used Phosphorescent Green/Glow in the Dark Trans, when I'm pretty sure the actual parts are Trans. Light Blue with Glitter (which might not be available on Stud.io, but regular Trans. Light Blue would be a better substitute).

Edited by Lyichir

On 2/2/2019 at 1:55 PM, Lyichir said:

Even if they couldn't... there's an "unworn" Classic Space logo print hidden in his torso as well!

Ha, would you look at that! They really didn't need to do that, but they did anyway... :thumbup: :devil:

On 2/3/2019 at 4:52 AM, JunkstyleGio said:

I really like the new brickheadz!

Had to make some brickbuilt solution for the missing stickers in LDD/Stud.io

40003307313_0b19b4b6b3_c.jpg

These are so nice! 

11 hours ago, Mattallica said:

$15 bucks each???? no way

If these are really limited to 5,000 copies each, I'm not surprised.   I ordered both early this morning.   If true and they end up selling out, $15 will look a lot better than what resellers will be selling them for.

Just now, Calvinw said:

If these are really limited to 5,000 copies each, I'm not surprised.   I ordered both early this morning.   If true and they end up selling out, $15 will look a lot better than what resellers will be selling them for.

Apparently, these new BrickHeadz sets could be a timed-exclusive at Walmart.com.

I might be surprised if LEGO decides to make another 5,000 copies for each retailer after Walmart.com sells them out!

https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/1092768340219699200?s=21

I have never posted on here before, but after finding this thread on Google, I decided I would reply to this. 

I was really upset that the Brickheadz that were released late 2018 were already listed as "retired" on the LEGO Store (UK) website in late December, especially as they even still had the "New" tag on their listings. So I decided to contact LEGO about this, mainly to vent. 

They responded with this email, which seems to confirm that they are expecting new Brickheadz in 2019 (as this email was dated 9th Jan 2019)  - 

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I’m sorry, but we aren’t making the LEGO® 61626 Brickheadz Groot & Rocket anymore. Our Product Developers in Denmark invent new LEGO® toys all the time. They spend hours trying to create toys that are better and more fun every time. This means we sometimes have to stop making a few of the sets to launch new ones, our selection does change regularly.

You may be able to still find some older sets through different retailers or online shops as you know. Keep in mind that these aren’t our websites so the LEGO Group isn’t responsible for their content, and the items they’re selling could be new or used, as you noticed already.

We appreciate your comments, so I'll be passing your interest in the Brickheadz Groot & Rocket on to the design team. You never know, some of the old treasures might make a comeback!

However, I can confirm you new BrickHeadz will be launched very soon so keep an eye on the BrickHeadz theme.

Thank you so much for your understanding, best wishes for 2019 !

Edited by Totoro

12 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

And now Wyldstyle too!

I think she was first to sell out since she was first one to have a note about only 5k units made. They added that to Emmet almost 24h later. Glad my 3 orders went through and will start arriving tomorrow and Friday. 

This is the kind of thing that really makes me mad... mad enough to actually post my discontentment...

So the ComicCon exclusives where not enough? Sorry for living in Europe and actually having zero chance of getting this... way to go LEGO!

I'm sorry for the rant.

“Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Unfortunately, the LEGO® Movie 2 Brickheadz are only available in the US and we are not expecting to release them in EU markets.

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:”

great, thanks a bunch lego