Anonknee Muss

BrickHeadz 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Yes, the HP ones drew me in as well, quickly followed by the Disney range, excluding Frozen. Now I just want the Santa set, and thats it, unless something else must-have comes out.

There are pics of a new character from TLM2 who seems to be a BrickHeadz. 

His name is Zen Bunny

8 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

When Brickheadz first appeared I decided to just skip the entire theme. They didn't look all that interesting to me, and I couldn't imagine wanting to have them on display. Fast forward to the Harry Potter Brickheadz which I really love, figured I'd pick them up after Skærbæk this year. No such luck, Ron & Dumbledore all gone, and marked as out of stock/sold out at S@H too. Took me by surprise, since at the local shops Brickheadz have looked like shelf warmers that end up at sale. Hopefully they will be back in stock. Kinda funny that I'm able to pick up Black Widow from the first series (IMO the best of series 1), but not get a hold of many of the new ones...

I've also found that building Brickheadz have an oddly therapeutic effect, even more so than regular LEGO sets. So if anyone still haven't built their first Brickheadz I would recommend giving them a chance.

It was go brick me that got me in. I’ve never been a fan of static collectables like funko pops etc. So wanted to skip the theme. I got a captain America (cause I love Cap) and a Hulk (was on clearance) but it was go brick me that really grabbed me, the possibilities and building techniques, being able to build myself, it got me and my girlfriend hooked. Skip forward 6 months and we’ve got nearly 40 Brickheadz between us, plus 5 copies of go brick me...

On 12/5/2018 at 2:36 PM, HawkLord said:

Thrilled the non-licensed Brickheadz are still going, since I have all of them so far.

Speaking of non-licensed Brickheadz, how would you feel about official Brickheadz caricatures of various, select Collectable Minifigure archetypes from past Series? 

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There are pics of a new character from TLM2 who seems to be a BrickHeadz. 

His name is Zen Bunny

Here's a picture for reference:

Spoiler

The LEGO Movie 2: The Awesomest, Most Amazing, Most Epic Movie Guide in the Universe

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 12/26/2018 at 7:11 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Speaking of non-licensed Brickheadz, how would you feel about official Brickheadz caricatures of various, select Collectable Minifigure archetypes from past Series? 

I’d like that. LEGO could find a lot of success with their own home-brewed characters. For example, Brick Beard or Johnny Thunder - they should make the most of their own characters. 

Just had a look on Shop@Home (U.K.) all the Brickheadz that have been listed as out of stock are now retired. Including all the ones released only in October! The prices they’re going for on amazon and eBay are also insane. So gutted I never picked up Marty and Doc, I had so many chances. Luckily I got a lot of the ones I wanted, but still haven’t got ghostbusters, nightmare before Christmas, or Mickey and Minnie. It seems that this line may indeed be dead then if they’re retiring them all like that.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Just had a look on Shop@Home (U.K.) all the Brickheadz that have been listed as out of stock are now retired. Including all the ones released only in October! The prices they’re going for on amazon and eBay are also insane. So gutted I never picked up Marty and Doc, I had so many chances. Luckily I got a lot of the ones I wanted, but still haven’t got ghostbusters, nightmare before Christmas, or Mickey and Minnie. It seems that this line may indeed be dead then if they’re retiring them all like that.

Wow, when did that happen? £50 on eBay? Very weird, especially as they just realised the four new ones. Really wanted Mickey and Minnie :(

en-US still has Mickey, Minnie, Jack & Sally, and Ghostbusters as all "out of stock" not retired.  My local store as well has these in and out of stock and continues to get shipments in.  

5 hours ago, dvt said:

en-US still has Mickey, Minnie, Jack & Sally, and Ghostbusters as all "out of stock" not retired.  My local store as well has these in and out of stock and continues to get shipments in.  

If they’re out of stock, they’ll likely be retired soon

6 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Wow, when did that happen? £50 on eBay? Very weird, especially as they just realised the four new ones. Really wanted Mickey and Minnie :(

It’s so annoying, I out off the back to the future set because I thought they’d still be around next year, same for the likely of Minnie and Mickey. A lot of these have only been on shelves for 2/3 months. It sucks that nothing past the early summer wave has been seen outside of Lego stores. 

19 hours ago, Whovastron said:

It’s so annoying, I out off the back to the future set because I thought they’d still be around next year, same for the likely of Minnie and Mickey. A lot of these have only been on shelves for 2/3 months. It sucks that nothing past the early summer wave has been seen outside of Lego stores. 

I was hoping as well that the latest BrickHeadz will pop up outside the Lego stores - only Harry & Hedwig and Owen & Blue made it other stores here in Austria.

It's sad that Brickheadz seem to be ending...I hope it's not true. I guess no Toy Story ones, after all. :cry_sad: At least my Up house is gaining support!

27 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

It's sad that Brickheadz seem to be ending...I hope it's not true. I guess no Toy Story ones, after all. :cry_sad: At least my Up house is gaining support!

And I was hoping for more licensed BrickHeadz sets of Scooby-Doo, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, and other themes! :hmpf_bad:

I mean, at least LEGO wants my money. Not like Disney cancelling my favorite game ever...But, I digress. Not sure why they went full throttle for 2 years on BH, only to seemingly cut the line...

I spoke with employees at my local LEGO store (USA based) about Brickheadz and they only have upcoming 2019 on the roadmap.  All 2018 brickheadz have been sold out from their physical store and they will not be getting more of any 2018 characters/models.

Edit:  basically saying that now *looks* like USA is matching other locales for stopping the random licenses that they seem to be getting.

Edited by dvt

8 hours ago, Modeltrainman said:

@dvt So, the holiday ones, then?

Clown, Chinese Dragon, and all holiday 2019 sets.  Rest are gg.

I’ve seen the Clown, Dragon, and Dog at the Lego store. They also had a couple of the season-based ones from last year on clearance. The only licensed ones the Lego store here has is Leia. Glad I got Marty/Doc for clearance $15. 

User brewemj on Brickset has said that he spoke with an employee at the Leicester Square store and Sheffield store, who confirmed the line is indeed ending. Existing stock and the seasonal 2019 models will be sold, but that is it.

Edited by TWRAddict

29 minutes ago, TWRAddict said:

User brewemj on Brickset has said that he spoke with an employee at the Leicester Square store and Sheffield store, who confirmed the line is indeed ending. Existing stock and the seasonal 2019 models will be sold, but that is it.

Then our worst fears have been realised. If what you have told me is true, you will have earned my trust.

awful shame though, I thought it really got into its groove last year. There’s so many lines they could have done; Lego movie 2, overwatch, Doctor Who, wizard of oz, Jurassic Park, toy story, avengers 4, Spider-Man, Shazam. The issue is that they just didn’t get the distribution that funko does, that’s probably due to so many retailers getting shelf warmers in 2017, so not ordering for 2018. But that’s just due to bad character choice in 2017. If they’d gone straight in with Star Wars, I bet it would have sold better.

3 hours ago, TWRAddict said:

Rats! That sucks, and there are so many recent LEGO licenses that never got the BrickHeadz treatment.

Scooby-Doo, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, Middle-earth, Doctor Who, and so much more!

Edited by MatthewRC

So it seems that the line is not dead after all. Pics of Lego Movie 2 Brickheadz are in the usual places. Emmet, Lucy, Sweet Mayhem and Benny 

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

So it seems that the line is not dead after all. Pics of Lego Movie 2 Brickheadz are in the usual places. Emmet, Lucy, Sweet Mayhem and Benny 

Despite its artificial "wear" so to speak, I'm pretty sure fans of Classic Space will find some usage for BrickHeadz Benny's torso print. :wink:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Despite its artificial "wear" so to speak, I'm pretty sure fans of Classic Space will find some usage for BrickHeadz Benny's torso print. :wink:

Even if they couldn't... there's an "unworn" Classic Space logo print hidden in his torso as well!