Anonknee Muss

BrickHeadz 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Well a trip to one of our local Tesco stores unveiled the JP, FB, JL, SW and HP double packs, as well as a few singles. Pretty good for our end of the country.

At least if anything the Brickheadz line can continue in custom builds by the fans. With the exception of some printed pieces, everything else is common enough. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Brickheadz live! ...at least the non-licensed ones :tongue:

I just came here to post about it

The clown looks cool!

Wow 8 new brickheadz in total. ghost, chicken, puppy, reindeer, dragon, clown, elf and elfie. Favorite has to be the clown or chicken. Even tho these are non licensed I’m glad brickheadz are continuing 

49 minutes ago, dvt said:

Odd, no turkey or ... pilgrim?

They already did a turkey this year and probably didn’t want to repeat. And Thanksgiving—particularly the “Native Americans and Pilgrims” version—is really only a U.S. thing. 

The new BrickHeadz look great!

• 80: Dragon Dance Guy [40354], $9.99?
  • 81: Puppy [40349], $9.99?
  • 82: Chick [40350], $9.99?
  • 83: Ghost [40351], $9.99?
  • 85, 86 & 87: Reindeer, Elf and Elfie [40353], $19.99?
  • 92: Birthday Clown [40348], $9.99?

@dvt Lego already made a Thanksgiving Turkey this year.

Edited by seltun

Glad to see the line is not completely dead.  Most excited for the reindeer.  Might have to buy a whole team of them to pull brickhead Santa in a sleigh!!

Is the Dragon Dance guy going to be a China only release?

3 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

They already did a turkey this year and probably didn’t want to repeat. And Thanksgiving—particularly the “Native Americans and Pilgrims” version—is really only a U.S. thing. 

#84 isn’t shown here. Odd that they’re missing one in order and could be something else, but when the pattern of Thanksgiving (yes, a U.S. holiday itself which has grown and adopted by other countries) it would make sense they continue the pattern. If TLG doeant want to repeat the turkey because they did it previously.. that doesn’t leave very many symbolic symbols for the traditional holiday which has had a festive holiday set now for years. I doubt, but possible, TLG will break the pattern which goes back to what bruckheadz will they do instead.  

And I just realized I misread part of your comment. Basically TLG has made a thanksgiving set repeatedly and there is a missing number for the series. 

While I tend to prefer the holiday vignettes, I am pleasantly surprised at how great these new BrickHeadz look! I think my favorites are the little chick and the ghost.

Thrilled the non-licensed Brickheadz are still going, since I have all of them so far. I can do without a Thanksgiving one, since I’m not savvy on it as a holiday in the first place. 

I hope LEGO still continues releasing more licensed BrickHeadz sets. I'd love to see Scooby-Doo, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, Doctor Who, and other themes get the BrickHeadz treatment!

A quick redo of the 40354 Dragondancman

Only two parts missing/workaronds.

32329670638_fdc4eda78f_z.jpg

Edited by JunkstyleGio
extra text.

8 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

I hope LEGO still continues releasing more licensed BrickHeadz sets. I'd love to see Scooby-Doo, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, Doctor Who, and other themes get the BrickHeadz treatment!

Scooby-Doo and Doctor Who have to happen if BrickHeadz theme isn't dead. And of course, TLM2.

Edited by Pop Star c o

2 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

Scooby-Doo and Doctor Who have to happen if BrickHeadz theme isn't dead. And of course, TLM2.

Well, The Simpsons, Ghostbusters, and Back to the Future got BrickHeadz sets a few years after LEGO put those themes on hold. It also depends on whether the LEGO Group still has the licenses for Scooby-Doo and Doctor Who.

Edited by MatthewRC

Let's hope the theme continues... At first I didn't like the Brickheadz that much, but they won me over! I made my own characters, and for sure I'd like to see more characters, both licensed and not.

BUT I saw the upcoming buildable figures for Minecraft (very crude for my tase) and I'm afraid that they are looking for a new character-based theme. 

Not news related, but if you’re in the U.K. Brickheadz are super cheap in Tesco at the moment. Managed to snag the Justice League and Jurassic World twin packs for £11.50 each! Stormtrooper, Vader, Han, Chewie, Elsa, Gamora and Starlord are £7.75. And go brick me is £13!!!(half price) picked up another 2 of them, have 5 of that Set now, about time I get onto doing some more custom builds.

(a couple of these ones, along with sale stuff from other themes (some Star Wars sets are 50% off) are availible on their online grocery store too)

Edited by Whovastron

Its reported the brickheadz will finally come to an end. In germany some brickheadz were only on shelves for like 6 weeks and there are no back orders anymore aka minnie Mickey harry potter boba fett etc. Since there are no announcements for next year besides the seasonal ones I think it's true!!!

38 minutes ago, sokewl said:

Its reported the brickheadz will finally come to an end. In germany some brickheadz were only on shelves for like 6 weeks and there are no back orders anymore aka minnie Mickey harry potter boba fett etc. Since there are no announcements for next year besides the seasonal ones I think it's true!!!

It was said by the a LEGO designer that the brickheadz would be continuing but with limited distribution 

2 hours ago, sokewl said:

It’s interesting, on the U.K. site it also just says ‘sold out’ for the Brickheadz rather than backordered. But I think it’s said that on and off for all the releases all year. They seem to sell out a lot.

Edited by Whovastron

When Brickheadz first appeared I decided to just skip the entire theme. They didn't look all that interesting to me, and I couldn't imagine wanting to have them on display. Fast forward to the Harry Potter Brickheadz which I really love, figured I'd pick them up after Skærbæk this year. No such luck, Ron & Dumbledore all gone, and marked as out of stock/sold out at S@H too. Took me by surprise, since at the local shops Brickheadz have looked like shelf warmers that end up at sale. Hopefully they will be back in stock. Kinda funny that I'm able to pick up Black Widow from the first series (IMO the best of series 1), but not get a hold of many of the new ones...

I've also found that building Brickheadz have an oddly therapeutic effect, even more so than regular LEGO sets. So if anyone still haven't built their first Brickheadz I would recommend giving them a chance.