Anonknee Muss

BrickHeadz 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

14 hours ago, Azani said:

It is possible - I'm not certain of this - that Brickheadz kits will be integrated into the traditional numbering schemes that were set for certain themes in 2013, as the Juniors line is doing the same next year. I don't know this for a fact, but it would seem to be a logical step forward for the theme.

Hm, that would make sense for Brickheadz that belong to existing themes, but what about some of the others (like Jack & Sally)? :wink:

1 hour ago, seltun said:

Someone contacted the designer on Instagram and posted the reply, @vintoito is his Instagram user name.

159AE777-7037-4D5F-ADDE-A76300CED691.thumb.jpeg.fdff26b292637624c625f6ffaea65afd.jpeg

Thanks for providing @Lordoflego this image!

5 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

Jack and Sally would have come under Disney

I forgot that the Disney Princess theme was rebranded to just ”Disney“, so you‘re right, it would fit in :thumbup: 

11 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Could you tell me where can I find his statement?

It’s also above on the same page you said there wasn’t any in 2019, along with leaked information about two 2019 Brickheadz sets...

31 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It’s also above on the same page you said there wasn’t any in 2019, along with leaked information about two 2019 Brickheadz sets...

What I asked for wasn’t posted before my question. Legomomogomo (lol) doesn’t mean much to me. They have their info, I have mine. I asked for source, like....hmm, I dunno, lego designer lets say and not a post about somebody called minilegogo...”deepest apologies” that I don’t know the person.

10 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

What I asked for wasn’t posted before my question. Legomomogomo (lol) doesn’t mean much to me. They have their info, I have mine. I asked for source, like....hmm, I dunno, lego designer lets say and not a post about somebody called minilegogo...”deepest apologies” that I don’t know the person.

My apologies, the picture of the conversation with the designer is in the 2018 Brickheadz thread, as well as the discussion about the line continuing next year

so this thread has gone dead.  has anyone seen or heard anything regarding 2019 brickheadz.  I was surprised none were shown with the release of the Lego Movie 2 sets.

I thought I read somewhere that there will be TLM2 Brickheadz, but only store exclusive. TLG is better in keeping sets secret that are exclusive. So I guess we have to wait just a little more to see them. 

9 hours ago, RyanMe said:

so this thread has gone dead.  has anyone seen or heard anything regarding 2019 brickheadz.  I was surprised none were shown with the release of the Lego Movie 2 sets.

For what it is worth, I know that TLG had planned a wave of four BH for the expected street date of January 1 for The LEGO Movie 2 kits. I do not know if any of these will be seeing the light of day.

I can say with 100% certainty that nothing is coming to general retail on the Brickheadz front in Q1 of 2019.

12 minutes ago, Azani said:

For what it is worth, I know that TLG had planned a wave of four BH for the expected street date of January 1 for The LEGO Movie 2 kits. I do not know if any of these will be seeing the light of day.

I can say with 100% certainty that nothing is coming to general retail on the Brickheadz front in Q1 of 2019.

Thanks for the confirmation. I think TLG is making the right decision to cut off Brickheadz before it jumps the shark. There were a ton of them this year to the point of oversaturation, and I think that most people ended up being satisfied with the wide range of properties Lego covered.

BrickHeadz were not my cup of tea, but they were ok 

I thought they were selling ok. bu the fact that they are not releasing none this winter is very telling 

5 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Thanks for the confirmation. I think TLG is making the right decision to cut off Brickheadz before it jumps the shark. There were a ton of them this year to the point of oversaturation, and I think that most people ended up being satisfied with the wide range of properties Lego covered.

No worries; and, as it stands in the last few weeks of 2018, I would concur/assent that TLG's marketing strategy for the proper and strictly modular Brickheadz line has been incredibly risky and intrinsically dependent on strong sales in a very short list of key IPs. I would assume that TLG would need to drastically cut back on the number of IPs/licensed popular culture properties in order to maintain the line, but maybe I'm simply in the dark about how well The Nightmare Before Christmas sells in 2018. :P

1 hour ago, Azani said:

Bummer. I was really looking forward to at least an emmit and wildstyle. That being said I really thought the brickheadz were rather dull. Then I bought the Lego batman ones because I needed to complete the theme. After building those, I fell in love with them.  I love the simplicity of them and as the theme went on, they seemed to get better and better definitely sad to hear this news. 

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Matthew Ashton said there will be more BH next year but with limited distribution meaning they are store exclusives.

Won’t affect us much in the U.K., most of them are limited here already. Currently the only single releases you can get anywhere other than Shop@home are Vader, Stormtrooper, Hermione, Chewie and Han. The rest of the Harry Potter ones are widely available. But the two packs, outside of Lego and Smyths, seem to be exclusive to a lot of retailers; like the Batman & Superman Set at Tesco, or the Incredibles at Sainsbury’s, or Minecraft at Asda. I’m fairly certain that, other than Smyths, which aren’t that common a shop as one might presume, the frozen, Disney, BTTF, Ghostbusters and Santa Brickheadz are exclusive to Shop@Home

I phoned a UK Lego store yesterday to enquire about the Mickey & Minnie sets and was told Brickheadz was being discontinued 

yes yes I know about this store employee said this and that employee said that but it does concure with what’s being said 

9 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Won’t affect us much in the U.K., most of them are limited here already. Currently the only single releases you can get anywhere other than Shop@home are Vader, Stormtrooper, Hermione, Chewie and Han. The rest of the Harry Potter ones are widely available. But the two packs, outside of Lego and Smyths, seem to be exclusive to a lot of retailers; like the Batman & Superman Set at Tesco, or the Incredibles at Sainsbury’s, or Minecraft at Asda. I’m fairly certain that, other than Smyths, which aren’t that common a shop as one might presume, the frozen, Disney, BTTF, Ghostbusters and Santa Brickheadz are exclusive to Shop@Home

That's intriguing/curious to catch, as I was unaware that the UK retail setup was as tightly controlled insofar as distribution is concerned with the summer (2HY) Brickheadz. Over here in the states, we're seeing some very narrow distribution arrangements as well, but my understanding was that the Minecraft, Incredibles 2, and JWFK dual packs were seeing a general mass retail release in the UK. Generally, it is good to clarify this sort of thing in an explicit sort of way; in this case, it may have been unwise to just assume.

Edited by Azani

2 hours ago, Azani said:

That's intriguing/curious to catch, as I was unaware that the UK retail setup was as tightly controlled insofar as distribution is concerned with the summer (2HY) Brickheadz. Over here in the states, we're seeing some very narrow distribution arrangements as well, but my understanding was that the Minecraft, Incredibles 2, and JWFK dual packs were seeing a general mass retail release in the UK. Generally, it is good to clarify this sort of thing in an explicit sort of way; in this case, it may have been unwise to just assume.

The only two pack I think that is quite widely available over here is the Ron and Dumbledore one, but even that is still not everywhere. I’m not sure what Smyths stock, but outside of them it is quite contained, and lot of large retailers don’t stock them. Argos and the Entertainer stock very few brickheadz (the former only the Harry Potter single pack and Hegwig pack, the latter only the infinity War packs, dc ones and go brick me). John Lewis never really has any in stores, but I believe some are available online. And as I mentioned before; the supermarket chains (Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Asda) seem to have their own exclusive 2 packs, with a shared limited range of single packs. It is quite an interesting setup, but I kinda like it, reminds me of the days when I had to hunt around different stores to find different action figures, you never quite know what you’re going to find.

EDIT: just checked out Smyths, which I have been told in this thread before stocks some exclusives; they only seem to have the go brick me Set. So I am quite confident in saying that, in the U.K., Ariel & Ursula, Venkman & Slimer, Marty & Doc, both Frozen packs, Minnie, Mickey, Sally & Jack, Luke & Yoda, Leia, Boba Fett, Rocket&Groot, Newt&Grindlewald, Krusty & Homer and Mr&mrs Claus, are all exclusive to the Lego Shop.

Edited by Whovastron

@Whovastron my wife can testify that Smyths (at least the Plymouth branch) has the Venkman/Slimer set. That store has a good size Lego section since the demise of TrU, though. Their stock varies from store to store, but I’m not sure of the complexities of their logistics because the HQ is in Ireland. The irony of that particular statement is not lost on me in our current climate.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

@Whovastron my wife can testify that Smyths (at least the Plymouth branch) has the Venkman/Slimer set. That store has a good size Lego section since the demise of TrU, though. Their stock varies from store to store, but I’m not sure of the complexities of their logistics because the HQ is in Ireland. The irony of that particular statement is not lost on me in our current climate.

Interesting, I searched for that set specifically on their website and there was nothing. In store only maybe?

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Interesting, I searched for that set specifically on their website and there was nothing. In store only maybe?

Might well be. My local Toymaster has no Brickheadz at all and they have a really good range of Lego for the size of the town/shop. The nearby Asda only has Hermione, but their toy section looks like it’s been ransacked by an angry mob. Knowing the area it probably has...

8 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Might well be. My local Toymaster has no Brickheadz at all and they have a really good range of Lego for the size of the town/shop. The nearby Asda only has Hermione, but their toy section looks like it’s been ransacked by an angry mob. Knowing the area it probably has...

My local Tesco and Morrison’s are dreadful in general for Lego.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:10 PM, Whovastron said:

Quite true. I haven’t been paying attention to the BH much. This is good to know since a family member would like the Stormtrooper and Vader.