Falconfan1414

James Bond 2018

1 hour ago, meepinater said:

I'm not under 13... I'm over it. and talking to everybody else that replied... I can handle this! as you have probably seen... The capitalization is the only thing here, but sometimes i am in a rush... anyways... is the golden gun in james bond? I hope they don't use a pearl gold stud shooter...

trust, me i'm not 30. I also don't have special needs. let's just put it this way... i don't CHOOSE to watch most pg-13 movies. I am not a big fan of excess profanity. 

I have no idea what kind of PG-13 movies you watch but excess profanity usually gets a movie rated R. 

What does any of this have to do with Bond? 

Whatever, any member of age knows that we demand correct punctuation on this forum, as well as not admitting we are under age or making it blatantly obvious like saying we are not allowed to watch movies for teens. 

And of course everyone is of age here yes? 

45 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I have no idea what kind of PG-13 movies you watch but excess profanity usually gets a movie rated R. 

cough cough moneyball.

let's get back to james bond...third time around, the golden gun is from this, right? i wonder how lego will reproduce it.

8 minutes ago, meepinater said:

cough cough moneyball.

let's get back to james bond...third time around, the golden gun is from this, right? i wonder how lego will reproduce it.

The golden gun is from The Man with the Golden Gun. That film did not feature an Aston Martin (in fact the car is somewhat forgettable, besides the ramp stunt), so chances are there will be no golden gun involved. 

On 6/27/2018 at 7:05 PM, meepinater said:

isn't the golden gun from james bond? i'd love to see a lego version of that. maybe a pearl gold stud shooter?

3 hours ago, meepinater said:

is the golden gun in james bond? I hope they don't use a pearl gold stud shooter...

So you want a gold stud shooter or you don't???? Anyway, to do a golden gun in a James Bond set they would need to do a range of minifigures including villains, as the man with the golden gun is not James Bond, but Scaramanga.

If you just want a golden gun, then this part:

60849.jpg?1

already comes in both pearl gold and metallic gold. Pearl gold is very cheap on BL.

On 6/27/2018 at 5:46 PM, meepinater said:

i'm not allowed to watch most pg-13 movies...

3 hours ago, meepinater said:

i don't CHOOSE to watch most pg-13 movies.

Well, you can see where the confusion came from.

I don't know. I am just speculating about the gun. I thought it was from james bond, sorry. 

anyways, i think i'm gonna move on. i've probably contributed to half the comments here, so i will be back over in the mcw if you need me. see ya!

It was, one villain in one movie had a golden gun.

5 minutes ago, MAB said:

It was, one villain in one movie had a golden gun.

And a third nipple. Just saying like :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

What better way to go undercover than to stick on a fake nipple and hope somebody assumes you're Christopher Lee?

In all seriousness, I doubt we'd ever get a realistic representation of the golden gun (beyond a golden coloured version of pre-existing parts). It's a gun, made up of several things including a lighter and cigarette case. Hardly the kind of things Lego would be interested in remaking.

By far the best thing (well, apart from the lispy vertically-challenged sidekick) from TMWTGG was that mushroom rock and lagoon location, which the Thais have since renamed James Bond Island.

The more I think about it, I think I'd prefer no minifgs and just the gadgets on the DB5. Making custom Bonds really isn't difficult if you source fleshy heads/hands.

Edited by Lucarex

8 hours ago, J4ck said:

If DC can get sets then I don’t see much difference with JB.

Apart from the “s*x” scenes etc.

The Dark Knight Rises went a little risque too, that still got a set. 

I still think it would be weird for Lego to get such an iconic license just for one set, and that set being an oversized car. Something tells me there must be more up their sleeves.

There will be an extra special GWP to go with the July 4 announcement/reveal of the car, but to my knowledge that’s the extent of the sets for now.

13 hours ago, Lucarex said:

And they already have a torso for that ... :-)

973pb0411c01.png

9 hours ago, legozebra said:

There will be an extra special GWP to go with the July 4 announcement/reveal of the car, but to my knowledge that’s the extent of the sets for now.

GWP???

6 hours ago, MAB said:

And they already have a torso for that ... :-)

Haha....what's that from?! Star Wars?

Thanks, that acronym passed me by...but don't recall getting the surf Beetle polybag with the main model? Bought at Lego Store too, must have been after the promo :sad:

Haha never would have guessed Patrick (looked fleshie)...only have the spacesuit minifig (with the others) but no nipples on show thankfully :laugh:

Edited by Lucarex

36 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Thanks, that acronym passed me by...but don't recall getting the surf Beetle polybag with the main model?

There has been a mini Beetle, but it wasn't a polybag, it was a boxed set. It was still a GWP, though. It's been released in 2017, one year after the Expert Beetle (while there has also been a mini London Bus, which was offered... in 2016, on year before the release of the Expert Bus).

In this case, it could be a mini-version of the car, but also a minifig of Bond, James Bond, depending on whether or not one is included in the set. And even if he is in the set, the GWP could be a different version of him, a different actor.

So it probably will be a Creator Expert style DB  (5) ?  Makes sense, specially when its equipped with the typical Bond gadgets.

Pity it will be out of the range of sets I collect then (rather system scale).

I would be nice if they also could do a Bond inspired Speed Champions run,  even if not Bond branded, it could be a run with some DB's, Lotus, even the odd Ford, Ferrari, Bentley, Toyota, Alfa or whatever sportscar that makes a brief appearance in on of the movies..

Strange hearing that so many are shocked LEGO would make sets based on Bond. They've been making kids toys based on the brand since 1963, my Dad and uncle's favourite toy was their Corgi DB5's. My younger brother had Micro Machine's, Action Men and Corgi cars in the 90's. I had seen all the Connery and Moore movie's on TV in the 80's before I was 10 Years old. Most kids I know, (including my own) are well aware of the brand, it's history and have seen many of the movies, (they are on TV constantly here in the UK). Imho the Jurassic Park series has a lot more gratuitous violence than most of the Bond movies and there's plenty of sets based on that franchise. The only odd thing is that it's taken this long to happen, I can see this line being really popular and if it does well I expect a TT Games Videogame to follow to coincide with the next movie.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lego themselves put out two more teasers for the Bond set

A continuation of the scene in sky fall w bond and M. Stop dragging out the suspense and just show us the db5!

37 minutes ago, jmckrew said:

Strange hearing that so many are shocked LEGO would make sets based on Bond. They've been making kids toys based on the brand since 1963, my Dad and uncle's favourite toy was their Corgi DB5's. My younger brother had Micro Machine's, Action Men and Corgi cars in the 90's. I had seen all the Connery and Moore movie's on TV in the 80's before I was 10 Years old. Most kids I know, (including my own) are well aware of the brand, it's history and have seen many of the movies, (they are on TV constantly here in the UK). Imho the Jurassic Park series has a lot more gratuitous violence than most of the Bond movies and there's plenty of sets based on that franchise. The only odd thing is that it's taken this long to happen, I can see this line being really popular and if it does well I expect a TT Games Videogame to follow to coincide with the next movie.

You sir, nail, head. Also Airfix did a Little Nellie for certain, and probably a DB5, it seems like the sort of thing they would do. People are very quick to throw the kids only idea about, but LOTR, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, DC and Marvel, Beetlejuice, have all had violence, sex, and/or death themes. Bond is no different.

It’s happening! God I really hope they do it justice or else there’ll be scenes, anarchy, etc.

When can we expect a reveal? This should be available to VIPs in mid-July. Might the reveal be tomorrow, July 1st, or next week?