Falconfan1414

James Bond 2018

On 6/19/2018 at 8:49 AM, Robianco said:

The Solo movie is an excellent film and we have several sets from it. It is the story of an orphan who's fighting to get out of a life of theft and criminality. He joins an army, probably kills people during that time. Gets involved in a criminal gang. Robs something. Has a love interest. He steals more stuff. The issue of sex between people and robots is discussed. Double cross. Killing. More killing. Good guy wins. 

If we're fine with all the above being age appropriate then I think we're OK with Bond.

I'm pretty sure the what Elthree said about Lando being into her in that way was all in her head, that's how I took it anyway. 

But on the same vein guardians of the galaxy 2 featured a space brothel with robotic prostitutes and that got lego sets (the film not the brothel.).

So I guess you've made your point and I must concur, you convinced me to change my opinion.

Whenever I think about the possibility of James Bond becoming a fully fledged Lego theme, I tend to think of these creations by a Deviantart user named Jeffach:

Note: These aren't real, but I sure wish they were.

james_bond_lego_set_1_by_jeffach-d5w3xc2

james_bond_lego_set_2_by_jeffach-d5w3zhy

james_bond_lego_set_3_by_jeffach-d5w3ztl

james_bond_lego_set_4_by_jeffach-d5wns35

james_bond_lego_set_5_by_jeffach-d66twju

As you can see, he only has five so far, each one based on action sequences from each of the first five Bond films. I sure hope he makes more eventually. Would you guys buy these if they were made into sets?

7 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

Whenever I think about the possibility of James Bond becoming a fully fledged Lego theme, I tend to think of these creations by a Deviantart user named Jeffach:

Note: These aren't real, but I sure wish they were.

(...)

Bond is probably not the most exciting thing today for kids (and who of them knows the first 5 films anyway:wink:), but these sets do look really good indeed. 

Ignore

Edited by RyanMe
Got thunderball and never say never again mixed up

9 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

Would you guys buy these if they were made into sets?

Shown as is, I think not, since their construction methods and build aesthetic look like something from Lego sets of the late 1990's/early 2000's, yet built with parts dating from predominantly the late 2000's/early 2010's. But, that submarine from the Golden Grotto playset looks kinda cool though.

James Bond’s twitter account posted another teaser. It’s a small video that has 2 pictures. One says “ejector seat? You’re joking” the other says “I never joke about my work, 007” the caption under the teaser says “gadgets are no laughing matter to Q”

56 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

James Bond’s twitter account posted another teaser. It’s a small video that has 2 pictures. One says “ejector seat? You’re joking” the other says “I never joke about my work, 007” the caption under the teaser says “gadgets are no laughing matter to Q”

That's interesting, since those lines are from Goldfinger which would imply the upcoming set is the DB5, but the silhouette on the Creator page says otherwise, and hints towards a DBS/DB10. 

Having a DB5 in Creator scale would be good as it would allow all the various functions to be included and work. 

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

Having a DB5 in Creator scale would be good as it would allow all the various functions to be included and work. 

Except working steering of course. 

You'd think that an Austin Powers set would be about as appropriate as a James Bond one.

I wonder about this Creator Expert set, having the 007 'licence to build' tacked on to the price would annoy plenty of regulars. They'd probably pick up an Aston Martin anyway, but now it costs extra. The 007 affiliation would of course bring in a lot of extra buyers from outside the Lego fandom, as well as gain an interest from many also in the hobby.

That teaser quoting Goldfinger pretty much confirms it's a DB5. It has to be, right? 

The only slight remaining doubt in my mind is that the DB10 in Spectre also had an ejector seat, in a nod to the DB5.

The silhouette matches the new DB11 better including the lower front spoiler but I'm going to guess the silhouette is actually just put there as a hint to Aston rather than a full on DB5. That shape is totally recognisable.

The Vanquish had an ejector seat too as Brosnan used it to right the car when it was on it's roof in Die Another Day. 

41 minutes ago, The LEGO Communist said:

As long as there's a Daniel Craig Bond, I'm happy.

I don‘t know if they will put any fig in the Set. But if, all 5 would be cool!

Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan and Craig. Six surely?

On 6/23/2018 at 8:45 AM, nikhkin said:

I never expected them to make a more modern Aston-Martin under the Bond license.

It is still not clear if they are. If they used the James Bond link to get people talking and it turns out that it is not James Bond branded, they have probably shot themselves in the foot.

6 hours ago, Robianco said:

The Vanquish had an ejector seat too as Brosnan used it to right the car when it was on it's roof in Die Another Day. 

I've memory-wiped that particular outing from my brain.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

If they used the James Bond link to get people talking and it turns out that it is not James Bond branded, they have probably shot themselves in the foot.

Quite. I can't believe they'd be that spectacularly stupid given the pre-planned retweets from both 007/Eon and Aston Martin.

Two more quotes have been posted by Aston Martin’s Twitter. They read “Oh, and I suppose that’s completely inconspicuous.” And then “Get in” they are quotes from sky fall

Edited by Falconfan1414

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Two more quotes have been posted by Aston Martin’s Twitter. They read “Oh, and I suppose that’s completely inconspicuous.” And then “Get in” they are quotes from sky fall

that's a Skyfall quote, so more evidence of the DB5

Edited by RyanMe

This news is causing the blood to rush back to all the important bits. Thank the gods they’ve chosen the right car. 

On 6/23/2018 at 11:28 AM, Lucarex said:

Delusional.

Half the world's population have seen a Bond film, and it's a global event whenever a new movie (24 and counting) comes out or there's an actor change. They make BILLIONS. That's why Lego have secured the licence. 

The next Doctor is a much bigger global event than the next Bond. The next actor to play the Doctor is literally announced in front of a massive global audience now - in 2013 it got its own half-hour show devoted completely to announcing Peter Capaldi as the next incarnation, and last year they shot a whole reveal video that was aired during a major sporting event revealing the first female Doctor (a gigantic TV event comparable only to the fiftieth anniversary special The Day of the Doctor). James Bond would be lucky to have anything more than a two minute news story on BBC News showing who the next James Bond is. 

Doctor Who's fiftieth anniversary had an entire week of TV Specials devoted to it , and a feature-length movie (which sold out immediately in cinemas - not a mean feat when cinema has lost popularity in recent years) with the two most popular Doctors ever to grace screens returning in in David Tennant and Tom Baker, and one of the biggest film stars of all time in the late Sir John Hurt. James Bond's fiftieth anniversary only had one film with no returning James Bonds and a bunch of cheap men's fragrances that probably make you smell nothing like Daniel Craig.

On 6/23/2018 at 11:28 AM, Lucarex said:

I doubt even half your street has seen a Dr Who episode or even cares. Outside of the UK, those figures drop off the cliff entirely.

I can name far more who have seen a Doctor Who episode than a James Bond film. Doctor Who is a much bigger global franchise; just look at the number of viewers it attracts worldwide. James Bond has gained more popularity under Daniel Craig, but doesn't attract anywhere near as much media frenzy. James Bond wants to be as popular as Doctor Who, but it will never have a 'James Bond Week' of TV Specials. 

I am a huge Doctor Who fan but I still don't think that a discussion on which franchise is bigger belongs here... 

If I want Doctor Who Lego news (which there aren't any sadly) then I would try my best to bring life into the Doctor Who page again and not start discussions with people on what franchise is bigger in other pages.

I'm just here for my James Bond news and we should seriously stop answering to Dalekbuster and make this long discussion even worse

The quotes point to a DB5 but the silhouette from the Chinese leak looks like something more modern. I guess we'll see by the end of this week (which is when I guess they'll reveal the car).

I hope it's a DB5.

I really don’t know what your deal is Dalekbuster. It doesn’t matter which franchise is bigger, the James Bond set is happening. And on top of that, I think you’re incredibly biased. Doctor Who may be big in the UK and the US but here in Belgium it’s a really small fandom. And I believe this is the case in many other countries. They don’t even air the episodes over here. The James Bond movies on the other hand get shown almost twice a year on different channels.

Edited by Legopls

I wonder if the silhouette is just a generic "sporty car" outline, so they don't give it away too much. The DB5 has a rather iconic shape.

The quotes being posted certainly seem to be aimed at the DB5.

Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!!!...

Seriously, Dalekbuster, for the love of the brick, either contribute appropriately or please just stop. It's ruining the thread.