Bonaparte

Forum upgrade done

We did a big forum upgrade today.

We still need to fix some cosmetics over the coming days (e.g. related with the search bar and the emoticons), but for the rest we are again up and running.

Great, here's a few notable things:

• Notification emails are back - see here.
  • Titles are above profile pics - which I think looks much better.
  • Ranks are stated twice (as colored text and as images) - don't know why that's needed?
  • Posts don't have a share button anymore - which I personally have used a lot...
  • Polls are still not working in the Technic forum...
Edited by mocbuild101

What got upgraded? As far as I can tell, it seems and feels about the same, which is probably a good thing considering how these things can go.

I don't know if it came up already, but the embassy forum looks out of style compared to the rest. Looks like the default Forum template or so...

The polls are still not fixed in Star Wars forums. :cry_sad:

The forum ranks appear as image and text - as for the text, I think it can be removed from the code forum theme itself or in CSS, just add display: none;

Anyway, for the brighter side, thank you for keeping the forum in good shiny condition. :sweet:

I recall there used to be a means to preview posts and, in light of a post I've made where I messed up the formatting dreadfully, I'd like to know if that is still supported.

The only way I can peruse the forum is with my mobile device, having said that since the upgrade I no longer see ranks, post counts or badges. Did the upgrade eliminate these or is my phone just not showing everything. 

Thanks for the upgrade! I especially like the part that sends you to the latest part of a PM, not the start. Great work guys! 

15 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

The only way I can peruse the forum is with my mobile device, having said that since the upgrade I no longer see ranks, post counts or badges. Did the upgrade eliminate these or is my phone just not showing everything. 

Me too. And I like that! The rank wasted a large amount of space, and who cares! I also don't care about post count or badges either. If I want info I can click on their name and review their profile.  Best of all the mobile device formatting isn't messed up. And by that I mean there is no longer an overlap between the header and the body covering part of the body text with the PM link. That always drove me nuts! 

@sed6  Good to see you and others are really happy with the new upgrades, as well as me. Still I wonder if you still see those things if you are using a computer, since I don't have access to one and if those items are purposely omitted for phones. 

Great job but there's something you really need to add to the website: an RSS feed.

Having notifications about new articles is always welcome. As it's now I've to remember to open the website every day and check.

Not a big issue but sometimes I forget to check it for weeks. :)

On 6/14/2018 at 10:50 PM, mocbuild101 said:

Ranks are stated twice (as colored text and as images) - don't know why that's needed?

Is it perhaps a glitch? :shrug_confused:

On 6/15/2018 at 3:27 AM, Capparezza said:

I don't know if it came up already, but the embassy forum looks out of style compared to the rest. Looks like the default Forum template or so...

Before the upgrade, sometimes the Action Figure and Technic subforums would temporarily default back to that format on occasion, but those seem fine last time I checked.